!The Young Adult Book Club! discussion

Points > Everything about POINTS!

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick, The One That is Between Pages.. (last edited Jun 18, 2012 06:17PM) (new)

Patrick (Patrick_Castro) | 1576 comments Mod
Will be start next month or soon depending on the mods!

Here in YABR's you can get great and cool privilages to become a mod, decide on a montly read, or to just have fun and talk about books!
So why not have a points systems for cool and great privilages! In the points system you earn you way to become a mod, choose a montly read, etc. based montly on the points you earned to get great things!

Here are the Rules!:
1.)Read the monthly book list
So by reading the Monthly Reads and making a review on them on the book's folder you get: 5 points to add to you account. If it was a series read it would still be 5 points! You could have read this books 2 years ago or 2 days ago it doesn't matter. :)

2.)Reading a book
If you guys finished reading a book you could gain 3 points to add to you account when you post up a review on it in the 'What books are you reading right now?' thread in the W&R Archives.

3.) Writing and Reading Contests If you particpate in the Writing and Reading Contests(which will start in October) you get 3 points! If you win you get 5 points! You will have to submit it in this format:
Title and By whom
Date:
What For:(Reader or Writing Contests)
Your Piece of work:

Submissions not in the right template will not be acceptted.

4.)Invitations! If you guys invite you friends to join YABR you get 2 points! They'll have to give the user's name( the one who invited you) in the thread: Invites! in the General folder.

5.)Games If you guys have a great game idea you could post it up in the 1,000 Games or Games folder. If it gets popular you get 10 points! Limit it till 3-4 please! :)

Reviews
When you guys finished a book submit it(depending if it was a monthly read or just a book read) like this:
I Finished a Book! For Points!
Title with Author
Rating:
Your Review(it could be short or long...): It will be worth 3 points :)

The Winners and Privaliges!
The person with the most points in the month gets to:
*Pick a book for our Montly Read, with the winner the disscusion leader(us mods will approve it first).
*Gets to be the buzz for a day through message for all members, the top of the general folder, and the Winner Page.
*Get a folder with your name for you to put any disscuion threads.

Wait there's more!
The winner who gets 100 points will get to be a mod! This is because of you activeness and you earning that well-deserved 100 points!* Give yourself a clap if you got 100 points!*

After the end of each month you account will be earased and you'll have/want to sign up for next month!

Those who cheat,lied will be blocked from this group. Have a fair game and if you won don't gloat since you'll get a whole day for your winning and if you lost please don't hold grudges, its not good.
Good Luck!

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 211 comments What's the monthly book list?

message 3: by Patrick, The One That is Between Pages.. (new)

The books you see on the clubs profile page~The Body Finder and Beautiful Creatures

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 211 comments Ok.Just wanted to be sure.Thanks. =) I'm planning to read both books soon.

message 5: by Patrick, The One That is Between Pages.. (new)

Cool! Will be still having the disscusions avaliable to disscuss!

message 6: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 27 comments Where should we post our reviews of books?

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 211 comments In the W&R archives in the What are you reading right now section.

message 8: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 27 comments Thanks. Oh wait duh it says it right there. Now I feel stupid.

message 9: by Em~Lost In A Dream~ (last edited Oct 10, 2011 01:12PM) (new)

Em~Lost In A Dream~ | 211 comments It's ok.Really.=) I wasn't sure before what W&R MEANT before.Everyone has moments like that.

message 10: by Eoin (new)

Eoin | 27 comments Hahaha

message 11: by Jon, Through the Wardrobe into Narnia (last edited Dec 07, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Jon (scottreadsit) | 110 comments Mod
Hey Patrick :)
I was wondering if we can use a similar points system for my group Erudite Readers
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/5...
Message me :)
I would give u credit and the system wouldnt be the same

message 12: by Patrick, The One That is Between Pages.. (new)

Mockingjay wrote: "Hey Patrick :)
I was wondering if we can use a similar points system for my group Erudite Readers
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/5...
Message me :)
I would give u credit and t..."

Yeah sure! :)

message 13: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (blackrose388) So basically if you get the most points then you get to pick the book of the month and discuss it right? That is the whole purpose of the point system?

message 14: by Jon, Through the Wardrobe into Narnia (new)

Jon (scottreadsit) | 110 comments Mod
Morgan wrote: "So basically if you get the most points then you get to pick the book of the month and discuss it right? That is the whole purpose of the point system?"
Pretty much!

message 15: by Patrick, The One That is Between Pages.. (new)

Morgan wrote: "So basically if you get the most points then you get to pick the book of the month and discuss it right? That is the whole purpose of the point system?"

Yup, and its a fun way to get members active and have fun :)

unread topics | mark unread