UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Shaun Jeffrey
This topic is about Shaun Jeffrey
Meet the Authors > Shaun Jeffrey

Comments (showing 351-400 of 4,123) (4123 new)    post a comment »

message 351: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 16965 comments Ha, got there first!

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41908 comments You're just more cleverer than wot I am.

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Patti (P E) wrote: "Lorraine wrote: "cromulent?"

This link should explain it, Lorraine. When I used the word 'quotey' a few days ago, Ingnite said it was cromulent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_the..."

Thanks Patti, just added two new words to my vocabulary !

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Shaun wrote: "You're just bad. Lol "

Bad is the new good ;)

Maureen (Mews) (Mews) | 719 comments Shaun, the tattoo under the tiger looks similar (if memory serves) to the tattoo George Clooney had in From Dusk Till Dawn.

I have no idea how you could sit for that long getting it done. I could barely sit long enough for the tiny butterfly I have...lol.

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments Maureen (Mews) wrote: "Shaun, the tattoo under the tiger looks similar (if memory serves) to the tattoo George Clooney had in From Dusk Till Dawn.

I have no idea how you could sit for that long getting it done. I cou..."

There was some tribal work there, and a dragon, which in itself was covering over a bat! Hopefully this will be the final picture. Lol. As for the pain, I do think they hurt more than when I had my first tattoo at 17, many, many moons ago.

Maureen (Mews) (Mews) | 719 comments Well I would still rather get a tattoo than go to the Dentist...eeek! (and rather do both combined than child birth ever ever again!)

;-)

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments Maureen (Mews) wrote: "Well I would still rather get a tattoo than go to the Dentist...eeek! (and rather do both combined than child birth ever ever again!) ;-)"

Well I obviously can't comment on child birth, but yes, going to the dentist isn't much fun!

message 359: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 16965 comments Maureen (Mews) wrote: "Well I would still rather get a tattoo than go to the Dentist...eeek! (and rather do both combined than child birth ever ever again!)

;-)"

You must know about the woman who went to the dentist and was absolutely petrified. She said "I hate being at the dentist. I think I'd rather have a baby."
"Make up your mind love," said the dentist, "I'll have to adjust the chair."

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments Ingnite wrote: "You must know about the woman who went to the dentist and was absolutely petrified. She said "I hate being at the dentist. I think I'd rather have a baby."
"Make up your mind love," said the dentist, "I'll have to adjust the chair."

Lol.

Q. What is the difference between a man and childbirth?

A. One can be terribly painful and sometimes almost unbearable while the other is just having a baby.

message 361: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 16965 comments Only a man can tell that - without starting a row!

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments Ingnite wrote: "Only a man can tell that - without starting a row!"

Sadly that's probably true!

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments OK, for anyone interested, I've posted a blog revealing a few details about the next Prosper Snow novel, including the cover. Love to hear peoples thoughts: http://shaunjeffrey.blogspot.com/2011...

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41908 comments Oh you tease!

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41908 comments Shared your blog on Facebook.

:D

message 366: by Shaun (last edited Sep 24, 2011 02:59AM) (new)

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments Patti (P E) wrote: "Oh you tease!"

I like to think of it as foreplay ;)

Patti (P E) wrote: "Shared your blog on Facebook.

:D"

Thank you :)

Pat (Scorpio)  | 2638 comments Looks good to me Shaun. Next month, ok I will look out for it.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41908 comments I'm all atremble.

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Next month is going to be a good month :)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 1158 comments Indeed!

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments Thanks :) And thanks for all the great reviews people have been leaving both here and on Amazon. I really, really appreciate people taking the time to read my work before going above and beyond to review my humble tome: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Kult-eboo...

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments It doesn't get much traffic, but if anyone wanted to pop by my author thread on Amazon.com, you'll be made welcome with tea and biscuits: http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20ou...

message 373: by Katy (new)

Katy | 2920 comments I've left a review! Amazing book

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments Katy wrote: "I've left a review! Amazing book"

Katy, I just read it. All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments I've been a little quiet lately as I was doing some revision for an interview for promotion (will find out whether I was successful by the end of the week all being well). I've also got to go through some final edits on Killers. And then at the weekend I'm going camping near Snowdon with some friends from work. Walking up the mountain on Saturday, weather permitting.

message 376: by Lorraine (last edited Sep 28, 2011 01:19AM) (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Good luck and let us know if you're successful with the interview !
You're lucky they're forecasting an "indian summer", hopefully the nights won't get as cold. Last time I went camping at the end of the summer, I couldn't feel my legs when I got up ! Anyways, have a fab weekend !
NB, there's some love on the amazon thread at the mo, got a few more questions lined up to bump the thread, but really when you release the book you need to invite us all to a party on there ! We like parties and will quickly raise the number of posts, hopefully when forumers see that your thread has 300 posts, they might want to pop in to see what it's all about !

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41908 comments Great idea, Lorraine!

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments Lorraine wrote: "NB, there's some love on the amazon thread at the mo, got a few more questions lined up to bump the thread, but really when you release the book you need to invite us all to a party on there"

Good idea and thanks very much for the support. I really appreciate it :)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments That's quite alright, you know me, always up for a party !

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments Lorraine wrote: "That's quite alright, you know me, always up for a party !"

I'll bring the cake :)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41908 comments After your comment in Lorraine's fabulous thread, Shaun, thought I'd just pop in and shout...

RUM!!!!!!

Oooooo that felt good! Haven't done that in ages! Thanks!

Maureen (Mews) (Mews) | 719 comments Just added a review for The Kult, Shaun.

I really suck at writing reveiws and never much felt compelled to for the mainstream authors I used to read, as I felt they had plenty of reviews anyway and there was nothing much more I could add except "I liked this book" or "I hated it". I am trying to make an effort to support our indie authors though and I appreciate that reviews can mean a lot to them. I still suck at it though...lol.

Let me know if you want me to copy the review over on the .com site (when it shows up).

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments Patti (P E) wrote: "After your comment in Lorraine's fabulous thread, Shaun, thought I'd just pop in and shout...

RUM!!!!!!

Oooooo that felt good! Haven't done that in ages! Thanks!"

With blackcurrant please :)

Maureen (Mews) wrote: "Just added a review for The Kult, Shaun.

I really suck at writing reveiws and never much felt compelled to for the mainstream authors I used to read, as I felt they had plenty of reviews anyway ..."

Thank you very much, Maureen. Really, really appreciate it. And of course I would love you to post it to other places, such as .com and on Goodreads etc, as it all helps (now I just hope it was a favourable review!!!. lol)

Jud (Disney Diva) (Judibud) | 15852 comments i'm excited! cant wait for the next book

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Shaun wrote: "I'll bring the cake :)"

Lovely ! Thank you Shaun :)

BTW - if you manage to snap some photos of some nice landscapes on your weekend away, would you mind adding them to the photo section pretty please ? :)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Well landscapes or anything you feel like sharing anyway...

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments I'll try to take some :)

And here's another review of The Kult: http://junipersjungle.com/2011/09/28/...

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments That's a smashing review, definitely described the reader's experience really well !

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Aw and thanks for sharing your weekend with those of us whose weekend will probably be somewhat less exciting lol !

Shaun (ShaunJeffrey) | 2461 comments I'll take my camera, and weather permitting I'll take a couple of snaps :)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Yay lovely !

by the way... did you notice there are now 4 people tracking the amazon thread... there were only three this morning...

Karen (Kew) | 4038 comments Lorraine wrote: "Yay lovely !

by the way... did you notice there are now 4 people tracking the amazon thread... there were only three this morning..."

Which amazoo thread...?

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments See post 372 Karen. We're trying to give Shaun's thread a bit of love to keep it on the front page and give him a bit more exposure. For once I am donning my serious suit on and asking proper questions... I think I missed my vocation.... I should have studied interviewing skills lol, I totally suck !

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41908 comments Give us the link here, please.

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments It's here Patti, but you're entering at your own risk !

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20ou...

message 397: by Maureen (Mews) (last edited Sep 28, 2011 02:15PM) (new)

Maureen (Mews) (Mews) | 719 comments Oh I might come and join in. Has anyone asked my question about how he came up with the name Prosper Snow? I might try that one.

And how do you know how many people are tracking a thread?

Edit: Duh! Never mind on the tracking question. Found it. Had a blonde moment.

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments Patti (P E) wrote: "Pmsl!"

Yea it was a perfectly respectable thread until you came in with your twisted mind Patti !

Maureen (Mews) wrote: "Oh I might come and join in."
Please Maureen do join, and if you happen to know how someone can regain their composure after making a total fool of themselves please send a bit of help my way !

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41908 comments Hey i meant severed fingers! You have the dirty mind! Pmsl!!!!

Maureen (Mews) (Mews) | 719 comments I have decided to wait until the thread drops off the first page and then drop in with my killer question.

Sneaky way to get it back on the first page, don't you think?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Deadfall (other topics)
Evilution (other topics)
The Kult (other topics)
The Kult (other topics)
Evilution (other topics)
More...