Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent question

Books like Divergent and Hunger games?
Livija Livija Aug 03, 2011 08:16AM
Do You guys know some good books like divergent? I really like this book, but i cant wait for 2012...;(

Here are a couple more really good YA dystopian books:

Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

And a few more from my YA dystopian shelf--I haven't read these yet but they have really good ratings:

Blood Red Road (Dustlands, #1) by Moira Young Burn Bright (Night Creatures, #1) by Marianne de Pierres Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Variant by Robison Wells Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant Weathercock by Melissa Crandall Ready Player One by Ernest Cline The Bridge by Jane Higgins The Droughtlanders (Triskelia, Book 1) by Carrie Mac

F 25x33
Debbie Testing Trilogy is very good and also Chaos trilogy
Feb 24, 2016 07:02AM

I just finished Delirium by Lauren Oliver. It is a newer dystopian novel. It's less action than Divergent or Hunger Games (which I both loved), but it was a good book too. Very interesting plot to me..
Delirium

F 25x33
Debbie Woodland series was really good
Mar 04, 2016 11:23AM

Graceling was a really good book too.

-Legend by Marie Lu. It's not out yet but it is FANTASTIC. Almost as good as Divergent.

-Delirium by Lauren Oliver is tied with Divergent for the best dystopian in my opinion. So different then all the others!

Another one I have on my to-read that looks really good (and I've heard IS really good) is Wither.

I absoluteley LOVED divergent!!!!!!!!!!!! I also liked the razorland series by ann aguirre,the legend series by marie lu, and the city of bones series by cassandra clare.

I am in love with these types of novels here are my favorites for the first books in the series,
divergent
hunger games
desire
the host
blood red road
inside out
uglies
matched
wither
delirium
the selection
and enclave!
Any questions about the books feel free to ask me!

Hannah (last edited Aug 22, 2011 05:51PM ) Aug 22, 2011 05:45PM   0 votes
A list of books I really enjoyed along with The Hunger Games and Divergent are:

-Enclave by Ann Aguire(Awesome! Sequel is called Outpost, but it isn't released yet)
-Blood Read Road by Moira Young (currently reading, great!)
-Gone Series by Michael Grant (Great books! books include Gone, Hunger, Lies, and Plague that are released so far.)
-Graceling by Kristen Cashore (Really enjoyed it, Sequel is fire, and Bitterblue which isn't released yet.)
-Matched by Allie Condie (If you like more romance)
-The Maze Runner (Trilogy) by James Dashner (great, sequels are The Scorch Trials, and The Death Cure.)
-I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore (Nice sci-fi, sequel is called The Power of Six)
-Insurgent by Veronica Roth (HAA DUH! No released yet though :( )

If you don't mind going back in time, there's The Giver Trilogy by Lois Lowry and of course, 1984 by George Orwell (read with caution, not kid's stuff, this one).

Sara (last edited Sep 07, 2011 02:31PM ) Sep 07, 2011 02:29PM   0 votes
Yes, check out the Maze Runner trilogy! And the Giver Series by Lowis Lowry!

UNWIIIINDDD IS SOOOOO GOOOOOOD

DIvergent ROCKED...so did Hunger games!!!Now reading Delerium!:)
Bumped may be next....not sure...

DIvergent ROCKED...so did Hunger games!!!Now reading Delerium!:)
Bumped may be next....not sure...

I'd definitely recommend Unwind Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shustermanas someone said before, very very good read, but quite gruesome.

Ok i have read
Divergent/insurgent- both OUTSTANDING!!!! (Favorite books)
Matched- not my favorite, prefer more action but if your into lots of romance then you might like it!
Legend- amazing, i loved it!
Prodigy- (legends sequel) equally as good!
Hunger Games- Loved!!
The Maze Runner- really good! Fille with action & adventure wtha little mystery
Any suggestions for books?
I have bought and i am about to read
Graceling
And
Derilium
Any other suggestions?

I wasn't crazy about Delirium but really enjoyed Across the Universe and Matched. Enclave was good. Divergent was simply outstanding - hoping the next one in the series is as good!

I like dystopian books...Until now, I've read 3 dystopian books..and I plan reading others...

I've read : Eve (Eve, #1) by Anna Carey, Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth and Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld...and I plan reading: Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi, Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1) by Lia Habel and The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins( and the sequels if I like the first ones ;) )

I thought the MCs of Enclave and Divergent were pretty similar

Matched by Allie Condie is really good.

Divergent and Hunger Games are by far my favorite YA dystopian lit I've read so far. However, I've also enjoyed: The Maze Runner (series), Gone, and All These Things I've Done.

Mariana (last edited Jul 13, 2013 09:19AM ) Jul 13, 2013 09:18AM   0 votes
Wither by Lauren Destefano

DELIRIUM by Lauren Oliver!
EVE by Anna Carey!
THE 5TH WAVE by Rick Yancey!
SHATTER ME by some hard to spell name!
LEGEND by Marie Lu!

try to read Incarceron.

What about Matched? This was a good book and book 2 Crossedcomes out this November. This will be a trilogy and the author is Ally Condie. But Divergent was definitely an awesome book!

Can't wait for Insurgent. and they're heading to Amity.

Can't wait for Insurgent. and they're heading to Amity.

The city of Ember series

I love Divergent and The Hunger Games. They are great book!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Divergent (other topics)
Burn Bright (other topics)
The Droughtlanders (other topics)
Gone (other topics)
The Bridge (other topics)
More...