Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9) Deeper Than Midnight discussion

Cliffhanger or HEA??

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Aestas Book Blog i was wondering if the books in this series all have HEA endings for the main couples or if they have cliffhanger endings?
im looking for something to read similar to Ward's BDB and Kenyon's Dark Hunter series but I absolutely need a HEA ending if I'm going to have to wait a year for the next book.
can someone classify the endings in books of this series for me?

P.A. Lupton It's a great series. The story continues from one book into the next so you need to start with the first. There is a romance in each book, and definitely a resolution at the end of each book for the relationship. Although the base conflict continues through each book,there is usually a HEA--no cliff hangers. I would reccomend the series.

Aestas Book Blog awesome! thanks :) looking forward to it then... im 2 books away from finishing the DH series and cant wait to start this one

Elayne Try Kresley Cole too!

message 5: by Janis (last edited Aug 23, 2011 10:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Janis Aestas wrote: "i was wondering if the books in this series all have HEA endings for the main couples or if they have cliffhanger endings?
im looking for something to read similar to Ward's BDB and Kenyon's Dark ..."

All of Lara Adrian's Breed Warrior books have HEA. They are awesome.
Her series is awesome. Just finished "Deeper Than Midnight"
You might try Christine Feehan's Dark series. Love those Carpathian men.

Elayne Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series is another winner!

Aestas Book Blog heehee I'm literally living to read right now :P
I already was planning on reading Adrian's series next providing they had HEA's.
After that I had Showalter, Feehan, Cole, Ione, and Silver on my top lists to read next. I can't imagine what I'm going to do when I'm through all of them in a few months :(!!

I have read the Fever series and LOoOoOoOooooved them!!

I have also already read the Night Huntress series in the "HEA" paranormal genre... <3'ed it too! ... a lot lol

If there are other HEA paranormal series I'm missing, please do let me know! :)

Selena Lang This may be a stupid question --- but what does HEA stand for exactly? thats a new one to me.

message 9: by Elayne (last edited Aug 24, 2011 10:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elayne Happy Ever After! Someone once got me with "btw"...had to laugh when she told me her granddaughter told her it means "by the way" lol

Selena Lang lol thanks. I can usually figure them out on my own but that one stumped me. makes sense though. :)

Elayne Yeah I had to work it out too lol!

message 12: by Aestas Book Blog (last edited Aug 25, 2011 09:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aestas Book Blog lol sorry :P
it took me a while to figure out the lingo... also HFN (Happy for Now) is another 'ending-type' reference i recently learned :P ... technically I guess, Night Huntress actually falls into this category more than HEA since their story isn't done, but I can't imagine with the fan base that Cat & Bones have that Frost would ever give them anything other than an HEA... and if she doesn't give them one, i dont want to read that book lol.

usually, according to my understanding, urban fantasy books (that dont have cliffhangers that is) fall into the HFN category, and paranormal romance (or romance in general), falls into the HEA category...

message 13: by Mika (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mika Well, Deeper than Midnight does have a cliffhanger but it has nothing to do with the couple. However, it's not really a problem since the following book is already released.
Talking about the series in general, there are some good stories but I don't think it compares to the BDB in general. Some of the books are really boring and formulaic. My favorites were Tegan's, Nikko's, Hunter's, and Harvard's books because the romance and the general arc was well balanced.

Delia Aestas **aka Crazinneldy** wrote: "i was wondering if the books in this series all have HEA endings for the main couples or if they have cliffhanger endings?
im looking for something to read similar to Ward's BDB and Kenyon's Dark ..."

I really like this series and I agree that you should read it from the beginning so you know who all the characters are. I'm waiting patiently for the next book to come out. While it's not the DH's it not a bad back up.

Julie Perham I love the series ! They all have a HEA but to get the full picture read it in order.

Alice MB is a stellar series..Christine Feehan's Ghostwalkers is great also & like MB one runs into another so they are both better read in order

Tabby Alice wrote: "MB is a stellar series..Christine Feehan's Ghostwalkers is great also & like MB one runs into another so they are both better read in order"

yes that is my fave Feehan series. i have read all of the above mentioned series and thoroughly enjoyed them all-especially Ward, Cole, Frost & Kenyon! also, kerrelyn sparks Vamp books are pretty good...although im not sure what the series is called. its includes 'vamps in the city', 'how to marry a millionaire vampire', 'be still my vampire heart', etc. also, lynsay sands argeneau series is pretty good as well. and there is a series by kathryn smith that i cant think of the name for the series, but it has to do with a brotherhood of vampires-NOT like BDB-and it is good too..kind of erotic actually. christine warren's 'Others' series is pretty ok too, though some books are better than others. my fave in that series is 'one bite with a stranger'. hope these suggestions help!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Deeper Than Midnight (other topics)