Liquid Silver Books discussion

Let's Talk Books and More > What's your favorite romance genre?

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina Burns (tinaburns) I have to admit, Romance as a genre wasn't even an option for me for a long time, but thanks to a chance read of a Lori Foster book, I was hooked. My preference for my personal reads is Fantasy, SciFi, Urban Fantasy, Alternate World... I think you get the picture. How about you?

message 2: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (httpwwwgoodreadscomtanya0531) | 1 comments My favorite romance genre is Paranormal Romance but lately I've been getting into Erotic Romance

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina Burns (tinaburns) Tanya wrote: "My favorite romance genre is Paranormal Romance but lately I've been getting into Erotic Romance"

the nice thing about Erotic romance is you can still get all the genres you like, just with the "lights on"

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina Burns (tinaburns) Jenna wrote: "I've just become addicted to Urban Fantasy books though they aren't really romances. They may have romance in them though but it's not where the books are shelved.

I seem to be more of a paranorma..."
Yeah, I used to read straight fantasy, etc and always felt there was something missing. Once I discovered romance I knew what it was. I'm not much of a historical girl either, and tend to stay away from westerns for personal reads.

message 5: by Maddy (last edited Aug 05, 2011 09:50PM) (new)

Maddy Barone (MaddyBarone) | 6 comments I enjoy all kinds of books. My first favorite authors were Sally Watson and Eloise Jarvis McGraw. Yeah, it was a long time ago. :) They gave me a love of history as seen from the perspective of an individual. As I grew up I began reading historical romance, (and no one did it better than Georgette Heyer) and lots of fantasy. Then the paranormal romance genre exploded and I am hooked on that. I guess I really enjoy things that take me away from the here and now.

message 6: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Cavanaugh | 2 comments Most times it depends on my mood. I will pretty much give anything a shot. :D

message 7: by Chacelyn (new)

Chacelyn Pierce I have more Paranormal/Urban Fantasy book, but when I want to read a book set in the real world, without a werewolf walking into someone's backyard I bury myself into a Contemp. I'll read a historical if it's a good read and isn't too heavy with history, if it's about the romance I'm in...if there is too much stuff going on, I get bored with that.

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina Burns (tinaburns) Maddy wrote: "I enjoy all kinds of books. My first favorite authors were Sally Watson and Eloise Jarvis McGraw. Yeah, it was a long time ago. :) They gave me a love of history as seen from the perspective of an ..."
I agree on the "take me away" I enjoy the respite from reality. :)

message 9: by Tina (new)

Tina Burns (tinaburns) Virginia wrote: "Most times it depends on my mood. I will pretty much give anything a shot. :D"

That's a good attitude to have and will net you lots of stories.

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina Burns (tinaburns) Chacelyn wrote: "I have more Paranormal/Urban Fantasy book, but when I want to read a book set in the real world, without a werewolf walking into someone's backyard I bury myself into a Contemp. I'll read a histori..."

Historical is not my first choice either, and I do love a good Romantic Comedy.

message 11: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (midnight64) | 1 comments I read more paranormal & erotica. Also depending on my mood I might jump to historical. Also like westerns by Linda Lael Miller along with Beth Willimson.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Favorite to write, scifi erotic, and m/m especially combined.
Favorite to read, vampire, historical, suspense, adventure, scifi erotic. I like a few cowboy stories too. And any genre with m/m. Paranormal - if it doesn't involve witchcraft, zombies, ghosts, or horror. I like to be entertained, not creeped out or scared. There's a difference between suspense where you wonder what's going to happen next, and fear of what you are going to see happen next.

message 13: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana Caldwell (Tatiana_Caldwell) | 1 comments From a reading perspective - I enjoy all genres of romance and erotic romance, but I love reading historical, paranormal and scifi / futuristic the most.

I prefer to write paranormal, sci-fi/futuristic and fantasy (both urban and otherwise).

message 14: by Cynthianna (new)

Cynthianna /Celine Chatillon (celinechatillon_cynthianna) | 2 comments Wow, I've not known about the LSB group here on Goodreads until today and this is cool! :)

I like to read just about anything under the umbrella of "romance" except soppy, sad-ending stories (that are usually "Oprah picks"). Whether it's sci-fi/fantasy or contemporary or historical, I do like seeing the h/h live "happily ever after" in some manner, even if they don't get married so much nowadays.

What I write? Just about the same and I enjoy a bit of humor tossed into the mix as well. Reading is ENTERTAINMENT, so as long as I'm entertained, I'm reading!

message 15: by Jackie (last edited Jun 21, 2013 11:58AM) (new)

Jackie Weger (jackieweger) | 21 comments I love romantic comedy and my Kindle is stuffed with them. But I enjoy those soppy emotional romance novels too as long as it's HEA. I can recommend a couple of romantic comedies: A Hot Mess by LSBs author Christy Gissendaner and Follow That Dress by LSBs author Cherrie Mack.

Jackie Weger

message 16: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (Rosanna_Leo) | 61 comments Paranormal romance is always my go-to, but I've been enjoying a lot of contemporary as well. And like, Jackie, if an author makes me giggle, I'm happy forever.

message 17: by Diane (new)

Diane Saxon (dianesaxon) | 23 comments I could say contemporary but, wait. Romance. Most genres paranormal - shifters, vampire, witches. Love comedy. Oh and romantic suspense, thriller. Don't forget historical. As long as it's well written I love to read.

message 18: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Weger (jackieweger) | 21 comments Diane. I'm with you--if it's well-written I enjoy reading it. Some of my sister authors at Liquid Silver Books write fabulous Shifter and Vampire stories. LSBs author Lynn Lorenz comes to mind. I can't get enough of them. Some are dramatic and some are funny. I spend too much time reading when I'm supposed to be writing.

message 19: by Diane (new)

Diane Saxon (dianesaxon) | 23 comments I'm with Liquid Silver too and I've just been downloading a few books to my kindle to take away on holiday. A beech, a kindle and a margarita. That's the life. I'll be doing a few reviews too. Gotta say, I'm taking a couple of Lori Fosters with me.

message 20: by Cynthianna (new)

Cynthianna /Celine Chatillon (celinechatillon_cynthianna) | 2 comments I enjoy a good romantic-comedy, too. Nothing brings you out of the doldrums like a good combo of romance and laughter. It's probably why I've written and published a few of them (mostly under my Cynthianna pen name) myself. ;)

message 21: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Evans (goodreadscomKelli_Evans) | 9 comments I'll read just about anything but I'm a contemporary romance girl through and through.

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hoppe | 97 comments I love them all, but Romantic Comedy is at the top of the list!!

message 23: by M.S. (new)

M.S. Kaye (MSKaye) | 15 comments Romantic suspense. Blood and bruises go so well with love. Lol I suppose it's the intensity I like (plus the fact that I'm a fourth degree black belt, and hitting things is fun!).

message 24: by Diane (new)

Diane Saxon (dianesaxon) | 23 comments Michelle wrote: "I love them all, but Romantic Comedy is at the top of the list!!"

Michelle, you might just want to look out for what I just sent in to LSB ...

message 25: by Monette (new)

Monette Michaels | 3 comments Romantic Suspense/Adventure/Mystery. Elizabeth Lowell is a goddess. JD Robb is up there (and I will read an occasional Nora Roberts from time to time).

message 26: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Evans (goodreadscomKelli_Evans) | 9 comments The blood in my veins runs comedic contemporary romance through and through. I love a good, funny, feel-good contemporary.

message 27: by Allie (new)

Allie Ritch (AllieRitch) | 1 comments I'm a huge paranormal romance and sci-fi/fantasy romance fan, which is why I write in those genres. I like a good historical romance or mystery from time to time too.

message 28: by Liquid (new)

Liquid Silver Books (LiquidSilverBooks) | 575 comments Mod
Diane wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I love them all, but Romantic Comedy is at the top of the list!!"

Michelle, you might just want to look out for what I just sent in to LSB ..."

Oh Diane, do tell! What's it about?

message 29: by Diane (new)

Diane Saxon (dianesaxon) | 23 comments It's a short story. A romcom, especially for Christmas, featuring a gorgeous cowboy. Fingers crossed that LSB like it.

message 30: by Liquid (new)

Liquid Silver Books (LiquidSilverBooks) | 575 comments Mod
Cowboy butts drive us nuts!! Can't wait Diane.

message 31: by Diane (new)

Diane Saxon (dianesaxon) | 23 comments Liquid wrote: "Cowboy butts drive us nuts!! Can't wait Diane."
I just saw your comment and couldn't help laughing. Oh brilliant. Can't wait to hear what you think of the story.

message 32: by Christy (new)

Christy Gissendaner (ChristyGissendaner) | 34 comments Jackie wrote: "I love romantic comedy and my Kindle is stuffed with them. But I enjoy those soppy emotional romance novels too as long as it's HEA. I can recommend a couple of romantic comedies: A Hot Mess by LSB..."

Blushes. Thanks, Jackie!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Jackie wrote: "I love romantic comedy and my Kindle is stuffed with them. But I enjoy those soppy emotional romance novels too as long as it's HEA. I can recommend a couple of romantic comedies: A Hot Mess by LSB..."

I'm honored to have been recommended by a fellow author. Thanks Jackie

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Funny but, romance for me, was never a choice read. I was always into suspense. I actually made fun of my sister's Harlequins. But, when I picked up the Christine Feehan Carpathian novels, I was hooked. Who said you couldn't add a little romance to a great story? Now, for me, it is a requirement. I love comedy, fantasy, paranormal, contemporary, even sci-fi. As long as there is a hot, bubbling cauldron of pheromones flying about, I'm all in!

message 35: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Weger (jackieweger) | 21 comments If ghost stories are considered paranormal, I love them. I just read a book in which the heroine saw and talked to dead people. It was so funny. She helped to solve crimes. The dead person would hang around and if they could, tell her who killed him/her. There was spirit/ghost she couldn't see, too and hoo boy! That was the sexy part. Gosh, I can't put my hands on the dang thing, or I'd tell you the name of it. I like sci-fi medical thrillers. I like Time travel, if the story puts me back into an interesting historical era--and the facts are right.

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Weger (jackieweger) | 21 comments Well, Monette, Nora and JD Robb are one and the same.

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Weger (jackieweger) | 21 comments I adore the soppy stories and a good cry--and a happy ending, if it fits. Beyond Fate is a soppy, tear-jerker. Needs a new cover though. I hope it gets one soon.

unread topics | mark unread