VAMPS-R-US discussion

Monthly Reading Challenge > RETRIBUTION-The Dark Hunters Challenge!

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (last edited Aug 02, 2011 02:35PM) (new)

Tiffany (Vampoholic) | 3255 comments Mod
Who's signing up?

For those of ou new tto the series of Dark Hunters, you may want to start from the beginning first. The only book that truly can be a stand alone is Acheron.

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0.5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5) (Were-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Unleash the Night (Dark-Hunter, #8) (Were-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter, #9) (Were-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter, #10) (Dream-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Fear the Darkness (Dark-Hunter, #11) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #12) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Upon The Midnight Clear (Dark-Hunter, #13) (Dream-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter, #14) (Dream-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter, #16) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter, #17) (Dream-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) (Were-Hunter, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #19) (Were-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon................

Retribution by Sherrilyn Kenyon......A hired gunslinger, William Jessup Brady lived his life with one foot in the grave. He believed that every life had a price. Until the day when he finally found a reason to live. In one single act of brutal betrayal, he lost everything, including his life. Brought back by a Greek goddess to be one of her Dark-Hunters, he gave his immortal soul for vengeance and swore he’d spend eternity protecting the humans he’d once considered prey. Orphaned as a toddler, Abigail Yager was taken in by a family of vampires and raised on one belief—Dark-Hunters are the evil who prey on both their people and mankind, and they must all be destroyed. While protecting her adoptive race, she has spent her life eliminating the Dark-Hunters and training for the day when she meeting the man who killed her family: Jess Brady.

A gun in the hand is worth two in the holster…

Jess has been charged with finding and terminating the creature who’s assassinating Dark-Hunters. The last thing he expects to find is a human face behind the killings, but when that face bears a striking resemblance to the one who murdered him centuries ago, he knows something evil is going on. He also knows he’s not the one who killed her parents. But Abigail refuses to believe the truth and is determined to see him dead once and for all.

Brought together by an angry god and chased by ancient enemies out to kill them both, they must find a way to overcome their mutual hatred or watch as one of the darkest of powers rises and kills both the races they’ve sworn to protect.

I'll be reading, will you?

READERS
Tiff
Rjsmommy

Rjsmommy | 326 comments Just got mine and will be starting it today!! Can't wait! I'm wondering if this one will be a little different just because the Darkhunter here is a little more recent than the past ones. ( I know the late 1800's is still not modern day but it's quite a bit different from Ancient Greek, Rome or Celts). Hope it includes plenty of my favs too..Acheron, Nick and Kyrian! Let's get started!

message 3: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

My thoughts exactly!!! And yeah, other than Nick (which I'm not even sure if he technically counts as a Dark Hunter or not) he is one of the younger ones. Can't wait to c how this one turns out!!! If I remember correctly, isn't he friends with my hunkilicious Z?

Rjsmommy | 326 comments Well, just finished and hate to say this since Dark Hunters is one of my favorite series...but I didn't care for this one. Won't go into details since I know many are still reading...but I'm greatly disappointed; didn't even seem like a Dark-Hunter novel to me...I would hate for readers new to the series to judge it by this book. Please do as Tiffany suggested and read the series from the beginning; especially since Kyrian (the 1st book) is my favorite along with Acheron's. I'll go into more specific details once more people have read. I will state that at least the bonus story was worth reading!

message 5: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!! I have been looking forward to this damn book! K, gonna read it tonight.

Evil Twin One (Ange) (teamvampire13) | 295 comments I'm getting to this one. I'm up to Dark Side of the Moon already and I just started the series. Acheron is the one I'm really looking forward to reading. But Jess did seem interesting the little bit that he's been mentioned so far.

message 7: by Rayna , Beware I BiTe! Well actually nibble :z (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Mod
Seriously tiff, your just doing everything you can to get me to read this series arent ya!

message 8: by Rayna , Beware I BiTe! Well actually nibble :z (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments Mod
okay fine.....ill read but i seriously cant even start them until Feb!

message 9: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Lmfao!! Well, u need to!!!!!!!!!!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Acheron (other topics)
Dream Chaser (other topics)
Kiss of the Night (other topics)
The Dream Hunter (other topics)
Retribution (other topics)
More...