The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > World War Z begins filming in Glasgow

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Pickle | 179 comments i took a walk down at lunchtime yesterday and today, rained both times :).

All the street signs were replaced and the odd yellow taxi dotted about but it still looks like Glasgow, not Philly.

I hope they have written in rain for the movie as its been non stop for a while now.

Paul 'Pezski' Perry (Pezter) | 374 comments Pickle wrote: "I hope they have written in rain for the movie as its been non stop for a while now. ."

i guess that depends on whether they relied on the Scottish Tourist Board for the weather forecasts ;D

i have to admit, i'm rather psyched about this film of the Greatest Zombie Book Ever

Pickle | 179 comments some more pictures on the BBC today for anyone interested:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14562248

Alden Wilkins (AldenWilkins) | 11 comments Kind of worried about this adaptation. Sound like Brad Pitt's character is traveling around the world to try and stop the Zombie Apocalypse.

Very different from the book. Not saying it can't work, but I always get worried with big changes like this.

message 6: by Nick (last edited Aug 18, 2011 07:20AM) (new)

Nick (Whyzen) | 1247 comments Could be worse. Could be Uwe Boll directing.

Alden Wilkins (AldenWilkins) | 11 comments Nick wrote: "Could be worse. Could be Uwe Boll directing."

True. I really enjoyed the way the story was told in the book, but I could see problems adapting that straight to a movie.

Will keep my fingers crossed.

Nick (Whyzen) | 1247 comments Don't rule the script out yet. I didn't realize it but looks like J. Michael Straczynski was involved in writing the screenplay at one point in time or the other.

message 9: by Nick (last edited Aug 20, 2011 06:44AM) (new)

Nick (Whyzen) | 1247 comments Ok, I'm a little over half way through the book and I'm starting to agree with someone on the forums that said this would have been better served as a miniseries. There are some great stories in here that would have been terrific episodes if done correctly. The format of the book would have been great for the episodic layout.

I'm getting the sinking feeling that this movie is going to suck.

Keith | 25 comments i just started this book today.

Keith | 25 comments What the heck, why not film right here in philly? other movies do. Now I'm going to be annoyed the whole film.

Pickle | 179 comments Keith wrote: "What the heck, why not film right here in philly? other movies do. Now I'm going to be annoyed the whole film."

maybe they needed rain, snow, sleet and sunshine in the movie. We can get the 4 seasons in 1 day here, often.

Keith | 25 comments Well we have rain, its been raining all week. haha.

Otto | 24 comments I'm starting to agree with someone on the forums that said this would have been better served as a miniseries

True. Since a movie is too short of a medium to show each story, the primary means of time cuts will most likely be by choosing which stories to include. I just hope they choose my favorite interviews. Of my 3 favorite stories, the audiobook abridged out 2 of them :o(

Paul 'Pezski' Perry (Pezter) | 374 comments Otto wrote: "True. Since a movie is too short of a medium to show each story, the primary means of time cuts will most likely be by choosing which stories to include. I just hope they choose my favorite interviews. Of my 3 favorite stories, the audiobook abridged out 2 of them :o("

That so pissed me off! I'd heard they were supposed to be doing a full unabridged reading, but i guess it was just a rumour

Nonentity | 8 comments The more I see about that movie the less interested I am. I LOVED the book but it seems the movie won't really have much to do with the book. -.-

Last I heard they changed the zombies to fast-moving ones cause they're "cool" and "scary" I guess or whatever, when the slowness of the zombies is brought up countless times and is an integral part of this world.

And introducing a new main character and changing the narrative to take place *during* the zombie wars not after? Hell, why did they even buy the license? I hoped for better from Brad Pitt's company.

message 17: by Pickle (last edited Aug 25, 2011 05:55PM) (new)

Pickle | 179 comments walked past at 1am (1hr ago)... i dont own a mobile (since losing my 3rd phone im not allowed one :() so no pics put not much to see other than a taxi crushed by a bin lorry.

Going with girlfriends phone tomorrow so will get pics.

Paul 'Pezski' Perry (Pezter) | 374 comments Pickle wrote: "Going with girlfriends phone tomorrow so will get pics."

don't lose it ;D

unread topics | mark unread