Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

Group Reads > Group Read: August/September 2011 - The Pagan Anthology of Short Fiction

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gael | 660 comments Here is the place to post your thoughts about the current book of the month.

Happy reading!

message 2: by ֆʊɛֆֆ (new)

ֆʊɛֆֆ (Salem_Witch) Starting tonight - looks like it's going to be a great read.

message 3: by Ancestral (last edited Aug 03, 2011 03:14PM) (new)

Ancestral Gael | 660 comments The premise of the first story was promising, but I found the ritual elements grated.

I am finding the format of the second story a hindrance; I have no clue what the main thread of the story is, and it has lost my attention, hence this post.

I've really enjoyed "A Valkyrie Among the Jews" though, the third story in the anthology.

message 4: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gael | 660 comments How is everyone else finding the selection?

message 5: by ֆʊɛֆֆ (last edited Aug 16, 2011 09:10AM) (new)

ֆʊɛֆֆ (Salem_Witch) I definitely enjoy some more than others. But for the most part, it's been very good. I was in the hospital last week, and so I am just back to reading it again, as of last night. I can't remember the title, don't have the book with me, but the one with the Mothers and the Rabbleye family, and the Rune makers, I thought that one was very well written. I have terrible short term memory, so don't take me not remembering the title the next morning as any reflection on the work itself!

I had to look it up - it was The Rune Hag's Daughter. Selk River was also very good.

message 6: by ֆʊɛֆֆ (new)

ֆʊɛֆֆ (Salem_Witch) Finished the book last night, and enjoyed both of the last stories very much. All in all it was a great read.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 28 comments Hmmm, I am new here, so I have not yet started the book of the month. I just called my library and not one library in the state of Maine has a copy! How can that be? I am going to order it from out of state. Oh my!

message 8: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gael | 660 comments Oh dear, Stephanie. I hope you can get a hold of a copy. Perhaps you might like to check the next book is available, in advance, just in case?

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 28 comments Good idea! Our library is really good though, if the book is out there, they will find it and I could have it within the week.

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 28 comments Yay!!! It came today! I will start it tonight :)

unread topics | mark unread