Goodreads Feedback discussion

Announcements > Goodreads app for NOOK Color - August 2011, 1.6.1 Update

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (last edited Aug 27, 2011 09:30AM) (new)

Robert (lathanh) | 24 comments Mod
Dear Goodreads for NOOK Color users,

First of all, thank you for your patience; you've been asked to wait quite some time for the next version of our Goodreads for NOOK Color app. We were eager to get it to you after fixing some major issues. Unfortunately, we ran into some complications when we tried to deliver it to you, and the app would no longer work if you tried to update it. So, we've had to make our latest update available as a new app in the NOOK Color Apps shop.

Our working and updated app is now available in the apps shop. Before you get it, please archive the version you have -- whether or not you've tried to update the app -- by following these steps:

1. On the 'apps' screen of your NOOK Color, press and hold on the Goodreads app icon. This should bring up a menu.

2. Tap "Archive". The Goodreads app should no longer be in your apps list.

Now, you can get the new Goodreads app the same way you got our app the first time -- just search for "Goodreads" in the Apps shop.

If you downloaded the new one before archiving the old one and now have two Goodreads apps:
If you don't know which is the old one and which is the new one, here's how you can see an app's version:

1. On the 'apps' screen of your NOOK Color, press and hold on the app's icon. This should bring up a menu.

2. Tap "View Details". The version is up at the top-left, just below "Goodreads".
      Our old one is 1.4 or 1.5, while the new one is 1.6.1+.

Mark (keklar) | 6 comments The icon disappears from the Home screen of the Nook after use. I have to keep re-adding it if I want it easily accessible from my home screen. Please fix?

Montrichard Family (themontrichardfamily) | 3 comments Just started using the Android Goodreads App a few days ago, I've already reached my scan history limit but it's not letting me access the history. Keeps telling me A problem occurred while doing that and that goodreads may be unavailabled. But I'm on goodreads so that doesn't make any sense. I can't continue scanning until I clear it, (assuming clearing it doesn't clear them off my shelves?) What should I do?

message 4: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Montrichard wrote: "Just started using the Android Goodreads App a few days ago, I've already reached my scan history limit but it's not letting me access the history. Keeps telling me A problem occurred while doing ..."

You're using the Nook Color, correct? If so, you might try deleting the app, then re-installing it. Let me know if you need any help with that.

Montrichard Family (themontrichardfamily) | 3 comments I'm using an HTC Sensation. :/ But actually I found that just by logging out and logging back in it wiped my scan history and I was able to continue scanning! Don't know if it's supposed to work like that but thank goodness for that automatic shelving!

message 6: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Montrichard wrote: "I'm using an HTC Sensation. :/ But actually I found that just by logging out and logging back in it wiped my scan history and I was able to continue scanning! Don't know if it's supposed to work l..."

Oh, great! I assumed you were using a Nook Color because of the thread title :)

Montrichard Family (themontrichardfamily) | 3 comments Oh, whoops! My hunt for "mobile help" in goodreads landed me here, I failed to read the title of the thread itself. My bad ^_^; Sorry. I can delete those if you want.

message 8: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
No worries! Just glad it all worked out. You don't have to delete anything.

unread topics | mark unread