Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1)
This topic is about Leaving Paradise
Archive (Buddy Reads) > Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles [Buddy Read]

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lacy (last edited Aug 21, 2011 09:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1645 comments Larissa and I will be reading Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles for our August PIFM buddy read. Anyone is welcome to join in our discussion. We are starting on 8/21/2011.

Larissa | 138 comments Thanks for doing the thread, Lacy! Well, I'm going to start the book :)

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1645 comments Your welcome! I'm going to start as well.

FYI: I'm going to be reading it on my kindle so my progress will be in percentage completed, not pages.

message 4: by Larissa (last edited Aug 21, 2011 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Larissa | 138 comments Oh, that's alright.

---
Well, Caleb is a big son of a bitch. So deserve someone to slap him into reality.

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1645 comments I'm 30% done and had to force myself to put it down! I really like the story line so far. Caleb is a spoiled brat and needs to learn some empathy. I have a feeling that will be coming in the future. I feel so sad for Maggie. She was in an accident for crying out loud, these teenagers that used to be her so-called friends should be welcoming her back. Sabrina, her cousin, should get a slap as well as Caleb.

Larissa | 138 comments I make your words my own. I just can't really imagine being through everything Maggie has been and then losing my friends and dad. In fact, I do have a cousin named Sabrina and for some reason it's just so funny picturing her doing that to me.
And I feel so sorry for Leah! She just lost her best friend and brother and, well, having the parents she has, that would be a pretty good reason to turn into a gothic alone. Caleb is being so mean to her!
Well, as for Caleb himself, lets just hope he discovers soon the slut his precious girlfriend is. The guy sure needs some ice water to wake up.

Oh! And I'm page 100, or 33%.

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1645 comments I'm 77% done. Where are you? I don't want to give anything away!?

Larissa | 138 comments I'm 71% done and just got home. Very soon I'll be with you :)

Larissa | 138 comments Oh.My.God. Now I know what you needed to comment. What the hell is Leah thinking about? Or not thinking at all? To just let your twin screw up his life because you can't just stand straight and face your own... well, that's just utterly selfish and childish. I really didn't see this one coming :O

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1645 comments I know! I couldn't believe it either. Caleb isn't looking so shabby now! What is scary is that there are people out there that are really like that.

No wonder she wears all black, it's the guilt.

I hope this book has a happy ending. I'm really enjoying it.

Larissa | 138 comments Caleb's looking quite the hero now, huh? And yeah, thinking about someone really doing the same things for real is not a pretty vision.
Well, the book has a sequel, so I guess it can't end with a happily ever after, but it would be reaaally nice get some happiness.

ps: I'm so looking forward to get Linda and Mr. Reynolds together! They make a cute couple :)

Larissa | 138 comments I finished the book just now. I'm a little speechless and can't find the right words, but I'm crying. A little harder than I should be.

I'll just wait for you to end it as well to come up with some dignifying comment about the book and how much I loved it. I'm itching for Return to Paradise, but where I am is pretty late and I have to wake up early so guess I'll just have to hold on till tomorrow :|

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1645 comments I just finished it and I loved it too! I already ordered the next one from the library. Do you have the second book?

I love Caleb, Maggie and Mrs. Reynolds. Caleb and Maggie have gone through so much and are such good people. I really hope that Caleb learns to take care of himself now that he is on his own and stops trying to save everyone else. I despise Kendra, Drew, and Maggie's father. Linda and Mr. Rynolds are adorable! I can't wait to read what happens with them.

I can't wait to read the next book.

unread topics | mark unread