Fans of Christian Romance discussion

Group Reads > ***CLOSED**September Book Nomination: Western Romance

Comments (showing 1-29 of 29) (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abbie (last edited Aug 15, 2011 08:37AM) (new)

Abbie (weatherlover1) | 235 comments Mod
Time to nominate our September Group Read!

Rules
1. Nominations are open from the 1st until the 14th of the month. I(Abbie) will let us know which book has "won" on the 15th.
2. Books are chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
3. One nomination per person.
4. This month is Western Romance!
5. It must be a Christian Romance Novel.
6.Authors that we have read in the last six months can not be picked. Here is a list.

Laurie Alice Eakes Read April 2011
Karen Witemeyer Read May 2011
Jillian Hart Read June 2011
Emma Miller Read July 2011
Jenny B. JonesRead August 2011

Again using Random.org Western Romance is the theme this month!

Western Romance can be any Christian romance with a western theme. Lots of great historical's to choose from as well as some great contemporary.

1. Out of Control by Mary Connealy(Abbie)
2. Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico by Lena Nelson Dooley(Lena)(Kristy)
3. Stealing Jake by Pam Hillman(Beth)
4. Love Finds You in Poetry, Texas by Janice Hanna(Victoria)
5.Vigilante's Bride by Yvonne Harris(Sandra)
6. The Peacemaker: Men of the Saddle by Lori Copeland(Lona)
7. A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas by Erica Vetsch(Rachel)
8. Deep in the Heart by Gilbert Morris(Christal)
9. The Eyes of a Stranger by Elaine Littau(Elaine)

message 2: by Abbie (new)

For my nomination I am going to pick a new one just out.

Out of Control by Mary Connealy

message 3: by Lena (new)

Lena Dooley (LenaNelsonDooley) | 21 comments Since my book Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico, recently won the Will Rogers Medallion Award for excellence in western fiction, I'll nominate it for the book. Fits the category really well.

message 5: by Trea (new)

Trea (duskrider3740) I'm going to vote for Love Finds You in Last Chance, California by Miralee Ferrell. I have this one from the library and it sound interesting!

message 6: by Kristy (last edited Aug 01, 2011 02:15PM) (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 71 comments I'm gonna choose one that has already been nominated as I am not familiar with the Western theme books, I don't think. I will nominate Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico by Lena Nelson Dooley

message 7: by Trea (new)

Trea (duskrider3740) I'm going to change my vote. I just finished Love Finds You in Last Chance, California last night and I found the book very dull and boring. My new nomination is Love Finds You in Poetry, Texas by Janice Hanna. This one sounds funnier anyway!

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Orchard (wwwSandraOrchardcom) | 26 comments I'd like to nominate Vigilante's Bride by Yvonne Harris.

message 9: by Lona (new)

Lona (cubalover) | 40 comments The Peacemakerby Lori Copeland

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (MelanieBorthwick) The Peacemaker by Lori Copeland is really good. I loved it and have read it twice. Very interesting!

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand | 131 comments Can I nominate A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas by Erica Vetsch? It's not released until 1st Sept so let me know if you'd rather I nominated a book that's been around for a few months instead.

message 12: by Christal (new)

Christal (blondange) | 1 comments Deep in the Heart by Gilbert Morris.

message 13: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Littau | 5 comments I would like to nominate my newest book, The Eyes of a Stranger, by Elaine Littau. It is the story of a mail-order bride who was rejected by the man who sent for her. She is faced with opportunities and challenges that few women of her time had. Thank you.

message 14: by Grace (new)

Grace Lundmark, Author | 1 comments I would like to nominate The Eyes of a Stranger, by Elaine Littau. She does a great job of planting believable characters in the old West setting.

message 15: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 5 comments I would like to nominate Eyes of a Stranger by Elaine Littau as well. I enjoyed this book and would love to join a discussion centering around this book.

message 16: by Abbie (new)

Just to be clear one nomination is all we need for a book and more then one does not help it's chances so if the other two want to pick a different book feel free. :)

message 17: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (MelanieBorthwick) I would like to nominate The Husband Tree by Mary Connealy. This is a really funny book and thoroughly enjoyable. I would like to see what people think of the characters.

message 18: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 5 comments Thanks Abbie for clarifying. :)

message 19: by Abbie (new)

Melanie wrote: "I would like to nominate The Husband Tree by Mary Connealy. This is a really funny book and thoroughly enjoyable. I would like to see what people think of the characters."

This is a great book but could I suggest you pick the fist book in this series instead? Mary's series are highly connected and it would be easier for others to read the first book first. Here is the link if your willing to do that. Montana Rose by Mary Connealy

Let me know!

message 20: by Abbie (new)

The winner for Septembers group read chosen using random.org is...

4. Love Finds You in Poetry, Texas by Janice Hanna(Victoria)

Looks like a fun read!

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand | 131 comments Ooh, I'll definitely be reading this one, it's been on my wishlist for ages!

message 22: by Cammie (new)

Cammie | 139 comments I loved Love Finds You in Poetry, Texas by Janice Hanna I read it last month. Enjoy it. =)

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand | 131 comments I've not read any Love Finds You books yet but their covers and synopsis always sound so appealing. Glad to have this chance :) Have already ordered this book from Amazon Marketplace, amusingly it's being shipping from the same company as my History textbook for university!

message 24: by Trea (new)

Trea (duskrider3740) I've read quite a few of them, and most are really good! There have been a couple of duds for me, but even if I didn't care for the story overall, it was an interesting read!

message 25: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I got my copy at SAMs Club for 6 something and it came with a
Love Finds You In Poetry Texas and another title.

message 26: by Lena (new)

Lena Dooley (LenaNelsonDooley) | 21 comments Yes, I just noticed that Sam's has two Summerside books packaged together. Even my Will Rogers Medallion Award winning book is packaged with another for 6 something.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never read any of the Love Finds You books either, but I want to. I have one on my Kindle wishlist and I've added this one as well. Plan to read it during September with the group...Sounds very good!

message 28: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand | 131 comments Abbie - just wondering when we'll be starting the new threads for September?

message 29: by Abbie (new)

hey the day is not over! Been a busy day will do it by this evening you read it already? ;)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Out of Control (other topics)
Love Finds You in Golden New Mexico (other topics)
Stealing Jake (other topics)
Love Finds You in Last Chance, California (other topics)
Love Finds You in Poetry, Texas (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jillian Hart (other topics)
Jenny B. Jones (other topics)
Emma Miller (other topics)
Karen Witemeyer (other topics)
Laurie Alice Eakes (other topics)
More...