Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Books Set in Africa > Zimbabwe

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (new)

Diane | 5640 comments Please post any books set in Zimbabwe here.

message 2: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Dec 23, 2011 01:05PM) (new)

Diane | 5640 comments Books Set in Zimbabwe:

Don't Lets Go to the Dogs Tonight by Alexandra FullerDon't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood by Alexandra Fuller
Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi DangarembgaNervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga
When a Crocodile Eats the Sun  A Memoir of Africa by Peter GodwinWhen a Crocodile Eats the Sun by Peter Godwin
Butterfly Burning by Yvonne VeraButterfly Burning by Yvonne Vera
The House of Hunger (African Writers) by Dambudzo MarecheraThe House of Hunger by Dambudzo Marechera
Zenzele  A Letter for My Daughter by J. Nozipo MaraireZenzele: A Letter for My Daughter by J. Nozipo Maraire
Bones by Chenjerai HoveBones by Chenjerai Hove
An Elegy for Easterly  Stories by Petina GappahAn Elegy for Easterly: Stories by Petina Gappah
The Boy Next Door by Irene SabatiniThe Boy Next Door: A Novel by Irene Sabatini
The Stone Virgins  A Novel by Yvonne VeraThe Stone Virgins: A Novel by Yvonne Vera
Black Sunlight (African Writers Series) by Dambudzo MarecheraBlack Sunlight by Dambudzo Marechera
Harare North by Brian ChikwavaHarare North by Brian Chikwava
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai HuchuThe Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu
The House of Hunger (African Writers) by Dambudzo MarecheraThe House of Hunger by Dambudzo Marechera
Love in the Driest Season  A Family Memoir by Neely TuckerLove in the Driest Season: A Family Memoir by Neely Tucker
Casting with a Fragile Thread  A Story of Sisters and Africa by Wendy KannCasting with a Fragile Thread: A Story of Sisters and Africa by Wendy Kann
Without a Name and Under the Tongue by Yvonne VeraWithout a Name and Under the Tongue by Yvonne Vera
Mukiwa  A White Boy in Africa by Peter GodwinMukiwa: A White Boy in Africa by Peter Godwin
Of Spirits and Madness  An American Psychiatrist in Africa by Paul R. LindeOf Spirits and Madness: An American Psychiatrist in Africa by Paul R. Linde
Rainbow's End  A Memoir of Childhood, War and an African Farm by Lauren St. JohnRainbow's End: A Memoir of Childhood, War and an African Farm by Lauren St. John
King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider HaggardKing Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard
The Book of Not  Stopping the Time by Tsitsi DangarembgaThe Book of Not: Stopping the Time by Tsitsi Dangarembga
Rooms in the House of Stone (Thistle Series) by Michael DorrisRooms in the House of Stone by Michael Dorris
The Fear  Robert Mugabe and the Martyrdom of Zimbabwe by Peter GodwinThe Fear: Robert Mugabe and the Martyrdom of Zimbabwe by Peter Godwin
The Last Resort by Douglas RogersThe Last Resort by Douglas Rogers
The Voluptuous Delights of Peanut Butter and Jam by Lauren LiebenbergThe Voluptuous Delights of Peanut Butter and Jam by Lauren Liebenberg
Men of Men (The Ballantyne Novels, #2) by Wilbur A. SmithMen of Men by Wilbur Smith
Walking Still by Charles MungoshiWalking Still by Charles Mungoshi
Nehanda by Yvonne VeraNehanda by Yvonne Vera
The Setting Sun and the Rolling World by Charles MungoshiThe Setting Sun and the Rolling World by Charles Mungoshi
Harvest of Thorns by Shimmer ChinodyaHarvest of Thorns by Shimmer Chinodya

message 4: by Kelli (last edited Feb 08, 2012 06:53PM) (new)

Kelli Robinson (kellifrobinson) I have edited and added to a Listopia list of books set in Zimbabwe here: Books Set in Zimbabwe. I compiled the list from this thread plus other suggestions and recommendations found elsewhere on Good Reads and the Internet. Feel free to vote for your favorites and/or add books that I missed!