The Eternal Ones (Eternal Ones, #1) The Eternal Ones question

Just Awful!
Liliyanne Liliyanne Aug 14, 2011 04:17AM
** spoiler alert ** This is probably one is the stupidest books I have read in a lifetime!

Basically this is what happens: "I"ve been suddenly waiting for you my whole life, lets get married" "Okay I love you too." tragically "Don't go to the Ourobos Society, they'll tell you lies and make you go against me." "Okay" GUESS WHAT SHE DOES "I went to the Ourobos Society and they told me you cheated on me and killed many people!" "Didn't I just say don't go there THIS HAPPENS LIKE 3 MORE TIMES!!!

THEY BREAK UP MAKE UP, THAT IS THE WHOLE BOOK!

I'm telling this book is absolutely ridiculous! Save yourself some much worthy time and DO NOT read this book. GAHH absolutely dreadful. She is the biggest Damsel in Distress on crack!

What do you think of this book. Was it worth your time?

Hated this book. It was so stupid and made no sense. I'm not even going to waste my time with the next one.

i am a fast reader but i did like it but not love it though.

I was very mad that she couldn't make up her mind! Then she did it again and if she knew all this stuff was going to happen then why did she go and do it?? She was so frustrating! She didn't have a set standard or plan for herself and that's why she didn't know what she was doing!
Anyway I hope the 2nd one is better than this one.

Berenice (last edited Aug 15, 2011 05:39PM ) Aug 15, 2011 04:20PM   0 votes
No it wasn't a good book, I felt cheated

This book made cry, I've never hated a non-living thing so much. My friends either stayed away from me or laughed at my pain,it was lucky it was a library copy. I'd have burnt mine. The utter stupidity of the heroine made my ovaries shrivel. But my literature teacher- when i would stop complaining- told me that the author must have been very effective, she manged to bring out the worst emotions in me, therefore in that reasoning she is good. it was then i believed i'd been trolled. i hated it even more, no emotional progress, no revelations, no redemption.

Funny enough I've recently read the authors other offering. How to lead a life of crime. I loved it.

Brooke Me too!!! She outdid herself with that one. I was totally blown away.
I've only managed to find two PNRs that don't suck ass. This was not one of them.
...more
Jun 05, 2013 04:04AM

Lamia (last edited Dec 10, 2011 05:57PM ) Dec 10, 2011 05:56PM   0 votes
worst book i ever read after "new moon" and "low red moon"

hahaha totally agree!!!!!!

It was okay, definitely not something that I would ever recommend to anyone though.
It was so irritating that she could never make up her mind about anything!

i actually liked the book seires although i do agree that it was a little to much that she broke up got back together like 3 times. still i thought it was a good book.

You asked if it was worth my time. It was not. All those people who were disappointed by this- I beg you, read the Kiki Strike series, if you haven't already.

i'm readind the 2nd one it gets a little better

it wasnt amazin but it wunt THAT bad either.. i thought it was ok.

Wow I feel weird I'm apparently one of (if not the only) the few people who loved this book, maybe it's because I'm a hopeless romantic and I loved the twists and the romance and the mystery it had, thou at first I wasn't as excited to read it, I have no regrets!
I was about to give it 4/5 stars because I totally agree with all of you that Haven was really stupid and she stressed me out all the time, but I gave it 5/5 because when I finished it I was really looking forward to read the next one!

Rena That's a great way of saying it about Haven, because she did stress me out too.
Mar 04, 2014 01:32PM

I thought this book was great for a summer read but not instantly something I would recommend. I would recommend it to some of my girlfriends but other than that it was ok. I thought this book did not warrant a sequel because of the definite ending to the book.

The idea itself was quite interesting, but it was ruined by the main girl. She was obnoxious, stupid, and fickle! I don't think I have ever encountered such a dimwitted heroine. She's always going about, asking the obvious 'bad' people and then believing all the nonsense they spout.
Not to mention the rollercoaster she has us on! Most of the book is pretty much a tug of war match of her thoughts on Iain's innocence. I don't feel that it was completely horrible because it did have good points, but I won't be looking into the second book.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Eternal Ones (other topics)