Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Comments (showing 302-351)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 351: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11395 comments The NFL thread is not working for me, so I'm using this one instead.

Surprising news out of Kansas City, eh?

Jovan Belcher murder/suicide

message 350: by Charly (new)

Charly sorry I missed the other thread before I posted here.

message 349: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments GO BRONCOS!! going to the game today! woohoo!!

message 348: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments yup! I will send you the details Charly =)

message 347: by Charly (new)

Charly Petra did you set up the survivor game?

message 346: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments suvivor pool you pick one team to win every week.If your team wins you survive to the next week. The key is each team can only be picked one time so you have to pick carefully.. it sounds fun

message 345: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i will do a pro pick em, don't know what a survivor is and have no interest in a college pool.

did you know peyton is having trouble throwing to his right? guess where the DB's are gonna force the receivers?

message 344: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments I renewed the group and sent out the emails as well as setting up a survivor pool. I will start a new thread for this yr

message 343: by Charly (new)

Charly Petra You can renew the pro pick em group and it automatically sends out the links. I'm up for survivor and will play college if the group wants to.

message 342: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments Phil, my daughter is a HUGE Eli fan so we are the house of Manning right now!

message 341: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11395 comments Oh yeah, I remember him. The lesser Manning.

message 340: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments oh did you all know the broncos have PEYTON FRICKIN MANNING ?!?! lol

message 339: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments I would be happy to set it up if you guys are interested... we can do a survivor pool and a pro pick em and a college if there is interest... I will start checking in regularly again... I just needed a break this summer... =)

message 338: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments me too

message 337: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I would be in for both.

message 336: by Charly (new)

Charly I know its a bit early but are we going to do the pro pick em again? Petra, when it comes up I think you can renew the group.

Is there any interest in a survivor group. You pick one team a week to win their game and you can't pick a team twice. You can give three strikes. Last one standing wins.

message 335: by Charly (new)

Charly RIP Junior Seau. Whether he played for your team or against it you had to admire the way he played the game. Sadness on both coasts today as well as the rest of the football world.

message 334: by Charly (new)

Charly NYC is not Denver. Glad to see a brewing controversy in that Jets locker room. Ryan will ruin Tebow, and Sanchez is a waiver wire event waiting to happen. Unless of course they figure him as a running back.

message 333: by Phil (last edited Mar 21, 2012 01:07PM) (new)

Phil | 11395 comments Tebow to the Jets.

J-E-T-S... Jets, Jets, Jets

And New Orleans head coach Sean Payton has been suspended for a full year!

message 332: by Charly (new)

Charly Petra, I am happy for you, because you are a friend. On the other hand there has been an opportunity for a Manning super bowl since Eli came into the league and it hasn't happened yet. When this is all said and done remember I was the guy who said be careful what you wish for.

message 330: by Michael (new)

Michael I'd like to see Tebow in a Vikings uniform next season. I think it was a mistake for the Broncos to sign Manning but I suppose he'll sell jerseys and tickets which is the real name of the game.

message 329: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments ms.petra wrote: "I told my girl, who is the Eli fanatic, it will be the battle of the Manning men in the next Super Bowl. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!"

No, Eli won't make it this year, but you can have a Rodgers - Manning show down. :-)

message 328: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments I told my girl, who is the Eli fanatic, it will be the battle of the Manning men in the next Super Bowl. Wouldn't that be a hoot?!

message 327: by ms.petra (new)

message 326: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11395 comments So where will Tebow end up? Perhaps a broadcast booth?

message 325: by Charly (new)

Charly Petra, can you post that Tebow praying poster here?

message 324: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 5894 comments Charly wrote: "I guess we know what Tebow was praying about."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Post of the day.

message 323: by Charly (new)

Charly I guess we know what Tebow was praying about.

message 322: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments OMG!! Peyton Manning is here is Denver meeting with John Elway and John Fox!! I love Tebow, but it would be awesome to have Peyton here and maybe he could help Tebow while winning a Super Bowl here!!!

message 321: by Charly (new)

Charly I run a league that I call sandlot baseball. 9 position players 5 pitchers, no bench and limited waiver moves. It's a head to head league and we play for 1 point a week.

Nice thing is there are not a lot of moves to be made, so its closer to football fantasy.

We could also just do like a HR Derby with only one category and simply decide on the number of players per team.

message 320: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments awwww! thanks, you guys! it was a lot more fun having people who cheer for different teams. Does anyone play any baseball games? I did fantasy baseball one year and it was a full time job... maybe some other kind of baseball game? I need to start that baseball thread :)

message 319: by Mary (new)

Mary Yea, Ms P. that was fun!

message 318: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Thanks Petra for setting this up.

message 317: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments thanks to petra for a terrific league and lots of fun (even if i did suck in sucular fashion)

message 316: by Charly (new)

Charly Next year we can do a survivor pool as well. In Yahoo you can set it with three strikes. Its fun and a different twist.

My thanks as well Petra, gave us some fun for the season that ran just about 4 minutes too long.

message 315: by Michael (new)

Michael ms.petra wrote: "the soon to appear MLB 2012 thread! :)"

Big rumor: You didn't hear it from me, but it looks like Roy Oswalt is coming to the Twins.

Thanks for starting the pick-em game, Petra! And thanks to whoever BigButkus is for not playing since week 14 so my picks didn't look so bad! I appreciate your sacrifice LOL!

message 314: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments well that was fun! football season is over, but we still have the draft and this can be a place to just chat about the NFL in general. I am sure I will see some of you in the soon to appear MLB 2012 thread! :)

message 313: by Charly (new)

Charly Don't forget your final picks.

message 312: by Charly (new)

Charly By the way, I think Petra had the most overall wins regardless of where the points end up.

message 311: by Charly (new)

Charly If I remember correctly the Cowboys cut Cundiff because he missed some big kicks a couple of seasons back. Glad he was available to the Ravens.

message 310: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11395 comments The kick returner in SF can hang out with the kicker from Baltimore for the off-season. Drinking buddies.

message 309: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments looking forward to this Super Bowl rematch!

message 308: by Charly (new)

Charly If Vince Woolfolk isn't the defensive player of the year I don't know who is. He has been on fire.

The whole team insists that it is a 53 man 60 minute effort to win games.

Feel bad for the rookie kick returner in SF, tough day.

message 307: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments I loved Tom Brady in the postgame interview... "I sucked today, but the defense was awesome" haha

message 306: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11395 comments Sometimes you just get lucky.

message 305: by Charly (new)

Charly Nobody said it had to be pretty!!!!!!

message 304: by Charly (new)

Charly If anybody did their picks early before the fourth team was entered you may want to revisit because the pick went away when they put the team in.

message 303: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments Thanks, Charley and I am sooo looking forward to baseball! :)

message 302: by Charly (new)

Charly I am hoping for two more games. I had fun with the pick em and complaining about the confidence points. When they open it up I have a fairly simplistic baseball league I run that I will post up.

Petra I value our friendship too much to take a shot, and I applaud anyone who is a fan of their team year in and year out. That I think is the definition of fan.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
unread topics | mark unread