Stolen: A Letter to My Captor Stolen discussion

Ty - After the Sentence

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liza (last edited Jul 30, 2011 09:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liza I'm curious to know what other people believe will happen to Ty after he is released from prison. Do you think that he is redeemable like Gemma mentioned or will he continue down the path he was on?

More importantly, does anyone think he will try to search for Gemma after his release? I'm inclined to say yes- he's too mentally disturbed and will try to reach out to her again. (Maybe even while he's in prison.)

What do you guys think will happen to Ty after his release?

message 2: by Ber (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ber I definatly think he will try and reach her again, but the thing is, i don't think she'll mind. There was definatly some Stockholm syndrome going on during the book, so maybe they'll get to some kind of happy middle. But then again maybe not :)

Mags~CVAddikt~Your shock-wave whisper has sealed your fate I think Ty will break when he sees her in trial, when she tell her truth. And he may be miserable in jail at the beginning, later he will get better and live a fantasy on his mind ... and if he ever gets out, he will look for her. What will Gemma do? I think she will be scared and happy at the same time, scare of what she might feel for him ... not scared of him, because he would never hurt her ... right? Or maybe he will ... after the trail ... maybe he would feel betrayed.

Sorry my english is not that good ...

Cristina I think Ty will definitely still be obsessed with Gemma specially after reading her letter where she confessed not being sure about her feelings torwards him he may see that as a reason for him to have to see her again...And Gemma will be happy about that? Cause I never got to figure out if she was actually suffering Stocklom syndrome or like failling in love with him. I would LOVE a sequel to Stolen

Jennifer I have heard the author is thinking about a sequel and I really hope she does because I do feel like it was left unanswered. I was actually thinking that maybe he will be sentence to a psychiatric facility and maybe he will get some help and then after he gets out will want to apologize to Gemma. I think they both will definitely always have feelings for each other.

BGirl I think it would be cool if Ty wrote a letter to Gemma while he was in jail or the psychiatric facility or wherever he goes.

Trinity Yes a Ty letter would be great but I have feeling the spelling would suck ;) She should bust him out of jail and steal him off to the dessert.

message 8: by Emm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emm I think he should get sentenced to a long time in jail, and then like 10 years later he goes back to see her when she is married or something... and perhaps put stolen in his perspective... and show how he thought about everything.. ?

message 9: by Diane (last edited Dec 02, 2011 08:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diane I'd like to think (view spoiler)

Sydney Trinity wrote: "Yes a Ty letter would be great but I have feeling the spelling would suck ;) She should bust him out of jail and steal him off to the dessert."

LOVE IT!!!

Sydney I think he would go to a psychiatric facility. And I don't think Gemma had any Stockholm syndrome (or however it's spelled) at all! She was definitely falling in love with Ty. And if she hadn't been bitten, she would have stayed with him. Or at least, that's what I hope would happen! Ty never hurt her, well, besides keeping her away from civilization, he never really did anything except love her. He saved her from being possibly raped, or abused.

Diane I agree...(view spoiler)

Sydney YOU TOTALLY NAILED IT!! that's what I think! I mean, the author could have made the book longer, but then I don't think people would have liked it as well if it kept going on and on. So i demand a sequel!!(=

message 14: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola For me, i don't think that there should be a sequel, because the book was just enough and didn't drag along. However, if i were to guess on what would happen, i would say that gemma and ty will never see eachother again. I found it quite disturbing that gemma began to fall for ty because he clearly has mental issues.

Natty to tell you the truth i really want ty and gemma end up together but as for his sentence my vote is going more toward an insanity plead

Sydney I totally want ty and gemma together. I don't think he was totally insane. What he did was a little cooky, but at the same time, it might have been what Gemma needed....?

message 17: by Maria (last edited Jan 16, 2012 03:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria I finished the book. It was an amazing story. I cried at the end of the book, a thing I never usually do when reading a book.
I really hope there is a sequel because I do believe there are unfinished questions. I really wish they do get together, maybe later on in their late twenties. I really believe they are soul mates in a kooky sort of way.
Tye showed Gemma to see the world in a different abstract way and learn to respect and appreciate Mother Nature.
I just can't believe this is the end. I agree with you Sydney, I don't believe Ty was insane, perhaps a little eccentric and misunderstood.

Sydney YES!! Maria, you are right on the dot(= I never thought that Ty had showed Gemma to respect and appreciate Mother Nature, but he totally did.

message 19: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella I WISH THERE IS A SECOND ONE xd

Sydney IKR!!!

Vinola heck yea, ty should write a letter in reply that would be sooo cool!!

message 22: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Halsey I really wanted to see what happened after. I was so eager and wanted Gemma to write about her maybe visiting her in jail. I really wasn't sure if she had Stockholm Syndrome, because it just didn't seem like that was right. I'm not sure . . . but I would love a sequel.

message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza Lola wrote: "For me, i don't think that there should be a sequel, because the book was just enough and didn't drag along. However, if i were to guess on what would happen, i would say that gemma and ty will ne..."

I totally agree with you. I don't think he was a completely bad person but he did bad things. It wasn't romantic to me at all, just creepy. I mean, come on, he drugged her and took her from her family. It doesn't matter that he didn't rape her or harm her afterward, he is still a criminal who committed a horrible crime. I would never bash someone else's point of veiw, so if you think he was a good guy and they should end up together or whatever, that is your opinion and that is fine, but if I were in Gemma's place, I don't care how good looking a guy is or how sweet he seems after he KIDNAPS me, I would never stop fighting to get away.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Stolen: A Letter to My Captor (other topics)