Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Recommendations > Tween books?

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clare (last edited Sep 07, 2011 01:38PM) (new)

Clare (Clare9988) | 88 comments If you know of any good books for tweens please thell me. I am 10 (going to be 11 in 7 days) and need another book to read. Currently I am reading Pretties if that helps any.

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare (Clare9988) | 88 comments Thanks Natalie! I've read Eleven, Harry Potter, and the Lightniing Thief. I have The City of Ember but have never gotten around to reading it.

message 4: by natalie (new)

natalie | 5047 comments You should!

message 5: by Maranda (new)

Maranda Russell Anything by Madeleine L'Engle, Judy Blume or Sonya Sones. Also, have to offer my latest ebook, 'In Memory of Dad' which is geared for kids age 8-14. It's a short book, but has gotten great reviews. Only 99 cents a download too :)

message 6: by Clare (new)

Clare (Clare9988) | 88 comments I have read a lot of Judy Blume books and liked them.

message 7: by (new)

★  | 4410 comments Mod
Anything by Cornelia Funke (Dragon Rider, The Thief Lord, and Inkheart) are my favorites.

The Bad Beginning

message 8: by £mily (last edited Mar 02, 2012 08:25PM) (new)

£mily (3mily991) | 1107 comments Yeah it's hard getting books for Tweens, becausE a lot of YA books are inapropriate and a lot of children's books are too young. Maybe the Cathy Cassidy books? And the ink heart series is great. And the his dark materials series, and all books by Wendy mass. Oh and series of unfortunate events.
Hope that helps
Emily

message 9: by Kam (new)

Kam (IamWhoWhoareyou) | 924 comments the first four books of the Maximum Ride series(The Angel Experiment is the the first) were really good, but the last few, starting with Max, are more geared towards romance, but still over-all appropriate.

message 10: by Clare (new)

Clare Havens (Clare_Havens) | 15 comments Inkheart by Cornelia Funke is fast becoming one of my favorites! Also, Tom's Midnight Garden by Philippa Pearce, The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge and Toby Alone by Timothee de Fombelle.

message 11: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay My girls & I are liking this book by an new author. It's very clean and appropriate for tweens. Good luck!

LightMasters Number 13 by M.G. Wells

M.G. Wells

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

huger games

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Tiger's Curse Tiger's Quest Tiger's Voyage I read these not long ago and found them really good. It's like a love triangle about two tiger shapeshifters who have this crazy curse. Kelsey, some Oregon chick comes in to help them, ends up falling in love with them and journey all though the magical depths of India together. Trust me it's REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY ... you get it ... good!

message 14: by Kam (new)

Kam (IamWhoWhoareyou) | 924 comments Try Magyk. Super clean, first book i've read in a while that has almost NO romance! its refreshing.

message 17: by Kal G (new)

Kal G Graceling?

message 18: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Series by Michael Scott

message 19: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Quiñones (BenjaminShepherdQuinones) | 7 comments I think you'd like The Gene Pull! It's an affirming and uplifting story of a gay teen who refuses to give into the bullies at school or the aliens who want to abduct him once he develops superpowers.
The Gene Pull by Benjamin Shepherd Quiñones

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma Winter | 4 comments Gallagher girl books by Ally Carter I love these books and every tween or teen I know who has read this book loved it and what's cool about it is its mature enough to entertain Tweens but very appropriate

message 21: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 411 comments evermore, city of bones, poison apple books ..... the first to are ya but poison apple series is good for tweens

message 22: by J.t. (new)

J.t. | 11 comments The Selection by Kiera Cass is a quick fun read you should try

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Disney after Dark (other topics)
Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree (other topics)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (other topics)
The Lightning Thief (other topics)
Eleven (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Cornelia Funke (other topics)
M.G. Wells (other topics)