Master of the Game Master of the Game discussion

wahaaa

Comments (showing 1-33 of 33) (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Meri1077 This book is soooo evil! I LOVED it!

Shana I own mistress of the game but haven't read it yet. Have been wondering if it's as good as the master....

message 3: by Belinda (new) - added it

Belinda Smith I HAVE READ THIS BOOS TWICE....deliciously wicked!!!

message 4: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy This book was intense and wicked ! A great read

REDD Kate Blackwell!!!

Slavica When I started reading this book I just could`t stop till i finished it....

Madhu I loved Master of the game!!!!!!!!!But Mistress of the game was not all that great.

Bookworm A typical Sheldon potboiler - except perhaps that this book is definitely better written than most of his other novels.

Pamela Believe it to be Sheldon's best book ever written. I've had my copy since the late 80's and it looks like it's been through the wringer as I've read it God knows how many times.

FYI: There was a tv-mini series made years ago starring Dyan Cannon as Kate Blackwell. Needless to say, it wasn't nearly as good as the book.

message 10: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Luković Loved it. Sheldon has a special place in my heart. I could recognise his style anywhere. There`s always a strong, determined and beautiful woman who is good in beginning, and than some kind of injustice happens to her and she becomes not evil, but hungry for revenge, mean and manipulative. Thay all sound the same, but they`re not. Every book has a different heroine and a different plot. I think the only Sheldon`s book that doesn`t fit this description is The master of the game. It`s one of my favourite books and I reccomend it to everyone.

Raisa If there was a book that's difficult to ignore, this is a good example. Kate is the epitome of manipulation. Unforgettable.

message 12: by Cintia (last edited Mar 22, 2012 03:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cintia I liked it... but haven read a lot of Sidney Sheldon books, I have to say it's not the best. I was a bit to much, like he used every tool available!

But I liked it, definitely not boring!

Rodney Likaku Shana wrote: "I own mistress of the game but haven't read it yet. Have been wondering if it's as good as the master...."

You find yourself wondering whether Tilly Bagshaw will deliver at the beginning of the sequel. She does honestly. She writes revenge, jealousy, sex like Sheldon- the maestro- did himself.

The problem for me is that in Mistress of the Game she (Tilly Bashawe) became more Sheldon than Sheldon himself. Overdoing some of the characters' emotions.
But it's worth it, if only to remind your taste buds of that Sidney Sheldon flavour

Farheen Dawn wrote: "One of the best books I've ever read and a top favourite- and I agree it's evil in a great way. Have you read the follow up-Mistress of the Game and if you have is it any good?"
Master of the game was my first Sidney novel and that's what got me hoked to this amazingly amazing author...Mistress of the game is pretty good...For some part, Tillly Bagshawe does convince you that its a sequel to a Sidney Sheldon book.

Farheen Cintia wrote: "I liked it... but haven read a lot of Sidney Sheldon books, I have to say it's not the best. I was a bit to much, like he used every tool available!

But I liked it, definitely not boring!"

Hey sorry but I'd like to disagree here...This was one of the most entertaining novels I've ever read and also one that encompasses all the generations beautifully!

Farheen Ana wrote: "Loved it. Sheldon has a special place in my heart. I could recognise his style anywhere. There`s always a strong, determined and beautiful woman who is good in beginning, and than some kind of inju..."
Hey you almost said all I wanted to say about my favorite author-Sidney Sheldon.

Shreya Kashyap Dawn wrote: "One of the best books I've ever read and a top favourite- and I agree it's evil in a great way. Have you read the follow up-Mistress of the Game and if you have is it any good?"
I haven't read the other book, but I was advised to keep away from THE MISTRESS OF THE GAME by an ardent Sidney Sheldon's fan.

piyush I happened to chance upon this book discussion and couldn't resist sharing my own experience.

I read this book quite a few years back,17 years to be precise, I was in my first year of graduation living in the college boys hostel. It was the time of the very first of our exams - the first semesters. Understandably, we are apprehensive and anxious.

The exams stretched over a period of about 15 days. Everyday ( or rather night, since nothing could induce us to take up study books during the day!!!) after having cajoled myself that i have crammed everything seemingly important ( and that whats left is definitely not appearing the next day in the paper), I would take up this novel, switch off all the room lights, open the door and only switch on my bedside small lamp, and start reading for about half an hour or so before lights off!

I don't exactly know what it was - the fact that it acted as a great stress buster or that the story itself was riveting or simply the reckless and foolhardy, and therefore immensely appealing, act of reading novel before exam night - but I thoroughly and vastly enjoyed reading this novel.

I wouldn't say this is the best novel I have read, but certainly the most enjoyable one ever!!!!!

Cheryl Ross I agree this is one of the best books I have read!! Have read it 2 times and will most likely read again sometime!

message 20: by Chanaka (last edited Nov 13, 2012 09:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chanaka Hettige Typical Sheldon book: Twist! Heart-Break! Desperation! Awesome flow!

And I love all of those characters!

message 21: by Oni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oni Great massive mad bad book!

message 22: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth There are two books that I reread over and over. (I love it when they are trying to take the diamonds! It gives me chills every time!) This one and If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon both are by Sidney Sheldon. That man really knew how to write women! Of course, they are sometimes horribly wicked, but you just can't not love them!!! I'm glad there are others that love this book as much as I do!!

Tonya I read this over twenty years ago. I remember I liked it a lot, but don't remember much. NOW, after this thread, I'm picking it up again this weekend!

Sedina I've finished reading this book for few days. Couldn't stop reading even while I was working,goin' by tram to home,or when I have to by somethin' at the store. Book is awesome! MARVELOUS!
Sidney knows how to present you any caratcer,and you can't hate no metter how much they're evil. I could readi this book again and again!

Raisa Have to agree with you.It is one crazy family and the characters are just awesome.

Aakanksha Jain Have read this book twice . It perfectly describes the malevolent nature within us . Sidney describes each characters perception and attitude in such a powerful way that you can't stop yourself from relating to one of them just to get into the plot ! The audacious attempt of writing something like this has again proven that Sidney is the best !

message 27: by R.M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

R.M. Green This is one of my favorite books by far... Sidney Sheldon at his best! :)

message 28: by Rena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rena Simply put, Sheldon is the Master of the Writing game. And, no one can top his narrative style and depth! My favorite book of all times!

Helena This was one of the best books I have ever read in my entire life!

Sukant Dawn wrote: "One of the best books I've ever read and a top favourite- and I agree it's evil in a great way. Have you read the follow up-Mistress of the Game and if you have is it any good?"

I agree with you. Its what you call a true Saga.
Great story telling with awesome story and great shock value. BTW, I have read the Mistress, but it does not live upto its hype. Just to say, its weaved in the same yarn but not the same fabric. After all, Master is the Master.

Sukant Hi all, Can any one suggest me any other book like this one...?

Sukant Slavica wrote: "When I started reading this book I just could`t stop till i finished it...."

I truly agree with you.

Sukant Shana wrote: "I own mistress of the game but haven't read it yet. Have been wondering if it's as good as the master...."

No..It isn't. Just in case if you wanna know more about the Blackwells, then only go for it. But do not expect much in terms of 'Shock and Awe' factor.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Master of the Game (other topics)
If Tomorrow Comes (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sidney Sheldon (other topics)