The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP FALL 2011 > 20.3 Best Review - Amanda VA's task: Music Around the Fire

Comments (showing 5-54)    post a comment »

Lahni | 314 comments Ok thanks.

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Lahni wrote: "Could I use The curious incident of the dog in the night-time for "triple time" even though it's hyphenated?"

No, I don't think that works, sorry

Lahni | 314 comments Could I use The curious incident of the dog in the night-time for "triple time" even though it's hyphenated?

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Lisa- yes

Susan-yes

:)

Susan Storz | 416 comments Would "Skipping a Beat", count, as a "beat" can be a musical term?

Lisa (lbhick) | 540 comments Amanda, would you accept the word "ballad" as a musical term? I'd like to use the book The Ballad of Tom Dooley  A Novel (Appalachian Ballad) by Sharyn McCrumb The Ballad of Tom Dooley: A Novel

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 128 comments Thanks!

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Amanda- yes that works

Amanda A (carolinabookworm) | 128 comments Would Crescendo work for a musical term?

Terri UK (Territhemuse) | 155 comments Amanda wrote: "Terri UK wrote: "Would clapping work as a musical term? I was looking to fit this book in Little Hands Clapping."

You know, I wasn't going to accept it but then I did a quick You T..."

Cool, thanks, and thanks for the video link!

Jennifer W | 358 comments Great! Thanks!

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Jennifer- Yes indeedy
Mstan- Yes

mstan | 742 comments Hello Amanda, would the word 'notes' work? I am thinking of reading Notes on a Scandal.

Jennifer W | 358 comments Will you take Bel Canto? Wikipedia lists bel canto as an Italian style of opera singing, and one of the characters is, in fact, an Italian opera singer.

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Terri UK wrote: "Would clapping work as a musical term? I was looking to fit this book in Little Hands Clapping."

You know, I wasn't going to accept it but then I did a quick You Tube search and found this really impressive musical performance using nothing but claps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcFyl8...

So yeah, I'll take clapping.

Cindie Harp | 841 comments 5.2 I live in the US, and I read a book set in Iran: Rooftops of TehranMahbod Seraji is a *** Goodreads author ***

total points: 35
books read: 4
GR authors: 2
pages read: 1648
Tasks completed: 3

Terri UK (Territhemuse) | 155 comments Would clapping work as a musical term? I was looking to fit this book in Little Hands Clapping.

Paul (metshaft) | 96 comments yay, thanks.

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Paul wrote: "does the musical term have to appear on the list? I want to use a book with "bridge" in the title."

Bridge and jazz are both good

Paul (metshaft) | 96 comments ...or Jazz? Blue Like Jazz  Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller ?

Paul (metshaft) | 96 comments does the musical term have to appear on the list? I want to use a book with "bridge" in the title.

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments SuzieR wrote: "How about an unfinished violin?

The Auschwitz Violin by Maria ?ngels Anglada"

I'll take it

Terri (TerriSA-UK) | 216 comments How about an unfinished violin?

The Auschwitz Violin by Maria ?ngels Anglada

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Hettie wrote: "How about Second Term at Trebizon (Puffin Books) by Anne Digby for b"

Yep, that works

Hettie | 131 comments How about Second Term at Trebizon (Puffin Books) by Anne Digby for b

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Kathy G- Yes, music is fine
Liora-Yep
Laurie- I'll take it :)

Laurie Martin | 781 comments Is Stella Cameron's book - A Grave Mistake acceptable? (Grave is on the list)

Liora (chinquapin) Would The Bells: A Novel The Bells  A Novel by Richard Harvell work for a title with a musical instrument.

Kathy G. | 1648 comments Does the word music work? Musicology is on the list.

Loves Music, Loves to Dance by Mary Higgins Clark.

Thanks

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Katy wrote: "Does A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan work for part B?"

Yep

Katy | 309 comments Does A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan work for part B?

Randi (Randikins) | 256 comments Amanda wrote: "Meghan- yep!

Randi- plurals are cool, that works"

Thank you!

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Meghan- yep!

Randi- plurals are cool, that works

Randi (Randikins) | 256 comments Would The Nymphos of Rocky Flats work for Option A, the word "flat"? Just want to make sure. :) Thanks!

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments I think I will use Lock and Key for KEY?

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Amanda B. wrote: "Nevermind I think I'll plug in The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope #2) by Scott Mariani for option B instead."

You could use THE CHAMBER for "chamber music" if you want to. You can use any specific word in a musical phrase (except the articles).

Amanda B. | 115 comments Nevermind I think I'll plug in The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope #2) by Scott Mariani for option B instead.

Amanda B. | 115 comments This might be stretching it but what about The Chamber using the glossery term "Chamber Music"

Fran | 702 comments Amanda wrote: "Fran wrote: "Does Lips Touch: Three Times work for "time"?"

Yep"

great, thanks!

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Fran wrote: "Does Lips Touch: Three Times work for "time"?"

Yep

Fran | 702 comments Does Lips Touch: Three Times work for "time"?

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Rosemary wrote: "The word "and" appears in "Relative major and minor" but I'm guessing that doesn't count...?"

Hah, no, that doesn't count :)

Rosemary | 536 comments The word "and" appears in "Relative major and minor" but I'm guessing that doesn't count...?

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Gayla wrote: "Will My New American Life  A Novel by Francine Prose work for option B?"

Yep

Gayla Bassham (Sophronisba) | 634 comments Will My New American Life  A Novel by Francine Prose work for option B?

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Christine US wrote: "Would a partial instrument work?The Musician's Daughter by Susanne Dunlap

I'd say that's about 3/4 of the violin"

Yes, that's fine

Christine US (ChristineUS) | 530 comments Would a partial instrument work? The Musician's Daughter by Susanne Dunlap

I'd say that's about 3/4 of the violin

Lahni | 314 comments Thanks!

Amanda Nelson | 425 comments Lahni wrote: "So I could use Love in the Time of Cholera for the musical phrase triple time?

BTW I love this task!"

Yes, that works!

Lahni | 314 comments So I could use Love in the Time of Cholera for the musical phrase triple time?

BTW I love this task!

« previous 1
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Air Guitar (other topics)
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother (other topics)
Song of Solomon (other topics)
Fender Benders (other topics)
Shoot the Piano Player (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mahbod Seraji (other topics)