Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Karen Marie Moning
This topic is about Karen Marie Moning
Archive (general) > Fever series is picked up by Dreamworks!!!

Comments (showing 1-33 of 33) (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Daffodil (Daffodil--RIPCranberry) | 1047 comments Not sure how I feel about this. Who in the world could fill Barrons' shoe's???

Laura  (InkedHarem21) I am so nervous about this. I am not sure how they are going to recreate the world, and I am worried that they will calm it down to reach a younger audience. Do we know if it will be multiple movies or just 1? (I can't see the link at work).

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments OMG!!! Seriously???

Laura -- it said franchise so multiple movies.

message 5: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6978 comments i'm nervous about this mainly because of one quote - aside from the hoping to franchise like harry potter...if people go to this thinking its going to be another Harry, wow, they will be majorly disappointed...

but this: Karen Marie Moning, which sounds like a mix of Pan’s Labyrinth, Lord of the Rings and Twilight. - the fact that he even mentioned twilight...ugh! but i've seen lord of the rings and fever is nothing like it and I hated pan's labyrinth - so didn't watch it all the way, but yeah....ummm...

message 6: by Lacy (last edited Aug 24, 2011 08:07AM) (new)

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1664 comments I just read this series recently and after reading this I at first felt excitement! Wow, to be able to see this on the big screen. Now I'm just nervous. I read the article above and I agree that these books should not be compared to YA novels. I hope they gear these toward 20 and 30 somethings. I'd hate to see Catherine Hardwick direct! Don't get me wrong I liked the twilight movies and I adore the Harry Potter franchise...this series is just...more mature.

I can't wait to hear more about it in the upcoming months.

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 444 comments I hope they do this right. This could open up the entertainment industry to more "adult" fantasy series. They've never been done right (neither have the YA) and I'd really like to see it done well.

message 8: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6978 comments if they can do sorta like the George RR Martin series - then I think it will be successful...kinda wished that HBO or showtime has picked it up - think it would be more successful as a mini-series vice a movie

Steph (Angel4492) | 386 comments Oh, Daffodil, I agree. Not sure how I feel about this series as a movie. Hmmmm

Mojca | 890 comments I just don’t see this working as a movie (franchise). Beside the fact they would probably cut it in half and change all the “unsuitable” parts, I already imagine the pandemonium the casting might provoke. Each of us have a different image of the characters in our heads, so some are bound not to be happy with the studio’s choices.

And, the most important part, who could possibly do Barrons justice?

message 11: by Vi (new)

Vi | 1917 comments Oh, it doesn't sound good, that's for sure. I hope it doesn't come to the screens anytime soon.

message 12: by Tania (last edited Aug 24, 2011 02:26AM) (new)

Tania | 614 comments Why am I suddenly envisaging Legally Blonde meets Xmen?

(btw - the comments on the article are hilarious!)

Laura  (InkedHarem21) Wan "Artemis", the Dark-Hunters' Goddess wrote: "OMG!!! Seriously???

Laura -- it said franchise so multiple movies."

Thanks! I hate not being able to open it at work

D.G. | 3761 comments I imagine that whomever wrote the article hasn't read the books so doesn't have a clue what the series is about. It may even that the Dreamwork's PR person hasn't read the series either or wasn't briefed on it correctly and they fed the wrong information. That's why I wouldn't judge whatever Dreamworks will do based on this buffoon's article.

Not saying that they won't mess it up because they may but I definitely wouldn't judge based on the article.

message 15: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6978 comments i wouldn't judge it based on the article, but i'm still concerned that in typical hollywood movie form they will make changes to make it more appealing which will ruin the books...

i.e. there is a great Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - but Hollywood is also doing a version of it - I was reading the other day, that they are making Lisbeth more violent...but why is the question - to make it more popular...it makes no sense to me - i'm probably not even going to see those because I think they'll ruin it

Tania | 614 comments It's like what they've done to Torchwood. What was a great british series is now filled with big action sequences and overdone gay jokes. And they're not even getting the fact that Jack isn't gay he's "omni-sexual". grrr

message 17: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6978 comments what the heck is omni-sexual...he'll have sex with anything??

Tania | 614 comments Pretty much male, female, alien, human - he's from the 51st century they've moved past stereotypes.

message 19: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6978 comments ok, though so, but wanted to check

I just don't get why they need to make lisbeth more violent...i mean, n the 2nd and 3rd books you find out why and how she ended up with the guardian (and it isn't pretty)....she is plenty violent

Tania | 614 comments Because in hollywood - bigger is better unless you're talking about dress sizes. There's a certain lack of subtlety that has the power to unrail any book to movie deal.

Although that being said - I wouldn't hold your breath for it to be happening any time soon. The rights for One for the Money were sold in 1993 and it's only scheduled to be released next year.

message 21: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6978 comments true...lol!

Samantha | 720 comments Oh boy, I'm nervous about this. I don't know who could play Barrons and do him any kind of justice and it would have to be right.

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments Laura -- You're welcome.

Tina "coffee and books" (tinar1121) | 1024 comments My first instinct was to be excited, too. But, it makes me very nervous. So many have been ruined by going to the "big screen". I can't even begin to imagine who would be good for the casting. We've actually had this discussion on an Amazon thread. It's so hard to decide. And then after they pick the right look, they have to be able to pull off the JZB attitude.

Serena | 6 comments OMG! wow, this is shocking...and exciting and makes me a bit nervous. The nervousness because sometimes a movie version can seriously cut down important parts from the printed version. This is one of my fav series, I'd hate to see a few movies ruin in it for me because I'm sure I'm going to see it.

Wow!..any idea when productions begin? I wonder who will play the characters...

message 26: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 8922 comments Quote from KMM:

As a final note, quit scaring Dreamworks with your demands for NC-17, LMAO. I don’t write NC-17. You have NC-17 imaginations! Sometimes I think you guys should be telling me stories!

I thought it was hilarious.

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments LOL... especially the Dreamfever -- I guess we're all guilty.

Jennifer (Jennsch78) | 1 comments I'm not sure how i feel about this. I have such a clear picture in my mind of what the characters look like that i think I would probably be dissapointed with any cast. My sister and I love this series and we have had several discussions on who could be cast in a movie but I just can't think of anybody that could do it justice.

Juana "Darkness" Duran (juana1991livecom) | 300 comments ARE YOU SERIOUS..... I would love to see all the books be made into movies.

is mee... kissa | 551 comments NO. WAY! That is so Freakin' cool!!!!! But still... i hope i t's done well. i hate it when i love a book but hate the movie.
OMG! Who the hell is gonna play Barrons?!

Angie (angieDS) | 2 comments All I can say is "very interesting". Like all here I hope it's done well and at least halfway resembles the books. And Oh yeah, someone really, really smoking hot HAS to play Barrons!

Laura Makula | 2 comments HOLY CRAP!!! YAY!!!! I love..ADORE this series!!!!!! I hated it to end! I really do hope they capture the essence of this series...

Laura Makula | 2 comments Daffodil wrote: "Not sure how I feel about this. Who in the world could fill Barrons' shoe's???"

No kidding Daffodil! I cannot wait to see who they pick to play these characters..I'm so nervous!! *biting nails*

unread topics | mark unread