Teenage Dream discussion

24 views
We The People (Debates) > Should Osama's body be shown to the world?

Comments (showing 51-99 of 99) (99 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (Falls) I respect his drive and ambition. His ability to accomplish what he thought was right, if that makes sense. Even you have to admit he was a genius.


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments I don't really. My brother could better.


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Wait who was the genious?
Hitler, uhhh sort of. I mean he did convince most of Germany to make him presedent when he threatened them. (he did dint he?)

Osama, uhh again sort of. I mean yeah he caused a whole explosions and stuff, but to me they're both still idiots for not knowing common sense.


Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (Falls) Hitler was a genius. Freaky and delusional, but a genius.

Osama, I really can't say. I don't know enough about him.


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments I don't know....


message 56: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

luhvBOOKS | 1114 comments Mod
Zoha wrote: "Why does the public want to see a rotting corpse?? I can't seem to get that."

Well, it should be allowed. I mean, not in a bad way. Just in an informative way. I wouldn't want to see it.


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments I still think it shouldn't be allowed.
Necause first off it could affect you, second off what benifit would you get from seeing the dudes body?


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments It would satisfi people and what's the harm in that.


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Yes it would satisfy everyone except for his followers who if you havnt noticed carry BOMBS lol


message 60: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

luhvBOOKS | 1114 comments Mod
Very true. But its their right and if they show it, they show it. Its not like they are mocking his followers.


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Uhh yeah, it is. Or from their point of view at least. I mean they have to send it out in a few years, so can't you just wait? I mean again all it will do is satisfy you guys. But really would you want that when there is a big risk involved? You guys say it's only fair yet how is it?
So what? You see it. You move on.
But not everyone is like you. Some people will see it and they WILL find it offensive and they'll bite you back.

I mean America's only doing it for your guys benifit. And if we can't trust them, just think, what has America come to where we can't trust our own government?


Thalia (thaliaanderson) Not being able to trust the government isn't the peoples' fault. It's the government's. :/


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments True. But seriously, what will come out of the people seeing it? Okay, so you'll be reliefed, satisfied. But would you guys rather have satisfaction of seeing the mans dead body(EVEN THOUGH THEY ALREADY HAVE PROOF) and his followers Having even more hatred for America, if that's possible, OR, America just stops being so stuborn-no offense- and they just belive the DNA results and not live with the risk of having his followers bomb us.
And yes, we don't trust the government. But if you really think about it, if they do show those pictures and America gets bombed by them AGAIN. Not only will America blam his followers, AND MUSLIMS(Luke they dis before) but America WILL blame the government as well for showing it to the world. And don't say they won't because we do that all the time without even realizing it. We ask for something, and when we get what we want but something else disastorious(sp?) happends we blame the people who gave it to us.


Thalia (thaliaanderson) Hanna, I don't know how they'd do it. All I'm saying is they should do it in the safest way possible, because there are a lot of people still hrurting, a lot of people with pent-up anger who might still be bitter towards the government over what happened. You toss aside that like it means nothing, but to those people, that relief is their everything.


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Okay, and I understand. But really, you'll just gain it all back when they bomb us AGAIN. I mean yes to them Relief is improtant, but what's more improtanat, their satisfaction or their safety?
And again, the DNA is the hard cold facts you can't lie about DNA. And who knows the picture could be fake and we'll still get bombed. You can fake the photo easily now a days but you can't lie when it comes to DNA, and anyone who disagrees is just being silly now.

All I'm saying is that I'd rather not fully know and have less of a risk of getting America exploding into tiny pieces then knowing and being satisfied but then his followers bomb again and we have 9/11 all over again.

And we all know that that's not good for ANYBODY in America.


Thalia (thaliaanderson) But that's the thing. You have no idea what those people are going through. You have no idea how much they're willing to sacrifice for that sort of closure. There's no way either of us can guess. And like I said earlier, if his followers were that pissed off, we would have been bombed already.


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Exactly. There already pissed off so why add fuel to the flames?

And as for the people that don't understand, which is very little. Are the people who are stuborn and are the type who won't belive the government unless the give out bad news. The DNA is already proof, so why want more when it's just going to cost you?

I mean really people tell me what is better seeing pictures but having 9/11 happen ALL over again maybe somewhere different maybe even larger, or just admit that yes dead since they HAVE his DNA and move on causing less problems.

And yes, of course we havnt went through as much as the people who have had a loved one die, but you don't understand. Us Muslims will NEVER be looked at in the same way. You might not be the type but you'd be suprised by how many racist comments I get from people my age, younger, AND older. And we Muslims have to go through that probably for the rest of our lifes. And it just annoys me how people think that we didn't get hurt in any way. Of course we did maybe not as much as the people who died or had family die but heck we're pretty dang close. Plus there were Muslims who died in 9/11 too. You think we don't want the guy dead?of course we do we can only wish that it will help at least a little on what people think of us. All I'm saying is why ask for more when your just adding fuel to the flames.


Just think of it as this way: if America shows those pictures, it's like going into war without any weaponds and waving your hands in the air trying to get your enemes attention. It's already bad enough that your weaponless but let alone making yourself get even more noticed.


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments I agree with Hanna on we will never be looked at the same way. I'm in a nice small town. They all know me. That's the only reason why I'm not made racist jokes about. Anywhere else I will be treated like an monster.


Thalia (thaliaanderson) Hanna, don't take offense to this, but you keep saying WE need to stop being stubborn. I think you're being pretty stubborn by not wanting to allow those families the closure they desperately need, the sort of closure they've waited all this time for, and probably the rest of their lives. Hearing somebody say something is true is different than seeing it with your own eyes. When 9/11 happened, why do you think they have TV broadcasts of what was going on? Why not just tell us? Because it's so impossible that it couldn't be true.. None of us wanted to believe what was happening, because it was just too painful.

It's the same with in bin Laden; his death is too good to possibly be true. It's the sort of thing that needs to be seen with your own eyes to really grasp that it's true.

And people making racist comments? That's go away with some time. It's only been ten years since the bombing. You'll probably just have to wait it out, and that's a hard thing to hear. But those lives that were lost? They will never get another chance. They will never see their families again here on this earth. They just won't, because thier lives were stolen. Those families lost a lot more than their pride on that day, so I don't think it's fair to use the argument that you were hurt, too. Yes, you were, and nobody can deny that. But look at the bigger picture! Your pride, the pride of you and your race and your religion, will be restored. Already more people than not accept Muslims, otherwise things would be a lot rougher for you.

But those lives? They can't come back. They can't be restored. I think it's only fair for the government to put the photos up, for a least a month. And you do know there are sites only Americans can view right? Things can be blocked from people in other countries. We could easily take that route, and the majority of his followers (except for the few you live here in America) won't even know.


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments Hanna: Thaila, had a point Hanna and I think it is fine. If the people of America want to see it is fine because Pakistan has already seen the dead pictures of Bin Laden.

Thaila: No I'm sorry but they never will. That's wishful thinking they will stop after a couple of years but truly like you said people are upset that the people they love dead because of us.
Just like the African Americans they still are hurting now from slavery. They never let it go and African American were mistreated. There was killing in ours. After 100 years later black people haven't got over it, you only assume so will the people of America.
It's human nature. That keeps me from doing something stupid like yelling at them that they are terrisots.
You might be like "Oh they will" but this is America, America can even susprise itself. Some people are extremist and believe it or not that is a major amount of the population.


Thalia (thaliaanderson) Zoha, I know where you're coming from. It took the blacks a long time to break free of racism, and as a whole, everybody has moved on and I believe black people are proud of their heritage, but from I understand of them. And trust me, my religion has had its fair share, too. The LDS church was founded in New York, and our first prophet was tarred and feathered and thousands of people were mobbed and killed and driven out of every home they found. That was in the 1800s. I'm not saying it'll happen overnight, or even in the next few years. It might be in fifty years. But the point is, it will blow over, and not everyone is going to rag on Muslims forever. Of course there will always be the idiots who hate everybody who isn't exactly like them, but don't judge the whole of America on those guys. Americans are actually quite forgiving.


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Exactly. I never said that us Muslims should get more pity then the people who actually went through 9/11, but I'm saying for people to not just think that we walked off like nothing effected us either.

And when I meant that WE were stuborn. I meant by people in genreal now a days. I KNOW that I'm stuborn at times and I probably sound like a BEEP eight now but seriously. If you can't accept the truth and you have to see it with your own eyes even though you know that their not lying, that my friend, is being stuborn. And yeah it might be a 'closer' but most of the people that I know who want to see it are creeps. And if they do put it somewhere where only Americans can see it, how do you know that their arn't any spies? I know this sounds so cheesy but it's true. And you never know there can be one or one hundred. And if people think the government's just lying or something I mean really think again. The last thing they want is America to be in danger so why would they post the picture? And why would they even lie in the first place? I mean yeah people are saying to get Obama's votes up but really no offense bu that's one of the stupidest excuses I've ever heard. Because how can he even do that where the congress and supreme court support that? When it's just getting them into danger. I mean tell me what is better, people's closer when like how you said they will NEVER be the same, or their life?

I mean his followers were probably already pissed off enough when they celebrated his death(which I think is sort of wrong no matter how horrible the guy was, it was still his DEATH) so why get them even more pissed by posting up the pictures all over to the world for everyone to see. If Obama said he was dead then bloody hell I'll belive him.


Thalia (thaliaanderson) I'm only responding to your last paragraph at the moment; I've gotta fold laundry, ffffff.

It's okay to breathe a sigh of relief when a terrible man dies. Do you think the Jews didn't celebrate when Hitler died? There are lots of awful people in history and it's okay to be glad they're dead. There's nothing wrong with that. And to be honest, I DON'T trust Obama. He already hasn't done anything he said he would and his time in office is nearly over. He has the lowest approval rate of any president EVER and he's given me no reason to trust him. I, personally, am okay with just the DNA results. I never said that I didn't believe that he was dead. But that doesn't mean I trust the government either. And not everybody has to. I still think it'd be better to show the photos. Why even take the photos if nobody could see them?


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments Thalia wrote: "Zoha, I know where you're coming from. It took the blacks a long time to break free of racism, and as a whole, everybody has moved on and I believe black people are proud of their heritage, but fro..."

You are American. You were born in America. You see the American society different than a person that has been to another country or was born in another country.

Honestly, there is a big difference between being born and raised here and being born and raised somewhere else and coming here. You see people differently. You catch things about people that other people wouldn't catch because their people before never did it.

You are religious and I'm saying this because you believe in God.
This was going to happen. In our book it's said that Muslims guys are going to decrease because they are going to die at war and many Muslim girls will be husbandless. The Muslim jokes and such will not stop ever stop. I'm not angry at the comments. I'm scared of what they are leading up to.....
Hanna are you understanding what I am saying??


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Zoha: yes, I do. I mean I KNOW that Muslims will never be looked at the same. And you always have those idiots in class who don't know what's going on in the world yet they still judge people. But not just them, but I have had TEACHERS that would say something racist on a way where they couldn't possible get fired, yet the way that the said it I knew that they had something against who I was. And thank god I dint have anything bad but I know people who have went through horrible things. My sisters bff who is also Muslim didn't even want to be Muslim when she was little because of how people treated her. She told me how there was even this one boy who would say,"Oh your profit raped a bunch of woman..." blah blah blah and she came home crying because of that! And this one Muslim girl at my school doesn't even admit that she's a Muslim because she's too ashamed, and she always moves schools whenever a Muslim girl talks to her or tells someone that she's Muslim. And she will literally ignore me at school and she even lied to me saying that she was going to another school. I mean part of me doesn't blame her but another part of me just wants to slap her or somethig for not showing people who she truley is. But anyway.... Back to the debate:

Thalia: Do your laundry faster! Lol jk XP

But that's thing thing:
Weather you trust Obama or not, you just have to think:
why would he say that's man he's hunting down is dead? That's just doesn't make sense and there is NO WAY that he could lie to the whole world when there is a large risk strapped to it. I mean The Congress and Suprem Court have to BOTH agree with it, and why would they do that?!? Again, he must have been dead if the whole government allowed Obama to tell the world that he's dead. If it's for votes the rest of the government wouldn't stand to it, because they don't care if he's the next presedent or not. Especally if he hasn't done much, wouldn't you think they're want him out?

And as for you saying that Obama didn't do alot of the things he promised, it's because he HAD to get both the Congress and Suprem Court on his side, and they would always shut him down. So if you guys think that the presedent has full control, think again, because each three Constitution Beanches must agree in order for it to be aproved. And they both shut him down so how could he do it? He TRIED it just didn't go all the way through.


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is beyond terrible!!!!!!!!!
Allah said your life first then your religion. So she is only ignoring you so she won't get hurt and it's allowed.
If you die fighting for your religion you don't die but still some people can't handle the pressure of the racist comments and those are the senstive people and Allah will still love them.
I have never had a racist comment from a teacher before and if one of my teachers did, I would totally tell my sister's best friend and she would make it to where the teacher couldn't teach at a public school again.
How dare a educated adult say something like that!!!!


Do you wear a hajab??

My point proven here on this topic that the topic Terrorist should be deleted. No Muslims need to be reminded of this horrible ordeal we have to deal with.


Thalia (thaliaanderson) Hanna, I definitely know that Obama doesn't call all the shots. I took AP Government and politics are a hobby of mine. :P It's just, if his ideas were any good for our country, I think SOME of them would have been approved. And the only reason Obamacare was passed was because there was something in there about not passing this bill meant the government would cut funding to military, so the Republicans had to vote for it.

I haven't even looked at the Terrorist topic. Every time I see it in my notifications, I'm just like, "I don't think anybody likes terrorists; no point in commenting." But, in all honesty, if somebody messes with you guys, I'm completely ready to verbally beat someone if you want. (: I might disagree with you guys a lot, but I do consider you both friends!


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments Thanks.
If you need something bombed you know who to call ; )


message 79: by Hanna[h] (last edited Sep 07, 2011 05:47PM) (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Lol awww thanks! Yeah haha if I ever seem mad it's never towards you guys lol I could be arguing with you guys in one topic and a minute later in another topic I'd be all chillaxed and stuff ^_^ I just seem rude in debates naturally lol.

And Zoha yes I do wear the Hijab, do you? I mean I don't cate if a Muslim girl wears it or not, my sisters bff doesn't and she's like 27-28? So yeah lol but the girl at my school doesn't just avoid it in front of people, but I think she doesn't want to be a Muslim either. Because she does alot of.... Huge Muslim sins, I mean I don't really care but yeah I don't think it's just the people cuz at my hs, hardly anyone is racist like middle school :) lol but it's awkward though cuz everyone knows who you are and it's like,"Do I know you?" and I don't mean to sound like one of those snobby chicks but I really don't know them, but yeah they all know me as the hippy weirdo Muslim chick ^_^ lol

And no teachers have ever said anythig I mean their smart enough to know, but you know when you can just tell? Or they say somethig and it Sounds like it was meant to be racist, and maybe it was, but again I could be wrong lol.


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments No I don't my dad is afraid of excactly that (that meaning this one school this girl so he doesn't allow us and you know you are the property of your father until your married and then you are property of your husband. So you have to listen to your father no matter what.
Sense my dad said no I can't.

And can you name the Muslims Sins because I am curious.


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Oh that's cool my dad let us choose and I'm the youngest and since all my sisters wear it I felt like it would be weird plus I myself wanted to wear it so I started in the middle of 6th grade but I'd take it off when it's hot and stuff, but slowly I got used to it and now I guess you could say I'm a full timer lol ^_^ it's not that bad though suprisigly haha XD

And when I mean by sins I mean like...
Staying till night with a bunch of boys and posting half naked pics on her fb.... And a few other minor things but yeah lol I know some American girls who can't even do that... And her parents don't even know... But whatever it's her life >.>


Thalia (thaliaanderson) Posting half-naked pictures of yourself should be considered wrong by everybody. >>
Seriously, when you apply for job applications, or for college, they can see your Facebook and the accounts you've made with whatever email address you've given to them. They aren't going to hire kids who love being naked on their free time.


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments Half-naked is different because you are covering your body parts but not that much skin like super short shorts and then a top that doesn't completely cover her whole stomach and arms and chest.
Oh and when my husband tells me to wear it (which would be eight after the marriage) I won't take it off until with family or girls because if I do it I'll do it properly.


message 84: by Hanna[h] (last edited Sep 09, 2011 10:20PM) (new)

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Zoha I don't get what your saying..... Half naked means like bras and underwear ONLY. Or like bikini. And even if it was shorts and a tank top you should know that us Muslim girls can't wear that. We can't show our skin as much I mean sometimes I'll wear shirts up to my elbow but that's it, and pants only. But it's not the shorts and tank top that bothers me about the girl, it's how she makes a fake fb account with a diff name and her and her sis posts pictures half naked for everyone to see. And she has boys as her friends on there. So I don't really get what you mean when you say that half naked is okay.... I'm sorry but I really don't lol even Thalia gets it haha XD

and Thalia, yeah I don't think she cates about her future much.... But whatever.


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments No you are misunderstanding, I'm saying half-naked for me is short shorts and tank top. It's not okay.
I was saying what you think is half naked is not what I think is half-naked.
I wear a jacket sometimes buti always wea pants and shirts. My parents are super strict with the showing skin thing so is something that should be covered is not covered I get in hugs trouble. .
I a tank top and the thing that goes under that and a underwear. I don't know how they can expose so much!!


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments Oh okay lol well still she wears that and posts pictures and yeah it does show alot of skin lol but anyway how did we get out of topic?

Make to the debate people!! Lol

I still think they shiudnt show it.


Thalia (thaliaanderson) Ahh, Zoha, I don't think it's okay to wear a skimpy tank top and shorts so short they might as well be panties either. Pictures like those won't make you friends in the career-world either.

Hahah, Hanna, I think we all know what the three of us think. XD We need to get other people in the debate, hahaha.


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments Yeah I know.
People will just think of you as a Slut (that was hard to type) and avoid you.
But for people who do that how they do it??


Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (Falls) Over time, their pants get shorter.


Zoha (SunnySideupLolipop) | 1069 comments True.......


message 91: by Cece (last edited Sep 26, 2011 03:25PM) (new)

Cece | 49 comments Ew!No. Then everyone would puke simultaneously


message 92: by Cece (last edited Sep 26, 2011 03:28PM) (new)

Cece | 49 comments Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* wrote: "Hmmm. Well Thanks, Thalia, for trying to explain what I failed at doing.

What I meant was, I respect Hitler because his intentions were good even though his actions were evil. I don't know if Osam..."


You RESPECT Hitler?!!!!!
Next time I'll read the discussion before I post anything!


message 93: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. Until I see the proof, I cannot bring myself to believe he is truly dead.


Hanna[h] Cumberbatch (AndTheTheyBuriedMeMummble) | 620 comments OMG WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP SAYNG THAT!!!! LOL XD

His DNA IS the proof! There's no way you can lie on that! But as for the pictures, now a days people can edit it in so many ways it annoys me.

Fine. Let them show the pictures. Just don't blame Obama when 9/11 happens ALL over again hut 10X worse -_- just saying lol


message 95: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

luhvBOOKS | 1114 comments Mod
And Then They Buried Me*Mummble* wrote: "Well you see they said that when they found Osama it was in a certin country and that they found him in a huge house watching videos of himself(ROFL concided....) and that when they came in he used..."

They say he was found in Pakistan and he was dressed as a woman.


message 96: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

luhvBOOKS | 1114 comments Mod
Osama is evil. I personally dont want to see his body or pictures of his body, but I think it would be okay to show them. I'm just not sure where they would show the pictures. On the news, on T.V.? In the newspapers or magazines? Because if it is easily accessible, then I'm not okay with it because youngsters could see the body and I don't think that's appropriate.


message 97: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

luhvBOOKS | 1114 comments Mod
And Then They Buried Me*Mummble* wrote: "Wait who was the genious?
Hitler, uhhh sort of. I mean he did convince most of Germany to make him presedent when he threatened them. (he did dint he?)

Osama, uhh again sort of. I mean yeah he cau..."


I believe Hitler was suffering from a mental illness. I don't respect him. I don't care what his drive was, he is still a terrible man. But I can in the tiniest bit see why he thought it was okay. But that doesn't make it any less wrong.

Same with Osama. I don't know enough about him to really say anything about him, but the world is better off without him. And he'll pay his price...


message 98: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

luhvBOOKS | 1114 comments Mod
Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* wrote: "Hitler was a genius. Freaky and delusional, but a genius.

Osama, I really can't say. I don't know enough about him."


Albert Einstein is a genius. Isaac Newton is a genius.


Hitler? Definitely not a genius.


message 99: by luhvBOOKS, Niall is the only one <3 (new)

luhvBOOKS | 1114 comments Mod
deleted user wrote: "Yes. Until I see the proof, I cannot bring myself to believe he is truly dead."

Why the heck would you say that? He's DEAD. You don't have to see his body to believe it. He's DEAD. DEAD DEAD DEAD.


« previous 1 2 next »
back to top

unread topics | mark unread