The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo discussion

Nordic Noir Group

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee If anyone is interested in reading more books in this genre by many other authors, come and check out our Nordic Noir group - http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/5...

Catherine yeah...this series was quite thrilling! there is a book I heave read called Between Summer's Longing and Winter's End. can't remember the author off the top of my head, but that one was quite good as well.

Hayley Stewart This series has definitely opened me up to reading more of this genre - have 6 Jo Nesbo books waiting for em once I'm done with my current book.

Barbara Catherine wrote: "yeah...this series was quite thrilling! there is a book I heave read called Between Summer's Longing and Winter's End. can't remember the author off the top of my head, but that one was quite goo..."

Yes, I read that one, Between Summer's Longing and Winter's End. It was quite good and similar in style to Larsson's. Larsson's are a bit more fast paced. Can wait for the movie, Dragon Tattoo!

Catherine Barbara wrote: "Catherine wrote: "yeah...this series was quite thrilling! there is a book I heave read called Between Summer's Longing and Winter's End. can't remember the author off the top of my head, but that..."

the movie version already came out for all 3! it is in Swedish...of course... I haven't seen any of them, but I heard they were good.

Barbara Catherine wrote: "Barbara wrote: "Catherine wrote: "yeah...this series was quite thrilling! there is a book I heave read called Between Summer's Longing and Winter's End. can't remember the author off the top of m..."

Yes, read about the Swedish version. I did see the trailer for the English one and it looks pretty awesome. Gotta wait until Xmas, though.

Catherine Barbara wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Barbara wrote: "Catherine wrote: "yeah...this series was quite thrilling! there is a book I heave read called Between Summer's Longing and Winter's End. can't remember the autho..."

they are making the films again? I never heard that! I agree...Between Summer's Longing and Winter's End was similar in style...but not as fast paced. it took me while to get through...mostly because the story was a bit confusing in spots, and the author was very long-winded. I didn't like the slow pace of the story so much, but I was intriguied by the subject.

Richard Jar City - not sure if it was a book but if you fancy a nordic noir movie Jar City is quite brilliant

Annette Radcliff i guess i will have to see if the english version will do it any justice.

Claudine I saw the Swedish versions. Very much true to the book and Noomi Rapace who plays Lisbeth Salander was brilliant.

Barbara Catherine wrote: "Barbara wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Barbara wrote: "Catherine wrote: "yeah...this series was quite thrilling! there is a book I heave read called Between Summer's Longing and Winter's End. can't re..."

You are exactly right about Summer's Longing. I kept getting some of the characters mixed up, plus some didn't really HAVE names! I skipped lots of the long winded sections. Did love the subject - it hooked me right in!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (other topics)