Indie Book Club discussion

Writer's Corner > About the Writer's Corner

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
Hello everyone,

This folder is a place to ask your fellow authors any questions you may have about formatting, editing, reviews, etc...

Just start a new topic with your questions and hopefully someone will have a helpful answer.

message 2: by M.R. (last edited Jun 07, 2012 12:35PM) (new)

M.R. Jenks (mjenks6) | 74 comments I have 2 questions, fellow Goodreaders:

1. I am one of those Kindle-onians who does not have an ISBN as yet. Therefore a Search when adding my book called up nothing. I manually added it, BUT no matter what I do I am unable to get the cover image to copy over to my Goodreads page from Amazon (or my desktop). What is the procedure for doing this? Any suggestions?

2. Being new at this social media "thing", I mistakenly 5 starred my own book! Now I know I'm not supposed to do that, but no matter what I do, I can't remove my own rating; the lowest I can bring it to is one star, and I certainly don't want to do that! Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!

message 3: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (last edited Jun 07, 2012 01:45PM) (new)

Jeffrey Poole (Jaymikal) | 2287 comments Mod
Remove your book from your library. It'll remove your rating for it, too. I did that accidentally to one of my own books before, too.

Then re-add it.

Big J

M.R. Jenks (mjenks6) | 74 comments Jeffrey, will I lose my 5 Star rating if I do that? Someone else gave me a 5 star as well.

J.D. Hallowell | 245 comments M.R. wrote: "Jeffrey, will I lose my 5 Star rating if I do that? Someone else gave me a 5 star as well."

I just did this, and you only lose the one rating you mistakenly gave. Only delete the book from youir shelves, don't delete it from the site!

Christopher Bunn | 40 comments Not sure if this is the right spot for this (Scott, please move or advise, otherwise), however...

I'm doing a few indie fantasy author interviews on my website. Please get in touch with me if you're interested. Couple parameters: I won't read your book as part of the interview process. I focus my interviews more on who the writer is as a person. I tend to ask questions about personal philosophy, motivation as a writer, world-view, etc. Please, no erotica fantasy writers. I can get a little crazy with how I introduce authors in the interview process, so you must have a certain amount of humor to be involved.

unread topics | mark unread