Love You Forever Love You Forever discussion

the book

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chase Bailey I love this book. its so loving and to a child a exceptional work of art!

Anna It's a moving message!! Especially when the boy is older and his mother can't come over so he comes over to her place and rocks her to sleep with the very same song.

Juliana I love this book.

Lori sweet enough story about a parent's love for a child. and a grown child being there for his parent. but did not get as into the book.

Angel I have two incredible uses for this book. I use it when doing presentations to families and caregivers who are caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's disease. The story shows circle of life.
And I use it as a gift for every baby shower or new baby birth that I go to. My own children remember me reading it to them, and now I read it to my own grandchildren.

Maureen My children's favorite bedtime story--guaranteed to make Mommy cry every time as he rocked her "back and forth". Also, my pastors favorite Mothers Day sermon.

Denise Mistich Did you know the same person (or people) wrote this?

Good Families Don'tGood Families Don't

It's actually very cute.

Brenda I have read many, many Robert Munsch books and for the most part have enjoyed them all. This one, however, is prabably one of my favorites. I have a hard time getting through it without crying. When I worked in a daycare I couldn't read it to the children. One of the other workers read it instead. The message is beautiful!

message 9: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam McGraw Every time my mom would try and read this book to me before bed, she would start sniffling and could never quite finish the book. I always wondered what happened at the end until I read it for myself when I was about 6.

Elizabeth I gave this book to my mother-in-law, who had never heard of it. It took 3 days before she stopped tearing up.

Husnah Naim One of the best picture books i've read! My children love it too :)

Hayley Linfield I will be the voice of dissent here. I do see the beauty of this book and the idea of unconditional forever-love (I have sons - I do get it), but I just can't get past the mother coming over to her son's house with the ladder. I just keep imagining my mother-in-law doing that, climbing up the side of my house and rocking my grown husband in her arms. I get that it's a metaphor, but really?

Reilly Hayley wrote: "I will be the voice of dissent here. I do see the beauty of this book and the idea of unconditional forever-love (I have sons - I do get it), but I just can't get past the mother coming over to he..."

In the literal sense, I would be horrified to find a mother in law rocking my husband. Gives a whole different meaning to Mommy's Boy.

I loved this book, and still do. My copy has crayon and markers all over it from my sister and myself growing up. We have offered to get our Mom a new one, but she is not interested!

message 14: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina Barlean It always makes me cry, but I love it so. It's a very special book for my son and me.

Brett Madson Hayley wrote: "I will be the voice of dissent here. I do see the beauty of this book and the idea of unconditional forever-love (I have sons - I do get it), but I just can't get past the mother coming over to he..."

Haha, I thought the same thing the first time I was reading it to my daughter. I hadn't read it since elementry school, and my first thought when I got to that part was "that's kinda creepy". But it is still one of my facorite books, and now my daughter enjoys it as much as I did, which makes me love it even more.

Rachel Gutting I love this book. I have given it as gifts and recommended it to others.

Patti Anna wrote: "It's a moving message!! Especially when the boy is older and his mother can't come over so he comes over to her place and rocks her to sleep with the very same song."

Anna wrote: "It's a moving message!! Especially when the boy is older and his mother can't come over so he comes over to her place and rocks her to sleep with the very same song."
I agree, that was my favorite part in the story. It truly shows a bond between a mother and her son. I have two boys and I read it to them all the time. They are 19 and 17 now and I still have the book

Patti Reilly wrote: "Hayley wrote: "I will be the voice of dissent here. I do see the beauty of this book and the idea of unconditional forever-love (I have sons - I do get it), but I just can't get past the mother co..."

I think this is where one can say the content is taken to literally. LOL.. I get what you are saying though and I am sure you see beyond the literal sense as well.

message 19: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah This book is so SWEET! It just makes you want to scream, "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this book...I have read it to my son since he was born and I cry like a baby every time I read it to him.

Krista (kk) I love this book....its very touching! The first time I picked it up, I expected it to be a cute book- the line I'd heard was "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always..."....so, I expected it to be a fun book about a parents love for their child. Little did I know it would be the circle of life type of book it ended up being.
Overall though, I loved it. I cry everytime I read it & I'm happy to see that it touches others just as deeply & I'm not just the insane woman who can't handle a childrens book....lol

Tricia Hayley wrote: "I will be the voice of dissent here. I do see the beauty of this book and the idea of unconditional forever-love (I have sons - I do get it), but I just can't get past the mother coming over to he..."
I agree with your comments above. This book gives me the creeps. I like the idea of teaching about unconditional forever-love but I think perhaps there is a better way to present it. There are so many wonderful books out there, including some by the same author I did not feel the need to keep this one my the shelf. Our bedtime ritual of selecting books is a lot of fun for both us, the two us both enjoy the books it makes for lots of giggles.

Caroline even tho i am a child i still think it is hart warming

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Love You Forever (other topics)
Good Families Don't (other topics)