Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Archived/Extinct Discussions > Conan with Jason Momoa

Comments (showing 1-35 of 35) (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 9390 comments Mod
Is anyone interested in seeing this? I think I will catch it on cable.

message 2: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4062 comments Mod
If I do watch it, I'll wait for it to hit a movie channel.

message 3: by AH (new)

AH | 14 comments I wanted to see it, but it's 3D and I refuse to pay $3 extra for a headache.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 9390 comments Mod
I can't do that 3D or IMAX. It makes me terribly nauseous, and I ain't spending money to feel sick to my stomach!

message 5: by AH (new)

AH | 14 comments I just read the review in the paper. Here's what the reviewer said about Jason Momoa:

The tone rests nicely on the freakishly broad shoulders of Jason Momoa, who takes over the hairy Conan mantle with gusto.

Momoa is a hulking mass of muscle, deep cocoa skin and bright hazel eyes.

He's nothing short of spellbinding on screen - especially when he doesn't open his mouth - because he emanates sexuality.

...He romances the camera with his cocky glances and his natural movement; he's not one of those no-neck types who waddle.

He can still move with a little poetry, and that goes a long way in making him a romantic lead.

--Montreal Gazette 8/19/11

Might be worth it just to watch him, but I think I'll wait for the DVD.

I imagine that he gives it his all, so I am glad that this comes through.

message 7: by AH (new)

AH | 14 comments He did emanate sexuality on Game of Thrones, lol

Yes he definitely did!

message 9: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (Megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
I could care less about the plot, but I would like to see it at some point just because of his hotness. I miss Khal Drogo :(

message 10: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (Book_Addiction) Me too. I'm still p'd off he died even though I knew it was coming.

message 11: by ~Megan~ (new)

I know, me too Jennifer! I read the first two books in the series, and I'm not sure I want to continue...it just seems like one terrible event after another. Plus, there's no romance, and I at least have to have some glimmers of love LOL!

message 12: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (Book_Addiction) I know. lol I do, too. I need the illusion of a HEA in the future. I haven't read the 2nd one yet..I may wait and watch next season and see if I want to or not.

message 13: by ~Megan~ (new)

It just gets more and more bleak from here.

message 14: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 374 comments So 3D makes you nausous? I've never been to one but was wondering if its worth it. Actually, I've only seen 1 movie in a theater over the last, oh, 7 years or so :) but I'd sure like to see my next future ex husband up there on the big screen! Whew!

message 15: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments My husband wants to see this, and I'll admit the guy in there looks mighty fine, so I'll probably tag along for the eye rinse. :)

message 16: by AH (new)

AH | 14 comments That's the dilemma. Eye candy and a movie my husband would actually want to see? Hmmm....

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I saw it yesterday. The fight scenes were good and the eye candy worth it. The dialogue was pretty cheesy but what can you expect with a barbarian movie. The gorgeous sight of Jason Momoa taking up a full screen made up for it, though. We even get a drool-worthy butt shot!!

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Aug 20, 2011 05:06PM) (new)

Cindi, I have a inner/middle ear issue (Meniere's), so I get vertigo, and the 3D/IMAX makes it bad.

message 19: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 374 comments Dhanger, take it from one old enough to remember Arnold's Conan: the dialog was pretty cheesy then too!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Jason Momoa is absolutely beautiful. That's one hunky Hawaiian. I've loved him since his Baywatch days. I'd watch it just for him

message 21: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4062 comments Mod
I remember Arnold as Conan.

message 22: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 374 comments "Live, love slay! All I know is Jason Momoa gets my tongue HARD! I want to lick his pecs, lol, and play with that hair, yummy."

Ha! When I read this comment on IMDB, I cracked up. The "Live Love Slay" is a quote from Jason about how he sees Conan. The remainder of the quote speaks to me personally :P

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Cindi wrote: ""Live, love slay! All I know is Jason Momoa gets my tongue HARD! I want to lick his pecs, lol, and play with that hair, yummy."

Ha! When I read this comment on IMDB, I cracked up. The "Live Lo..."

Only your tongue, Cindi? ROFL

I live, I love, I slay and I'm content! Such an awesome line :)

message 24: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 374 comments Merlot? I haven't seen the movie yet but hear much the same from my friends, etc. Jason wasn't used to his full, ah, potential (potent all over, I say)because of the lack of dialog and snarky one-liners of old. Hope the reviews don't get Jason down and that others hire him asap! I need some new pics of Jason and his pecs!

message 25: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 175 comments I saw it a while ago and I loved Momoa in it! He has a certain look...lol

message 26: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Momoa is totally hot in there! And, uhm, sorry if I didn't catch the movie's story... was too busy drooling... :)

message 27: by Kate (new)

Kate (ficthoughts) | 12 comments I thought it was awful. Momoa was gorgeous but the plot was flawed and there was no chemistry between any of the characters.

And Momoa had barely any lines. I should t be complaining... I only watched it do I could fan girl over Momoa but I felt really disappointed with the movie.

Rachel the Book Harlot | 217 comments I think Jason Momoa is the most beautiful man on Earth. I just had to share that thought with you guys. lol

Awilk -never sleeps-  (Awilk) | 98 comments My kids bought me the DVD for Christmas. It is on my eye-candy shelf. Jason Momoa is one beautiful man. Now I don't have to watch Stargate Atlantis so often lol.

message 30: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments I agree with you, Rachel - He is absolutely beautiful!

Rachel the Book Harlot | 217 comments Zee, check out this pic:

http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/w...

Makes my heart pitter patter. lol

message 32: by Rachel the Book Harlot (last edited Jan 10, 2012 09:11AM) (new)

Rachel the Book Harlot | 217 comments Katie wrote: "That one must be one hell of a pic! I was forbidden to see it on my home computer! LOL
..."

LOL I swear it's a tame pic! I wonder why you couldn't open it. I'll check the link...

ETA: Maybe your computer when on meltdown mode from all the hotness! lol

message 33: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 374 comments Katie wrote: "My other gripe about the movie is How dare they make Acheron the source of all evil! Oh well, this is just ..."

Ha! If they had known what WE know about Ash, he'd be lovely like Travis Fimmel and tall like an NBA player ... :)

message 34: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Oh my goodness, Holy Cow! He looks just delish in that one! Thanks Rachel! :)

message 35: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellelisa) | 3 comments He is married to Lisa Bonet(from the Cosby show)and has two kids by her!Saw pics of them on holiday recently on the beach in Hawaii and the two of them got rockin bods!Shes at least ten years older than him.

unread topics | mark unread