Dreamspinner Press discussion

New releases > Under the Skin by Nicki Bennett and Ariel Tachna

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (Dreamspinnerpress) | 2483 comments Mod
Can Patrick and Alexei find a way free of the Russian mob before their association kills one or both of them? Under the Skin by Nicki Bennett and Ariel Tachna, available from Dreamspinner Press.

Police detective Patrick Flaherty has no illusions about Russian mobster Alexei Boczar, but that doesn’t stop his fascination with the bodyguard to one of the most ruthless families in Chicago’s growing Eastern European crime community. From the moment Patrick meets Alexei’s eyes over the body of another Russian mobster, Alexei is a thorn in Patrick’s side, refusing to cooperate with the police and turning all of Patrick’s questions back on him. Alexei’s hard-as-nails persona whets Patrick’s professional determination to get the information he’s sure the gangster is hiding, while personally Patrick just wants to get his hands on Alexei’s hard body.

The tattoos marking Alexei’s skin tell the story of his criminal past, but the more Patrick learns about Alexei, the more he wants to know, until he finds himself over his head in a relationship that might cost him his job and could well cost Alexei his life. Alexei is equally fascinated by Patrick’s willingness to overlook his past and even his present associations, but he has secrets of his own that could drive a wedge between them forever.

Buy in eBook
Buy in print
Genre: Mystery/Suspense
Length: Novel

message 2: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 79 comments Well worth the time and $$. I loved this book. Love Alexi. He's tough on the outside and tough, in a much more fascinating way, on the inside. And Patrick is just sweet and angst and a stubborn bastard. I highly recommend this book!

message 3: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (arieltachna) | 81 comments Jaime wrote: "Well worth the time and $$. I loved this book. Love Alexi. He's tough on the outside and tough, in a much more fascinating way, on the inside. And Patrick is just sweet and angst and a stubborn bas..."

And here I thought Alexei was the stubborn bastard. Isn't that what Patrick always says?

message 4: by Jaime (new)

Jaime | 79 comments Yes, well, how hard did Alexi try to tell Patrick he was bad news and going to lose Patrick his job, at the very least, and Patrick wouldn't take no for an answer?

message 5: by ElaineY (new)

ElaineY | 73 comments I prepaid this last week and even when it was released, my book still wasn't on my bookshelf! I was so looking forward to reading which is why I prepaid, hoping that I'd get a few days early like the others.

Though I didn't, I was fine with that but surely DSP should let me have the book on the day it was released? If I had bought it then, I wouldn't have that problem...

...and could have read it instead of Book of Daniel which just meh for me.

message 6: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (arieltachna) | 81 comments ElaineY wrote: "I prepaid this last week and even when it was released, my book still wasn't on my bookshelf! I was so looking forward to reading which is why I prepaid, hoping that I'd get a few days early like t..."

E-mail customer service, Elaine. They can help if the problem isn't solved already.

unread topics | mark unread