Rated YA-MA discussion

Other Books & Comics > Manga & Graphic Novels

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (last edited Jan 03, 2013 02:28PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 5146 comments Talk about any Manga or graphic novels that you're reading in this topic.

message 2: by Temple Rose (last edited Oct 19, 2011 05:05PM) (new)

Temple Rose (Whowantstoknow) | 5 comments im a big fan of Manga ever since a firend of mine introduced this series to me called 'Vampire Knight' i was hooked. Now im currently reading James Pattersons and Nare Lee's Manga series 'Maximuim Ride' so good and i guess what i like about them and Manga in general is the visual you get of the characters and secnes your reading about.

Go Manga!!

message 3: by Ciri (new)

Ciri (cirilla) | 49 comments Vampire Knight is legit. The art for the first few volumes is cringe-worthy though.

message 4: by Temple Rose (new)

Temple Rose (Whowantstoknow) | 5 comments i cant fault it because it was the first Manga series i had ever read and now thesday when i see graphic novels of books i've read i have to see them to know if they're just as good.

Stacie ~ done hibernating (Stack-i-e) | 299 comments I follow One Piece, a pirate manga! It's my favorite all the I do read others. I started Vampire Knight but never really got into it

message 6: by Evangeline (new)

Evangeline Blackthorn (Moonstar99) | 3 comments I'm a big fan of Gakuen Alice, Fairy Tail, St&rs, Bakuman, The Breaker: New Waves etc...any thts awesome, oh and Pandora Hearts... XD

Stacie ~ done hibernating (Stack-i-e) | 299 comments I heard Fairy Tail is good, a lot like One Piece, but I'm afraid if I read it, I'll get hooked, lol. My to read list is long enough both on mangas and books!

message 8: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 271 comments I read Fairy Tail, Bleach and Naruto, and I did read Death Note.

Stacie ~ done hibernating (Stack-i-e) | 299 comments I read Bleach too! What did you think of Death Note?

message 10: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 271 comments Death Note was amazing with the plot twist and surprises.

Stacie ~ done hibernating (Stack-i-e) | 299 comments I agree, how many stories can (view spoiler) L by far is still one of my favorite characters with all his weird little quirks.

message 12: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 271 comments L was a great character and Death Note was a great story, I was surprised by how much I liked it.

message 13: by Crystal (last edited Jul 18, 2012 11:31AM) (new)

Crystal Navarro (kanarenee) I have quite a few favorites when it comes to manga, though some of them I have not finished yet.

The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 1 by Arina Tanemura Kagetora 1 (Kagetora) by Akira Segami Imadoki! Nowadays Dandelion, Vol. 1 (Imadoki! Nowadays, #1) by Yuu Watase

These are some of my all time favorite shoujo manga series (I just included the first volume because there are too many to post haha!). Gentlemen's Alliance is probably way at the top. I also really loved Deathnote.

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina (ChaoticGemini) | 7 comments My manga choices tend to be dark. Death Note was one of my fav series. Other favs are Hell Girl, Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Petshop of Horrors, Read Or Die, Dark Metro, The Dreaming, Nightmare Inspector: Yumekul Kenbun, xxxHolic, and Bizenghast. I also have 2 secret guilty pleasures: the original Negima! series and Sgt. Frog

message 15: by Katy (new)

Katy | 478 comments I think I'm one of the only people who can't get into Death Note.

message 16: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 5146 comments I'm going to be combining this topic with graphic novels, in order to better utilize both topics, since neither one gets a lot of traffic. The graphic novel topic will be deleted in a couple of weeks, so if you'd like to see what we've discussed so far (or if you want to retrieve your comments and add them to this topic), you can check it here : http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/6...

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 295 comments Tina I keep meaning to check out the Read Or Die manga, I adore the anime.

Fruits Basket, Red River, and Mars happen to be some of my faves.

Mars, Volume 01 by Fuyumi Soryo Red River, Vol. 1 (Red River, #1) by Chie Shinohara Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki Takaya

Though I just ended up purchasing Hellsing and have been meaning to jump in on it.

Right now I'm reading the Sailor Moon manga for the reboot that is supposed to be happening this year.

message 18: by Katy (new)

Katy | 478 comments shera the reboot is on lol! you can watch it on hulu!

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 295 comments Oh, I kept hearing it was supposed to be on hulu, but couldn't find it.

I see they have two episodes up! I'll be back to chat about it! THanks Katy.

message 20: by Katy (new)

Katy | 478 comments Hope you like! If you enjoy the manga you will enjoy the new anime :) Im loving it so far

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 295 comments Good to hear!

I really like the first entries, but around volume 6 it kind of lost me. I need to start up again.

message 22: by Katy (new)

Katy | 478 comments I read them all. I enjoyed the story line of the manga more than the anime, but prefer the personalities and relationship of the characters in the anime. So far it seems to be putting both of those things together, which I'm really happy about ^_^

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 295 comments I actually find myself enjoying the manga over the anime. THough I did like some of the added aspects of the anime. Now I'm really excited to see how they blended it!

I just need to find time to watch them!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 1 (other topics)
Kagetora 1 (other topics)
Imadoki! Nowadays, Vol. 1 (other topics)
Mars, Volume 01 (other topics)
Red River, Vol. 1 (other topics)
More...