CBC Books discussion

Friday Reads > Friday Reads for Sept 9th, 2011

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

VWrulesChick | 1804 comments Wishing you a happy Friday to all the CBC Books members (and lurkers out there). Hope the sun is shining where you are at and that you enjoy your up and coming weekend (hopefully not working too hard).

I have been reading The Long Hello the Other Side of Alzheimer's by Cathie Borrie The Long Hello the Other Side of Alzheimer's by Cathie Borrie. And hope to get into The Help by Kathryn Stockett The Help by Kathryn Stockett so my girlfriends and I can catch this movie a little later this month.

What have you been reading this week?

Jennifer D (DawsonOakes) | 2191 comments Today, I finished reading:

Various Positions by Martha Schabas by Martha Schabas

Petra | 396 comments I'm reading The Odyssey and The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer this week. Both are really good.
When I'm in the car, I'm listening to Dracula: The Undead, which I do not recommend.

VWrulesChick | 1804 comments Jennifer wrote: "Today, I finished reading:

Various Positions by Martha Schabas by Martha Schabas"

Kewl cover

Autumn The Family Fang
I think someone recommended this to me on here...it's really clever, I always enjoy a clever "angle."

Jennifer D (DawsonOakes) | 2191 comments VWrulesChick wrote: "Kewl cover"

It really is a cool cover, I think it is stunning.

Jennifer D (DawsonOakes) | 2191 comments Petra wrote: "I'm reading The Odyssey and The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer this week. Both are really good.
When I'm in the car, I'm listening to [book:Dracula: T..."

I am always so impressed with your multi-book-ings, Petra! I just don't have the focus to manage more than one book at a time...successfully. :D

Dona Matthews | 2 comments i'm finally reading and totally loving antonia byatt's 'possession' -- easy to see why it won the booker! quirky smart characters, a bunch of twisty plots, lots of erudition brought in casually, a pleasure!

Jennifer D (DawsonOakes) | 2191 comments Dona wrote: "i'm finally reading and totally loving antonia byatt's 'possession' -- easy to see why it won the booker! quirky smart characters, a bunch of twisty plots, lots of erudition brought in casually, a ..."

Oh, Dona!! What a wonderful book. I hope you continue to love it!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Long Hello (other topics)
The Help (other topics)
Various Positions (other topics)
The Emperor of All Maladies (other topics)
The Odyssey (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Martha Schabas (other topics)