readers from the east discussion

Bossypants
This topic is about Bossypants
June 2011: Bossypants

Comments (showing 1-2 of 2) (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mimi (last edited Sep 08, 2011 09:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi | 29 comments Bossypants operates on several levels (that I was able to identify, but there may be more that need to be pointed out to me) which would appeal to a wide audience. Tina Fey's book tells the quirky events that have shaped her while providing humorous social commentary. Quite a feat! I found her book thoroughly enjoyable, and was surprised at what an easy read it was while not covering fluffy content. She touches lightly on various topics like unrequited crushes, being a woman in a male dominated workplace, career pressure, and being a mom without coming accross as a know-it-all.

Stephanie | 31 comments Mod
I picked up the book at 6pm at the library yesterday and finished it this morning on the metro. I was crossing the street reading the book with people cursing at me and pointing fingers. I LOVED this book. It’s one of those few books that made me laugh out loud. There’s something about Tina (yea, I’ll probably start calling her by her first name, since we’re best friends at heart) that is so endearing. Maybe because she knows how to relate to people, despite her fame. Maybe it’s her humble nature and her unique way of deliverance, with multiple thoughts in a sentence, so that you feel very productive reading it. Or maybe it’s just plain hilarious. It was a very enjoyable read for me and I’ve been doing some extensive google searches on “Tina Fey, Tina Fey Husband, Tina Fey Family, etc.” this morning.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bossypants (other topics)