James and the Giant Peach James and the Giant Peach discussion

James and the Giant Peach

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by tori (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

tori flores " I know what your thinking. Your thinking why a giant peach. Well so was I but now it is almost my favorite book. So you should read it because Ronald Dahl is a great author."

message 2: by happydog (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

happydog What better way to travel across the country than in a juicy succulant peach? So much better than say " James and the giant Zuccinni"

Patricia Puddle I loved that book. One of Roald Dahls greatest. Loved Matilda too.

Roxanne great book...horrible movie

Patricia Puddle Roxanne wrote: "great book...horrible movie"

Really? I never saw the movie. Was it that bad?

Roxanne it was a strange cartoon
but the book was so magical, he was safe in his Peach...loved it

Olivia Roxanne wrote: "great book...horrible movie"

Horrible movie!!?? I loved the movie so much.
Oh well, we can't agree on everything. ;)

Renee Love this book.

Tucker Disliked the book and movie.

message 10: by Sue (last edited Sep 14, 2011 04:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue The book was okay but my favorites of Roald Dahl are "The Witches" and "Matilda"

Rachel Weighell My favourite book as a child, and the movie is absolutely brilliant in it's own way.

Hold_My_Heart (Rachel) Roxanne wrote: "great book...horrible movie"

The movie scares me. It's okay but it's at the very, very bottom of my favorite movies

message 13: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby Roxanne wrote: "great book...horrible movie"

the movie is ok but i liked the book better.

Kelly Robson The movie wasn't all that great but loved the book

Catherine Roxanne wrote: "great book...horrible movie"

I LOVED the book AND the movie! They were great!

Erick San Miguel I enjoyed both the movie and the book. I think you have to take each one as a separate entity since the movie adaptions of books are always different from what was actually written. There is never really any comaprison between the two.

Mister_red Roald Dahl was and is such an amazing author. James and the Giant Peach is a testament to his genius in writing books. Truly he is one of the greatest childrens authors of all time, and shall always be remembered.

message 18: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate I have always loved Roald Dahl. So I loved this book . Then when the movie came out it ruined the whole thing.

message 19: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani My 6 year old daughter and I are on a Roald Dahl reading spree. We read James and the Giant Peach, just finished The BFG, and are now on to Matilda. We rented James and the Giant Peach and had to turn it off because it was TERRIBLE!!! The book was way better and the movie did not do it justice. Completely disappointed, but the book is always better :)

Micki Lou I have to say that I loved the film, Joanna Lumley as one of James' aunts was a stroke of genius. The book is 1 of the first Dahl's I read as a child and its a fantastic story. Full of magic, travel and a young boy making friends with insects, talk about allowing the child reading to use their imagination to the full and coming up with their own vision as to what the look of the story would be. Love, love, love this book.x

Cotton Candy The book is veryyyyyyyyy amazing!!!!!!! The movies not so great…..:)

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

James and the Giant Peach (other topics)