Vampires, Werewolves, and Zombies. discussion

WEREWOLVES! > What are you reading right now that has werewolves in it?

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

C.V. Hunt (cvhunt) | 71 comments Mod
I just finished Gift of the Bouda by Richard Farnsworth and if you haven't read it, you should. I will be starting Werewolf by Greg Hair soon.

message 2: by Richard (new)

Richard Farnsworth | 16 comments CV, glad you liked Gift of the Bouda. Anything stand out? I've heavily outlined the sequel, but am working on a military scifi/horror hybrid right now (think the second aliens movie, 30k/90K words- should be done before before XMAS and then back to John Rogers...unless I start in on the Devil wears pradadesque chick-lit book I've always wanted to write...)

message 3: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

I loved it Richard. I told a lot of people that I know to check it out. I really liked how you mixed the two different cultures of shape shifters.

I really liked how you had John's family react to his gift, it made it seem more real. I liked John, and I liked his internal struggle between his human-self and his animal instincts.

I think the added hyena laugh was needed, it made his character truly unique. It added a mocking touch to his fights that was a great fit.

The way that you had ended it, it felt like there may be room for a sequel, and I'm glad that there will be more.

message 4: by Richard (new)

Richard Farnsworth | 16 comments I wanted to let you all know that my were-hyena/werewolf/soldier story, so kindly plugged by Carrie,(think of a culturally aware 'dog-soldiers') is available for a giveaway through the end of the month.
Gift of the Bouda by Richard Farnsworth

message 5: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

Richard wrote: "I wanted to let you all know that my were-hyena/werewolf/soldier story, so kindly plugged by Carrie,(think of a culturally aware 'dog-soldiers') is available for a giveaway through the end of the m..."
http://authorcvhunt.blogspot.com/2011...

message 6: by Richard (new)

Richard Farnsworth | 16 comments Another nice review, at Hellnotes for Gift of the Bouda is posted: http://hellnotes.com/gift-of-the-boud...

message 7: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

A great review. I have a couple of books up on the chopping block right now for reviews, and I plan on getting to Succumbing to Gravity by Richard Farnsworth. I like your writing style and I look forward to any more books that you publish.

message 8: by Richard (last edited Aug 23, 2011 04:07AM) (new)

Richard Farnsworth | 16 comments Thanks Carrie,

I have a military scifi story(I know that's a stretch for me, right?) about 30K of the first draft (1/3)done. So maybe mid 2012 release?
Oh- and did I tell you it has zombies, aliens AND big guns in it? It's tiring me out just thinking about it.

message 9: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

It sounds great. Hey, you right what you know, and military is what you know. It shows in your writing and it makes it great.

I know what you mean about getting tired. I need to review my third book, and finish up the forth (I'm about 2/3 of the way done.), but I just don't feel like it right now. I think I'm just burned out from getting the second published. I keep saying I need a vacation. I've been spending more time working on my paintings then writing lately.

message 10: by Richard (new)

Richard Farnsworth | 16 comments Clean your palate before you go back again, I recommend some frumf like...devils wears prada, or bridgitte jones, you'll be aching to get back to your work after.

message 11: by C.V., Scary Carrie (new)

Richard wrote: "Clean your palate before you go back again, I recommend some frumf like...devils wears prada, or bridgitte jones, you'll be aching to get back to your work after."
Ha ha! I think I would go running back, whimpering, to the monsters after a chapter of that stuff. There are some things more evil in this world than the things that go bump in the night. Ha ha ha!

message 12: by Bennie (new)

Bennie (Lochinvar45) | 11 comments Hello, new here. The last one I've read was "The Skin Trade" by Geroge R R Martin. It was a good read but the ending was a bit confusing. I have several more on my kindle that I haven't gotten to as yet.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

DOG SOLDIERS is pretty great stuff, Richard. I'll have to check your book out. Anyone interested in a werewolf novel about a girl in trouble should check out RUTH DE LUNE. I'm not reading my own book right now (ha! -- how lame would that be), but I am working on a sequel. Does that count for the thread's topic?

http://www.amazon.com/Ruth-de-Lune-eb...

message 14: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes (mudmule99) | 17 comments I'm reading Primeval (Werewolf Apocalypse, #2) by William D. Carl

I'd like to recommend my 2 novels as well to all werewolf fans, reviews are excellent and the books are impossible to put down.
Life After (Werewolf Domination, #1) by Mercedes Ludill Vengeance of the Werewolf by Mercedes Ludill

message 15: by Rick (new)

Rick (Rook916) | 12 comments I saw a film called Dog Soldiers an its about a Scottish special forces squad that gets attacked in the highlands.... by werewolves.

message 16: by Rick (new)

Rick (Rook916) | 12 comments Oh but I am currently reading Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Werewolf (other topics)
Gift of the Bouda (other topics)
Succumbing to Gravity (other topics)
Primeval (other topics)
Life After (other topics)
More...