College Students! discussion

books, books, and more books! > What Did You Finish Reading/What Are You Currently Reading?

Comments (showing 3,651-3,700 of 3,909) (3909 new)    post a comment »

Rebecca | 2 comments I just finished Catcher in the Rye and now reading The Historian for some supernatural flair.

message 3652: by Riley (new)

Riley Dawson | 10 comments I'm currently flipping around between The Woman in White, Snow Crash, and The Memoirs Of Cleopatra. Next up for me are a couple of giveaway wins as well as Eat, Pray, Love (I know, I'm a little behind the times on this one!)

Rachel (Rachel-bookishnerd) | 5 comments I just finished reading "How to Kill a Rockstar" by Tiffanie DeBartolo, and I am a little bit obsessed! It was fantastic!! It was moving, tragic, sexy and about musicians. Need I say more?

Lauren (misslaurenwilk) | 425 comments Just finished the Fifty Shades of Grey series and Bared to Me. I'm about halfway though The Fault in Our Stars.

message 3655: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1 comments I just finished reading "Something Blue" by Emily Giffin. I hadn't read the first book, "Something Borrowed", but I saw the film version. It was a quick read with a decent story, but I probably won't read anything else by this author.

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments I just finished Cinder and Anna and the French Kiss. LOVED them both. Now I'm reading Partials. Oh and I just finished listing to the audio version of The Demon King, really enjoyed it.

Anyone have a New York-ish book recommendation? As if I need something else to make me more excited about my trip...

message 3657: by Tami (new)

Tami | 2934 comments Mod
I finished Clockwork Prince, started and finished The Night Circus and started The Kite Runner this weekend.

LOVED both Clockwork and Circus so really hoping to keep that pattern going.

message 3658: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
Just started Tiger Lily -- I'm always down for a good retelling and Peter Pan was always a fave! It's from Tink's perspective before the whole Peter Pan/Wendy story.

message 3659: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Lori | 2109 comments Mod
Kimberly wrote: "I just finished Cinder and Anna and the French Kiss. LOVED them both. Now I'm reading Partials. Oh and I just finished listing to the audio version of The Demon King, really enjoyed it.

Anyone hav..."

I think it depends on what kind of book you want. Sex and the City might pique your interest. (It's pretty different from the series) Or maybe Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was pretty good and heart-rending. The Age of Innocence has an older feel to it (obviously because it was written at the turn of the century). That's my best shot. I usually read stuff set in the South.

message 3660: by Tami (new)

Tami | 2934 comments Mod
I finished The Kite Runner and started City of Fallen Angels.

I loved both my Secret Santa in July books!

message 3661: by Caro (last edited Jul 25, 2012 07:43AM) (new)

Caro (wutheringreads) | 62 comments Reading again, after a ridiculously long and exasperating rut, so I'm still making my way through Les Misérables, The Divine Comedy, Los Mitos de la Historia Argentina and La Celestina. I blame Jillian for my newfound compulsion for reading several books at once. ;)

message 3663: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Lori | 2109 comments Mod
Carolina, Is there an English translation of Los Mitos de la Historia Argentina? The title intrigues me, but the Goodreads page was not in English or French, so I was out.

message 3664: by Caro (new)

Caro (wutheringreads) | 62 comments Lori wrote: "Carolina, Is there an English translation of Los Mitos de la Historia Argentina? The title intrigues me, but the Goodreads page was not in English or French, so I was out."

Lori, there is. The English title is The Myths of Argentine History: The Construction of a Past as a Justification of the Present. I think you can find it on amazon.

Nicole (nkbvbgrl) | 35 comments I recently finished The Girl Who Played With Fire. I was planning on reading something else in between to switch things up but once I finished I immediately headed to the bookstore to buy The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. LOVE this series! It definitely lives up to the hype.

message 3666: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Lori | 2109 comments Mod
Great Caroline, thank you very much. I will check that out right now.

message 3667: by Tami (new)

Tami | 2934 comments Mod
Nicole, you are lucky! I had to wait for Hornet's to be released. :) Glad you are enjoying them.

Ashley | 61 comments I just started reading Life (Keith Richard's book). I've been on a bit of a rock star autobiography kick all summer so I'm pretty excited.

Shivanie | 3 comments I've final gotten down to reading the most talked about book this summer. I was kind of avoiding it because when i listen to what others like i don't find i like it as well.

This one is pretty okay im not a big fan of the writing but so far i like the character. Btw i did not even say what it was lol.....Fifty Shades of Grey

message 3670: by Alina (new)

Alina (alichan459) | 2 comments My friend read all three in a few days, said she couldn't get enough but I just am not convinced. Would you recommend them, Shivanie?

I've been slowly but steadily making my way through the Song of Ice and Fire series. I'm on A Feast for Crows, but I'm taking a break. Friends and family are beginning to complain. There are loads of flaws but they are as close to perfect as anything I've read at least, and man oh man am I entertained. Anyone else read any of them?

message 3671: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 679 comments YES! I've read up to A Storm of Swords part 1 :) I own the whole series, but have yet to make time to read the rest of the books... But I agree, they're SO GOOD!

message 3672: by Alina (new)

Alina (alichan459) | 2 comments Ooooh, Daisy, you have no idea how excited I am for you. Man oh man, that ending!

message 3673: by Tami (new)

Tami | 2934 comments Mod
I finished A Discover of Witches this weekend, started and finished Stargirl and started Love, Stargirl.

I can't believe I had never read Stargirl before. What a cute book.

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments Stargirl was required reading one year in school. Loved it.

message 3675: by Resa (new)

Resa (CrossStitchYourHeart) | 11 comments I finally finished the Hunger Games trilogy this weekend (well behind the crowd on that one I think). And I'm starting "Shadow of Night" which is the sequel to "Discovery of Witches" right now. So far it's been good!

message 3676: by Tami (new)

Tami | 2934 comments Mod
Finished Love, Stargirl and started 11/22/63 by Stephen King. this will only be my second King book, but my mother has been hounding me to read it for a while.

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments What did you think of 11/22/63? I've had it on my nook for a few months now. Haven't had a chance to read it.

message 3678: by Tami (new)

Tami | 2934 comments Mod
I have just barely started. I will let you know.

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments I read that as you'd just finished both. Oops.

Daniel | 388 comments I just finished The Exiled Queen and I am startingEyes to See

message 3681: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 679 comments Daniel wrote: "I just finished The Exiled Queen and I am startingEyes to See"

I LOVE the Seven Realms series!! :) What did you think?

Alecia (AleciaStone) I just finished reading Lord of the Flies which was a brilliant read. I'm now reading The Serpent's Head: Revenge and The Immortal Rules.

Daniel | 388 comments Daisy wrote: "Daniel wrote: "I just finished The Exiled Queen and I am startingEyes to See"

I LOVE the Seven Realms series!! :) What did you think?"

I really enjoyed the book and now I am putting a hold on the last two books. I thought the book had great story lines and twists in it. What I think would he cool addition to the series would be a book about Han's life as a streetlord.

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments I just started the Seven Realms books! Just downloaded the audio for Exiled Queen.

message 3685: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 679 comments Yay!! I can't wait for the last book!

Daniel | 388 comments I have the third book on hold at my library and will be able to pick it up in a few days. Yay!

message 3687: by Laura (new)

Laura Graves (lauraashlee) | 102 comments I recently read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. I really enjoyed it, but did anyone else find some of the events completely outrageous?

Nicole (nkbvbgrl) | 35 comments Tami wrote: "Nicole, you are lucky! I had to wait for Hornet's to be released. :) Glad you are enjoying them."

That must have been really difficult! Haha I had a hard time waiting til I could get to a bookstore. I finished it earlier this week and loved it just as much as the second one. But as with all good series, now I'm sad it's over.

I also recently finished Beach Blondes: June Dreams, July's Promise, August Magic which was disappointing even for a beach read and even though it has good ratings/reviews on its goodreads page. I'm leaving the beach tomorrow but I think I'll continue with the beach theme for a little longer and pick up That Old Cape Magic, which has been sitting on my bookshelf for way too long.

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments I'm about to start reading The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. I've heard such great things about it!

message 3690: by Tami (new)

Tami | 2934 comments Mod
I finished 11/22/63 and really enjoyed it. Not quite sure I like the ending though.

Now started Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo. Haven't read the series but own them all and my nephew keeps telling me how much he likes them.

Daniel | 388 comments I will be starting the The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima and Goliath (Leviathan, #3) by Scott Westerfeld

Katelyn Broad (katelynb) I just finished The Night Circusand now I'm reading Clockwork Prince.

Laarni (CaramelQuill) | 17 comments I finished Cinder two days ago. It was good. 4 stars!

message 3694: by Tami (new)

Tami | 2934 comments Mod
Katelyn,
I read them both and really liked them. Hope you did/do too!

Laarni, I keep meaning to pick that up next. Hopefully soon.

Sai Kumar Dasari | 13 comments I finished Shadow kiss by Richelle Mead and waiting for Blood Promise mean time went to a library and found Hamlet by Shakespeare...I never thought I will read Shakespear's but now reading...:):)

Akhil teja (akhilsayaawesomeeeeee) hi...i finished LOTR:FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING and i'm reading THE DAVINCI CODE

Laarni (CaramelQuill) | 17 comments Tami, it was a little predictable but I enjoyed reading it. I hope you will too :)

message 3698: by Robin (new)

Robin King (roboticrobin) I am currently reading Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West! It is a lovely book so far, I'm a fan of the musical so I thought I'd give it a go.

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments I just finished the Princess for Hire series, which I adored, read "Pushing the Limits" which was also fantastic and now I'm reading "Wicked Lovely" because the author is coming here for an event. :)

message 3700: by Paula (new)

Paula | 13 comments I just finished Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norell.
I'm reading The Name of the Rose