Vanishing Acts Vanishing Acts question

Who did you want Delia to end up with?
Michael Michael Aug 17, 2011 10:36AM
I wanted her to be with Eric, I know that he was an alcoholic, but i believe that he really loved her. I think that Fitz lost his chances in the very beginning, and I don`t think Delia felt the same way,she felt about Eric.

who did you want her to end up with?

...but I will say, once you have lived with an alcoholic, just one, EVER, you would never wish it on another person, and you most certainly wouldn't want your child with him!

Agree with what Nancy just wrote. I thought Delia was very self-centered. She set Eric up to fail and then left him when he had a relapse. No true winners in this whole book - kind of sad.

I didn't really care. I wasn't paying attention to that part.

I was honestly extremely surprised when Delia ended up with Fitz the night she found out about the abuse. Seriously? You would think that a women who just found out she was abused in that way would NOT want to have intimate relations right away! That just did not make any sense to me at all.

I don't like the character of Delia much. Whatever happens she always gets better choices than others. But I think she made the correct decision, the same one her dad made years ago.
An alcoholic can not take care of a child or even himself!!!
Fitz was my favorite character. No matter what happens he was always there for his loving ones, not only Delia, Sophie, and also for his best friend Eric. He didn't steal that woman. Remember Fitz, was there from the beginning, from the moment Delia met Eric. And Delia trusted Fitz more than anyone in her life, she always needed him for even a small thing.
Fitz really deserves what he got at the end.

To tell you the true,the fact that she end up with Fitz was one of the factors this book did not make a five star for me.I mean if you said you love some one so much how the f-word do you just make love with another man.Eric was weak in character but he love her and also she had a child with him.I end up felling pity for Eric and thinking Delia was self-centered.And Fitz narrating this events just ruined the book for me and that goes without saying the lack of proof.I did love so much this book until the last chapters but once again it isnt a surprise,the tenth circle did the same thing to me.

Michael I completely agree with you, I thought that she should have ended up with Eric. I thought it would have been a nice twist,but the author took the pred ...more
Jan 29, 2012 08:24PM
F 25x33
Minoli agreed. i also thought it is unfair for Fritz, as he waited over 10 years for her, and ended up making love just to comfort her. an act of desperation ...more
Oct 02, 2012 07:39AM

In real life, a woman who flips right from one guy to another, even a very old friend, is setting herself up for a fall. I wanted Delia to spend a little time by herself or with her father (and child, of course).

Fitz. He only lost his chance with her early on because he was trying to make her happy, and I think the true mark of love is when another person's happiness is integral to your own, even more important than your own. That was clearly the case with Fitz.

I wanted her to end up with Fitz. When you read the book it's Fitz who was ALWAYS there. Fitz she ran to with everything big or little. Fitz lost his chance? Maybe. He was a kid and loved her and Erik enough to not break up their bond. But when it came down to it, Fitz was the one she counted on. I couldn't figure out why it took her so long to figure it out.

To tell you the true,the fact that she end up with Fitz was one of the factors this book did not make a five star for me.I mean if you said you love some one so much how the f-word do you just make love with another man.Eric was weak in character but he love her and also she had a child with him.I end up felling pity for Eric and thinking Delia was self-centered.And Fitz narrating this events just ruined the book for me and that goes without saying the lack of proof.I did love so much this book until the last chapters but once again it isnt a surprise,the tenth circle did the same thing to me.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Vanishing Acts (other topics)