*~Can't Stop Reading~* discussion

LightMasters: Number 13
This topic is about LightMasters
Advertise > LIGHTMASTERS - Fantasy Adventure

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.G. (last edited Jan 17, 2012 07:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.G. WELLS (goodreadscomMGWells) | 7 comments A bit about LIGHTMASTERS: Number 13:

Jessica is a smart, bold courageous teen who discovers she has amazing powers on her 13th birthday. After her parents’ sudden death, Jessica is stuck living with her weird, gassy grandparents in a small town in upstate New York.

Constantly bullied by her harsh schoolmates, this Georgia girl feels like a total loser and outcast. Angry about being forgotten on her 13th birthday Jessica is lured into the forest by a strange spiral light. In the woods she encounters three magical beings, who call themselves Lightmasters. The leader, Dragateen, tells Jessica she has special powers.

Intrigued, she agrees to be transported to another dimension where she is tested for her courage, strength and ability to overcome intense obstacles. Life changes drastically when Jessica returns to earth.

During school the next day, her reality shifts and people start turning into repulsive, reptilian monsters. Course, it doesn’t help that it’s Halloween, which makes it even more bizarre. Dragateen explains to Jessica she's needed by the Lightmaster alliance to defeat an invisible alien beast, who feeds off fear.

Follow Jessica on a wild adventure as she learns to empower her mind, conquer her own fears and help rid the world of a wicked alien enemy who hates humans.

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) hello and its very nice to meet you...I am glad that you have posted your book in our group!!!

message 3: by M.G. (last edited Jan 17, 2012 06:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.G. WELLS (goodreadscomMGWells) | 7 comments Thanks so much. It's nice to meet you too.

Enjoy the Journey,

MG Wells
LightMasters: Number 13

Tahanya | 8 comments Hi MG, I have your book on my to read list and look forward to reading it. I hope the group considers a group read. I've read so many of the books that are listed in the groups, which seems very repetitive. Best to you.

HB Jones (HBJones) | 4 comments My family and I are sharing this read and so far, we are impressed with the unique story.

message 6: by Demi (last edited Jan 22, 2012 06:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Demi (DemiM) | 5 comments Yes, I will be starting LightMasters shortly. Would also like to see it as a group read.

Kevin  (KevinJ) | 2 comments Getting close.

DJ  (DJCummings) | 3 comments Tahanya wrote: "Hi MG, I have your book on my to read list and look forward to reading it. I hope the group considers a group read. I've read so many of the books that are listed in the groups, which seems very re..."

Ditto.

RedMum A brilliant book. I do hope you write another soon. Cheers!

Toni (ToniBB) | 4 comments I truly enjoyed this book. It was a fast, easy read with lots of interesting themes, characters and a unique story. There were lots of intellectual and spiritual elements that I don't find in many young adult books, and I appreciated the diversity. The story surprised me and kept my interest from beginning to end. It seems the author left this book wide open for a sequel, and I look forward to a second book.

HB Jones (HBJones) | 4 comments My family and I truly enjoyed LightMasters, especially my daughter. Since she's around Jessica's age, she very much related to her. It was one weird, wild ride. Jessica's grandparents were hilarious as well. The author took the time to create a unique story with an array of interesting, in-depth characters--even the ones that were only featured for a short time. The story was unique, easy to follow and filled with lots of action and adventure and realistic dialogue. As a parent, I was pleased it was not filled with profanity, sex or extreme violence. I do hope the author does a few more LightMasters books.

Kevin  (KevinJ) | 2 comments I really liked this book. It was easy to read and was a lot of fun for me. Like Jana said it's a book for younger readers. This book would make a great movie.

Lindsay | 1 comments I loved LIGHTMASTERS. It was filled with lots of adventure, humor, action, fantasy and great characters. It kept my interest from beginning to end. The message of the book was refreshing. Choose LOVE over HATE. I truly hope M.G. writes a sequel. One of the most fascinating books I've read this year. Also, the fact that it is a complete independent book impressed me.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

LIGHTMASTERS: Number 13 (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

M.G. Wells (other topics)