City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) City of Lost Souls discussion

*Spoiler* Dirty. Sexy. Club. Scene. Between Clary & Jace. - What do you think?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 106) (106 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Darciejay (new) - added it

Darciejay “What’s going on?” It was Jace, having fought his way free of the pack of dancers. More of the shimmering stuff had gotten on him, silver drops clinging to the gold of his hair. “Clary?”

“Sorry,” she said, getting to her feet. “I got lost in the crowd.”
“I noticed,” he said. “One second I was dancing with you, and the next you were gone and a very persistent werewolf was trying to get the buttons on my jeans undone.” He took Clary’s hand, lightly ringing her wrist with his fingers. “Do you want to go home? Or dance some more?”

“Dance some more,” she said, breathlessly. “Is that all right?”
“Go ahead.” Sebastian leaned back, his hands braced behind him on the fountain’s edge, his smile like the edge of a straight razor. “I don’t mind watching.”

Something flashed across Clary’s vision: the memory of a bloody handprint. It was gone as soon as it had come and she frowned. The night was too beautiful to think of ugly things. She looked back at her brother only for a moment before she let Jace lead her back through the crowd to its edge, near the shadows, where the press of bodies was lighter. Another ball of colored light burst above their heads as they went, scattering silver, and she tipped her head up, catching the salt-sweet drops on her tongue.

Jace stopped and swung her toward him. She could feel the silver liquid trickling down her face like tears. He pulled her against him and kissed them, as if he were kissing tears away, and his lips were warm on her face and made her shiver. She reached for the zip on his army jacket, ripped it down, slid her hands inside and over the cotton of his shirt, then under the hem, her nails scratching lightly over his ribs. He stopped and cupped the back of her neck with his hand, leaning to whisper in her ear. Neither of them could be said to be dancing any more: the hypnotic music went on around them, but Clary barely noticed it. A couple dancing past laughed and made a derisive comment in Czech: she couldn’t understand it, but suspected the gist was get a room.

Jace made an impatient noise and then he was pulling her after him again, through the last of the crowd and into one of the shadowy alcoves that lined the walls.

This alcove was conical, with a low stone pedestal in the center on which an angel statue, about three feet tall, stood. It was made of black basalt, but its eyes were glass, like doll eyes, and its wings were silver. The floor was slippery and damp. They skidded across it to fetch up against a wall, Jace with his back to it, and then he was kissing her, bruising hard and hungry kisses. He tasted salt-sweet, too, and moaned as she licked the taste off his lips. Her hands threaded through his hair. It was dark in the alcove, so dark Jace was just an outline of shadows and gold. She gripped the edges of his jacket, pushing it off his shoulders; it fell to the ground and he kicked it away. Her hands came up under his shirt, clawing at his back, fingers digging into the skin there, softness layered over hard muscle.

He kissed her harder and she clutched his shoulders as he sucked her bottom lip into his mouth and bit down on it, sending a shock of pleasure mixed with pain through her body. She squirmed to get closer to him and felt his breath quicken; she could taste blood in her mouth, salt and hot. It was as if they wanted to cut each other apart, she thought, to climb inside each other and breathe each other’s breath and share each other’s heartbeats, even if it killed them both. There was blood under her nails where she had clawed his back.

Jace pressed her forward, spinning them both around so she was pinned between his body and the wall. As they turned, he caught the edge of the angel statue, toppling it to the ground and shattering apart in a cloud of marble dust. He laughed and dropped to the ground in front of her on his knees among the remnants of broken statuary. She stared down at him in a daze as he ran his hands up her boots, to her bare legs, to the lace that edged the bottom of her slip dress. She sucked in her breath, as his hands slipped like water up and over the silk, to her waist, to grip her hips, leaving streaks of silver on the silk.
“What are you doing?” she whispered. “Jace?”

He looked up at her. The peculiar light in the club turned his eyes an array of fractured colors. His smile was wicked. “You can tell me to stop whenever you want,” he said. “But you won’t.”

“Jace . . .” His hands bunched in the silk of her dress, dragging the hem up, and he bent to kiss her legs, the bare skin where her boots ended, her knees (who knew knees could be so sensitive?) and farther up, where no one had ever kissed her before. The kisses were light, and even as her body tensed that she wanted to tell him she needed more, but didn’t know what, didn’t know what she needed exactly, but it didn’t matter because he seemed to know it. She let her head fall back against the wall, half-closing her eyes, hearing only her heartbeat like a drum in her ears, louder and louder still.

I love this, Its great to see something like this finally happening between clary & jace. However, this wont be released in the book, it will become more G-rated, so it is cool for Cassie Clare to post us something like this :)

Thoughts?

Jayda Dyment cant wait :)

Camilla Belle OMG omg omg that was ... damn Clare why do you do this to us???

Caressa I'm really excited for the whole book, particularly the Magnus/Alec part. ;p

message 5: by Molly (new)

Molly This is why I like fanfiction: the sexy scenes rarely ever leave me hanging.

message 6: by Celine (last edited Aug 14, 2011 06:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Celine OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
This is sooo intense!
I can understand why it has to be down played haha
But at least Miss Clare is nice enough to let us have a peek. lol

Colleen I loved this sneak peak and if im going to survive the these next grueling 8 months i need more sneak peaks. The only problem i have is sebastin's line like WTF!!! Why is he there!?!?!?!

Caressa Ctwilightlovr934 wrote: "I loved this sneak peak and if im going to survive the these next grueling 8 months i need more sneak peaks. The only problem i have is sebastin's line like WTF!!! Why is he there!?!?!?!"

I completely agree!

Caressa Cassandra Clare's blog; http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com/

Have fun searching; there's a lot of fun spoilers!

message 10: by percabeth (last edited Aug 18, 2011 03:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

percabeth it totally seems like sebastian is controlling jace in this part...if he makes jace have sex w/ clary, jocelyn is gonna KILL him...which would soooo totally suck! and it's not like clary can stop jace i mean first of all u can't resist his hotness (duh) and plus hes stronger and faster than her

message 11: by Jia (new) - added it

Jia yousuf omg!!!!y not in d book??this waz really hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Helen971217 OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!
I NEED THIS BOOK!!!
LIKE NOWWWW!!!!

message 13: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Lol wtf Sebastian doing and this always happens but they get interrupted lol

message 14: by MicMac (new)

MicMac OMGOMGOMG AND YOU EXPECT ME TO WAIT UNTIL MAY AND NOT SHRIVEL UP & DIE!!!! Your crazy if you think the wait wont be exrutieating (s.p?) espeicilly after that

message 15: by Aimee (new) - added it

Aimee Rio Kyle wrote: "Lol wtf Sebastian doing and this always happens but they get interrupted lol"

sebastian didnt interrupt.. he let them do their thing!! is that interruption??

message 16: by Aimee (new) - added it

Aimee Rio Jia wrote: "omg!!!!y not in d book??this waz really hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

yah.. i know ryt??

alice I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS BOOK JACE AND CLARY OH YEAH

message 18: by Evelyn (new) - added it

Evelyn Why does the the book have to be G, its in the young adult section, Im pretty sure no one under the age of 14 reads these, even so I'm pretty sure they could handle whats going on the story. So come on, and wtf is Sebastian doing their being all friendly with Clary and Jace, and Clary being all okay with her brother being their, I have a feeling that Jace, Clary and Sebastian are some sort of team. hmm...we shall learn more in May!!

message 19: by Jia (new) - added it

Jia yousuf i want this 2 b in d book!!!!we can surely handle this...i want atleast this much hotness...plzzzzzzzzzz i want 2 dis!!!!!!i dunno whether i lyk sebastian or not.....

message 20: by Aimee (new) - added it

Aimee Rio i dont care what you think guys, but im pretty sure sebastian will gonna do good in da story.. OMG! i cant wait!.. <3

message 21: by MicMac (new)

MicMac Same.... I agree Evelyn, I mean, it's not like ten year olds with innocent minds are reading these.... And in City of Fallen Angels you pit a pretty hot scene with Jace and Clary in the chapter Sanctuary.... Right? Right.

message 22: by Maria (new)

Maria Darciejay wrote: "“What’s going on?” It was Jace, having fought his way free of the pack of dancers. More of the shimmering stuff had gotten on him, silver drops clinging to the gold of his hair. “Clary?”

“Sorry,..."

Book 4 was like an emotional roller coaster. One minute it seems as Simon and Isabelle are about to hook up and BANG it’s gone, then Maia, Jordan and Jace what the HELL kind of ending was that!!!!!! OMG look I really hope that the end is worth the wait, poor Clary girl can’t catch a break.

message 23: by Breezy (new)

Breezy That scene was really cool! It's about time something like that happened.

message 24: by Jo (new)

Jo I bet you Sebastian is going to walk in.
Awkward.....

message 25: by Jo (new)

Jo OMG.
What if Clary gets pregnant?
Jace meet Joycelyn.
Jace meet your coffin.

message 26: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Wait is this gonna be in the actual book or not ? Cause it should be them two finally have something good going on for once.

message 27: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Isabelle or Simon or Magnus are gonna walk by and interrupt them. Just has to happen :P

can't freaking wait until May 1st ^_^

Kiarra rothwell OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG R Sebastian (Jonathan) and jace and clary gonna be a team or somthing? *sigh* why does this stuff happen!? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
*mental breakdown*!

message 29: by Lola (new)

Lola Omg omg omg omg!!!! I am amazed at him!!! And her!!! Not that I don't want him to be with her!!!!

Ophelia ॐ HOLY CRAP!!! OMG! i have been waiting for something like this to happen between Clary and Jace FOREVER!!! now this is what i'm talking about! and really, i agree with whoever said that this book doesn't need to be rated G, no one under the age of 14 should read these and even if so, they should be able to handle this!! we want more scenes like this ;)
so well written, cassandra clare!!!

Katie To MicMac and Evelyn: Just saying I'm ten years-old. (But I do think the two of you are right about the age thing.) I LOVE these books. And I've been reading them since I was 6. And honestly if 10 year olds are reading this, or younger, and not liking it, or thinking it's inappripriate, THEN STOP READING THEM. So yes I agree with the two of you on that. If it's a young adult book, don't make it so elementry students can read it and not freak out about it, or be immature about it, keep it how teens want, hot and sexy...

Ophelia ॐ ^ woah your 10? thats impressive..have you beem keeping up with TIM series well?

Katie Niah wrote: "^ woah your 10? thats impressive..have you beem keeping up with TIM series well?"

Yeah.I read the whole Twilght series when they allfirst came out. Same with the Hunger Games. And the House Of Night. And the Infernal Devices, Vampire Acadmey, the Morgansville Vampires. Stephen King novels, Shakespeare, the Fallen series. Another Fallen series I fogot the nAme of them, the immortals. The Host, Divergent, a Beautiful Dark,BZRK, the Gone series, Cinder and other books like that

Giulia Well, things are starting to get steamy. About time we only had to wait for about three books!! I'm excited for this scene but also confused. Why is Sebastian there? I didn't think we liked him?? Any-who I think that scenes between Jace and Clary are gong to be very interesting. Hmmmmmm........

Katie Giulia wrote: "Well, things are starting to get steamy. About time we only had to wait for about three books!! I'm excited for this scene but also confused. Why is Sebastian there? I didn't think we liked him??

Totally, I don't like him at all. They are getting steamy, I wish she'd hurry up and finish the infernal device and the mortal insturmrnts so she can get working on the dark artifices. They sound cool.

message 36: by Tia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tia ShadowRealm percabeth wrote: "it totally seems like sebastian is controlling jace in this part...if he makes jace have sex w/ clary, jocelyn is gonna KILL him...which would soooo totally suck! and it's not like clary can stop j..."

Plus it would be quite gross that her BROTHER was behind her boyfriend having sex with her.

message 37: by Tida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tida this is some huge bullshit I WANT MORE NOW god how could they do this. i almost derstoyed my laptop 4 more

Ophelia ॐ Is this scene taken out of the book?
If so, then what the hell?

message 39: by Arti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arti AHHHHH!!!!!!!! I NEED TO READ IT!!!!!!!!

message 40: by Kele (new) - added it

Kele Cassandra Clare's tumblr: cassandraclare.tumblr.com
Lots of snippets on there!

message 41: by Tida (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tida damn wonder wat her dad would think

Christina Honestly, I didn't find the scene dirty or sexy, but the club scene bit seems correct! Clare says that she wants to tone it down; I suggest that she turns it up instead.

message 43: by MicMac (new)

MicMac Christina said, " Honestly, I didn't find the scence dirty or sexy,...." I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

message 44: by Nichole (last edited May 16, 2012 03:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nichole Miller Wow its it getting hot in here or is it just me;) they just need to hurry up an get it over with because we've been waiting for them to do something interesting for like five books.. I'm growing old here!

Hannah I've read the scene in the book and I'm still confused about what they actually did!

Katie Same

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ This is in the book.

message 48: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella Book Butterfly I don't find it dirty or sexy too.. More like naughty.. But It'l be great if it's on the book and yeah! what's Sebastian doing there? I thought he and Jace'd kinda become as one.. We badly needed to read this book.. I can't stand the suspense!

message 49: by Virginia (last edited May 18, 2012 08:44AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Virginia When cassandra posted this she said the scene was edited in the book because it was too strong. In the actual scene in the book Jace doesn't "dropped to the ground in front of her on his knees" He didn't kissed but he did touch:
From City of lost souls (kindle edition):

His body pinned Clary’s to the wall. His hands slid down along her body and
reached the end of her dress, drawing it up along her legs.
“What are you doing?” she whispered. “Jace?”
He looked at her. The peculiar light in the club turned his eyes an array of fractured colors. His smile was wicked. “You can tell me to stop whenever you want,” he said. “But you won’t.”
“Jace,” Clary whispered. “Jace, anyone could come in and see us.”
His hands didn’t stop what they were doing. “They won’t.” He trailed a path of kisses down her neck, effectively scattering her thoughts. It was hard to hold on to what was real, with his hands on her, and her mind and memories in a whirl, and her fingers were so tightly bunched in Jace’s shirt that she was sure she was going to rip the material.
The stone wall was cold against her back, but Jace was kissing her shoulder, easing the strap of her dress down. She was hot and cold and shivering. The world had fractured into bits, like the bright pieces inside a kaleidoscope. She was going to come apart under his hands

message 50: by MicMac (new)

MicMac Whoa,

« previous 1 3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Lost Souls (other topics)