Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) Between the Lines discussion

The unexpected ending

Comments (showing 1-30 of 30) (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olamide (new) - added it

Olamide Is it only me that finds the ending messed up ...how can emma now fall for graham who certainly has a kid??? I think emma and reid are the perfect couple even though he messed up

Martha Olamide I completly agree..Will be interesting to see where she goes with the sequel.

Rubi thanks god, it has another sequel.. coz i really dont like the ending... much better if emma ends up with reid alexander..

H.Lee Awww, I am glad that Emma ended up with Graham...he is sweet and who knows if Reid really would have stayed with Emma anyway. Graham seemed to be more stable. I liked him from the beginning

Tasha I like that Emma went with Graham, and Reid was not reduced to an "expection to the rule" character. There are so many different angles to take his character. I liked Reid and I am excited to see him mature. I hope he does it own his own and not because he is changing for someone else. I hope Emma and Graham stay together in book 2.

message 6: by Jennifer (last edited Oct 27, 2011 11:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer WHAT?! The ending was perfect! I wanted Emma and Graham from the beginning. Reid was a total D-BAG! I hated him! He was interesting to read about but he was never really into Emma for the right reasons. He just always got what he wanted. I was happy Emma realized she wanted a better guy. I was hoping and kind of expecting this ending. I never thought she would end up with Reid especially after all the cheating.

H.Lee I agree with you Jennifer, Reid never knew what he wanted and I loved Graham from the beginning

Michele Reid was definitely not worth her time, which the author takes pains to show all the way through the book. Emma and Graham have WAAAAAY more in common. I feel sorry for Reid, but feeling sorry for someone shouldn't mean you should be in a relationship with them. I liked that Emma got together with Graham, but I thought the ending was a bit abrupt. Of course, it is because of the sequel, but...I would have liked to see a little more of the two of them together.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Reid is not right for Emma. He will grow and change and fall in love with a girl who is better for him in the next book.

What's wrong with Graham having a child, or for wanting to protect his child from the media? Most single parents don't introduce to their children to every person they're dating unless they think it's going to become serious.

Halyna I've created the quiz on ''Between the lines'' today. Take it, if you want.
Graham is wonderful, with or without a child. Reid is also fabulous, but not for Emma.

Lily I loved the end actually and i was hoping that emma will end up with graham he is such a great guy beautiful lovable in the most mysterious way ever i juste loved his Role and the kid thing made me almost cry ='( They are perfect together reid is more brook ... i dont really like him he is fabulous in a way with his sweet words but not for emma :) . But That's just my opinion

Halyna Lilymon wrote: "I loved the end actually and i was hoping that emma will end up with graham he is such a great guy beautiful lovable in the most mysterious way ever i juste loved his Role and the kid thing made me..."

Your opinion is absolutely right!

Lily Thank you Halyna :)

Halyna :-))))) It's always good to know, that someone shares your opinion!

Lily :) same here. have you read the second one yet ?? Beautiful it was beyond my expectations :D Just Marvelous

Halyna Yes, I've read it and I agree - the second book is gorgeous!

Catarina I say Reid wasn't worth Emma's time. He was an awsome character but it was obvious that it would never work. He talked about how he was awsome for not datin anot, he would have hurt her sooner or later.
Graham was definitely thright one for her. You could tell he honestly cared for her. And he was totally hott. So what, he has a child. One mistake should not make him unworthy of Emma (Reid has a child also). I'm for Graham all the way. And the second book makes me love him even more!!!!

message 18: by Hm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hm Between the lines is good. Reid is immature and reckless for his own good that made Graham the right one for Emma. I love Graham in this book, so mature and in control, and it made me love him more in Where you are. Though it made me hate Brooke more! =) But in the third book, Good for you, it really made me fall for Reid. Awesome twists and turns of the story. It really takes the right girl to change a bad boy. =)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I've already read all 3 books so I'm going to spoiler tag this just in case...

(view spoiler)

message 20: by M. (last edited Jun 04, 2012 06:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Heather from NightlyReading wrote: "I agree with you Jennifer, Reid never knew what he wanted and I loved Graham from the beginning"

Totally agree with you ladies! Reid didn't want Emma for the right reasons. Graham was totally perfect for her.
I didn't hate Reid at all, I liked his character but he wasn't right for Emma. I even didn't hate him in Where you are (but I certainly hated Brooke). I just finished reading Good for you and it was a perfect ending for his story.
And by the way, I didn't think the ending was unexpected at all. Graham was clearly the obvious love interest in Between the Lines even though he didn't have a POV.

message 21: by Abrianna (last edited Sep 03, 2012 01:36PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abrianna I loved Graham from the very begining and knew that Reid was wrong for her from the begining. I was rooting for Emma and Graham and was so glad they got their perfect ending in where you are. For me the ending was completly expected.

message 22: by Dana (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dana The whole story portrayed Reid's lack of parenting and his emotional disregard to women led off of a bad past. When Emma came in to the picture, he started changing, but he couldn't get a sense of how he SHOULD be to someone he loves, so he resorted to how he always had. Still rooting for Reid and here's to hopeful thinking about the next books in the series!

RelentlessBookChic Ramblings & Reviews I read all of them so I guess I would be a spoiler to comment but in regards to this book in particular, I completely agreed with the ending and was so glad to see her end up with Graham. Reid was cheating the whole time and was never truly into her.

message 24: by Jess (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jess I loved that Emma and Graham end up together. I loved the second book. I hated the first book (Between the Lines). And I'm not reading the third one because it has nothing to do with this couple. I could care less about Reid. If you're going to write a book about a couple... write their story... don't talk about everyone else but them. My opinion. Don't hate on me... I'm just left hanging thinking about how great the romance would be between those two characters and then it just ends!

Sabriena I didn't see the point in having Reid's POV in the book if he wasn't even the one to end up or have a chance with Emma. I did like Graham though and it was a twist at the end so it was nice. However, it didn't make me run out and read the second book because I haven't done it yet. It just put me off really.

Sheri (Tangled Up In Books) Everyone who says they thought Reid and Emma should have ended up together hasn't read the entire series yet... Though I didn't feel that way at the end of the first book either, I was definitely not a Reid fan. I absolutely love this series and once you read the 2nd one you will, if you're human xD, have a totally different opinion. Graham and Emma are perfect <3

Sheri (Tangled Up In Books) Jess wrote: "I loved that Emma and Graham end up together. I loved the second book. I hated the first book (Between the Lines). And I'm not reading the third one because it has nothing to do with this couple..."

Honestly I very much hated Reid by the end of the second book. And I honestly feel that, yes, The Graham and Emma story was great and wasn't at all wanting to hear anything else about anyone else..least of all Reid. But you know what I gave book 3 a shot. I'm not going to give anything away but I am such a huge Reid fan. I hope everyone gives him a chance to redeem himself :) It really was a great story!

Sabriena Maybe i'll give the rest of the series a shot sometime then haha

Emily I'm glad Emma and Graham ended up together. I didn't like Emma with Reid. I think he just wanted to have sex with her while Graham actually cared about her. I was not expecting him to have a daughter. That was a shock. I'm looking forward to reading the rest if the series.

message 30: by Olamide (new) - added it

Olamide Thank you ladies for different comments and opinions. It was nice to have a nice conversation and discover a common ground! ☺️☺️☺️

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Between the Lines (other topics)