Rated YA-MA discussion

Science Fiction > Chemical Garden series by Lauren DeStefano

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (last edited Dec 07, 2012 02:11PM) (new)

message 2: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 4925 comments I had mixed feelings about Wither. I would like it, then I would dislike it, then would fall back onto the like side.

There is a twisted part of me that has a fascination with polygamy, so when I saw that the book was going to be about polygamy, I was hoping to get a lot of that story and actually didn't care as much about the dystopia aspect for once. It was there, but a lot of the book revolved around her imprisonment in general.

I'll be checking out the second book and if it's a little bit better, I'll continue on with the series. If not, I may let this one go.

message 3: by Maree (new)

Maree | 219 comments I really liked the story and world, so I'll definitely be checking out the second one. I did have some issues with the first, but I enjoyed it enough that I was able to put that aside for the most part. We'll see what happens with the next.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  D. I read Wither and agree with the back and forth of liking it, then not. It dragged on a bit too long for me. I'm not sure if I am intrigued enough to read further into the series...

message 5: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 4925 comments This new trailer has me a bit confused. It's like a strange drug trip.

Trailer for Fever

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (LYZZIBUG) | 137 comments Ha, it did look like that. I think I'll start Wither next and see how I like it.

message 7: by Carie (new)

Carie Earley | 11 comments Starting Wither today!

message 8: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 4925 comments You'll have to let us know what you thought of it. :)

message 9: by Carie (new)

Carie Earley | 11 comments Finished Wither! I liked the story and all the characters. I can see how our drive to cure all illnesses could lead to a world like this. I'm going to miss Linden. Cant wait to see what happens with Rhine and Gabriel next. Starting Fever today!

message 10: by Maree (new)

Maree | 219 comments Lol, be prepared to wait after that!

message 11: by Carie (new)

Carie Earley | 11 comments Finished Fever!!!!! Geez! What an ending! When does the next one come out?

message 12: by Maree (new)

Maree | 219 comments February 12, 2013? That's actually not too bad of a wait now. It was worse in March when I read it and it was almost a year long wait.

message 13: by Jenny, puppets' bane (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 1884 comments I never did read Fever. I need to!

message 14: by Jean (new)

Jean (elchocobo) | 152 comments Fever really upset me. This probably had a lot to do with the fact that I was reading it in the hospital right before my gran passed away. It made a really sad book even sadder. Don't even asked me why I thought this book was a good idea at the time. I still don't know what I was thinking.

Like Stacia, I go back and forth with myself on whether or not I enjoy the series. I feel like there are a lot of missing pieces. Things that just don't.. fit, if that makes sense.

message 15: by Maree (new)

Maree | 219 comments I loved the first book and expected too much out of the second. The second wasn't bad, it just was more of a sideshow circus when I was thinking we'd be exploring more of the world. I'm interested to see where the third one goes.

message 16: by N.B. (new)

N.B. Dixon I'm just about to start the first one. I have high hopes for it.

message 17: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 4925 comments *bump*

message 18: by Casey (new)

Casey Anderson | 428 comments Oh...I totally looked for this the other day and missed it! Ok...will be back to add more soon.

message 19: by Casey (new)

Casey Anderson | 428 comments Ok, I read the 1st book, and liked and disliked it just like the rest of you.
There were some frustrating things (view spoiler)
Also, I wanted to learn more about the estate, the history. What is Housemaster Vaughn really doing? Obviously I reading the next one...hoping for some answers but also cause it does hook you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fever (other topics)
Sever (other topics)
Wither (other topics)
The Seeds of Wither (other topics)