Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Coffee and Cream Publishing Accepting Ebook Submission

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elizabeth | 6 comments Coffee and Cream Publishing, C&C, is dedicated to interracial and multicultural romances of all genres. We believe that interracial and diverse cultural romances is an under-represented market.

C&C will focus on quality material and is seeking stories in a wide spectrum from lightly sensual to romance erotica.

Proposals submission guidelines can be found at

http://www.coffeewithcreampublishing....

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Lee
Acquisition Editor,
Coffee and Cream Publishing
www.coffeeandcreampublishing.com

message 2: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Sep 14, 2011 07:40PM) (new)

CaliGirlRae (Rae_L) | 1988 comments Mod
Hi Elizabeth and welcome to the group!

If I may, I'd like to ask some questions on behalf of any writers who may be curious about submitting.

*Have you already signed any authors as of yet?

*Will authors be able to email you for a sample contract just to see what rights are bought and what terms the company will be purchasing from the author?

*Will we be able to see a sample of the book cover art in the store on Sept 25th?

*Does Coffee and Cream Publishing have a marketing plan in mind for it's authors or will it be up to the authors to primarily promote themselves?

*Will readers and authors be able to follow the company on any social networking sites (like Facebook and Twitter) just in case they'd like to see what works will be offered?

Thanks in advance. It's great to see a new publisher looking for IR works in different genres! :-)

Elizabeth | 6 comments Hi Rae and all the writers and readers,

I am so glad to have found such an active group that loves interracial romance as much I do.

Coffee and Cream Publishing is a start-up and we are actively and aggressively accepting query letters.

Your questions are greatly appreciated and we are adding our Facebook page to the web site and establishing a Twitter feed. We have an email list for authors that includes writing tips, publishing advice, and others news (please let me know if you want to be added).

We have created an Art Cover questionnaire for authors to incorporate the author’s vision to choose a cover that is specific to each title. I like your suggestion of posting samples and we’ll try to incorporate that into the site.

Understanding contractual details is very important to both writer and publisher. Author’s rights, terms, and royalties are part of the negotiation before the contract is drawn. Because all writers have individual needs and strong point of interest, each contract is customized.

C&C Publishing’s primary tasks are to package, edit, distribute, and promote all of our publications. We have created an author’s promotional plan to help facilities C&C’s efforts and to provide readers with the accessibly to our writers. Therefore, marketing is a joint effort and our plan takes this into account.

Thank you for all your questions and feel free to email me at any time.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Lee
Acquisition Editor,
Coffee and Cream Publishing
www.coffeeandcreampublishing.com

message 4: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (Rae_L) | 1988 comments Mod
Thank you so much for popping back to answer the questions, Elizabeth! Please do add me to the email list for authors and please keep us posting on the Twitter and Facebook pages. I'll definitely spread the word to my fellow writers to let them know about your interests!

Dahlia DeWinters (DahliaDeWinters) | 56 comments I will certainly be keeping an eye on this. I love to see new epublishers!

Elizabeth | 6 comments Thank you Ladies!

Elizabeth | 6 comments Coffee and Cream Publishing is now seeking short story submissions for our website readers. Authors are paid $2.00 per page, based on a 350 word count per page (20 page minimum).

For further details, please go to http://www.coffeewithcreampublishing....

Elizabeth | 6 comments Coffee and Cream Publishing is excited to announce its Spring Romance Writing Contest for interracial and multicultural Romance short stories. 1st place wins $500.00 USD.

Submission dates are January 23, 2012 to April 30, 2012. Completed manuscripts should be between 7,000 and 20,000 word count and can not be part of an anthology, duet, combined, or omnibus publication.

Complete details are located at

http://www.coffeeandcreampublishing.c...

message 9: by Julia (last edited Jan 27, 2012 04:07AM) (new)

Julia | 1 comments Dear Elizabeth,

May I ask the name of Coffee and Cream Publishing's founder? On the company's website she is identified merely as "A Member of Romance Writer's Association (www.rwa.org)". The unnecessary apostrophe and use of 'Association' instead of 'America' are also rather unfortunate mistakes on a publisher's website!

unread topics | mark unread