Christian non-fiction books discussion

Introduce yourself > Introduce yourself

Comments (showing 101-150 of 326) (326 new)    post a comment »

message 101: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Marja Meijers (marja_meijers) | 385 comments Mod
Hi Nicole, welcome to this Goodreads group. Go ahead, browse through the various topics and let us know what you are up to as far as books/reading is concerned!

message 102: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (drasticAli) | 3 comments Hi, I am so happy to find and join this group. I've been on Goodreads a very short time and I think I'm a little obsessed :)
I have read many many books to help my growth in God . I tend to have one fiction and christian non fiction book on the go. I love books that lead me closer to God; prayer bible study ,holiness contemplation. I tend to buy books that reflect what the Lord is teaching me or challenging me with at that time. God has always spoken to me through books aswell as the bible and I find this endlessly exciting.
Other books I read are contemporary and classic fiction, fantasy, history and I still have a soft spot for childrens literature

message 103: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Biro (stephenbiro) | 2 comments Howdy do!!! My name is Stephen Biro and I just released my book Hellucination

Hellucination

It's Christian and non-fiction and I am looking forward to seeing the reviews come from those in Christ.

message 104: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Hi Elaine, welcome to this group, I hope you'll enjoy it! I noticed you have a lot of books on your favorite shelf that I have read too, so I am sure we'll have something to talk about :)
Feel free to browse around in this group, add topics if you feel we're missing one, leave comments and let us know if you have a book, a blog or an author you like to highlight.

message 105: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Hi Stephen, welcome to this group. Congrats on your book release. Your book doesn't have the every-day-Christian-nice-guy label on it :). So, tell us why this makes it to the Christian non fiction list and why we should read it!

message 106: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Chandler (SammieChandler) | 8 comments My book: A Love Story..How God Pursued Me and Found Me..An Impossibly True Story. It is raw, vulnerable and filled with God given truths and promises. I have 5 star ratings on GoodReads, Amazon (U.S) and Amazon (UK) Please take a look and drop me a line.

Samantha Ryan Chandler

message 107: by Marja, Moderator (new)

message 108: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Samantha, do you have a profile page on Goodreads? Please add some more personal info.

message 109: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Chandler (SammieChandler) | 8 comments Yes, I do have a profile page. It is with title of my book and name:

A Love Story..How God Pursued Me and Found Me..An Impossibly True Story

Samantha Ryan ChandlerSamantha Ryan Chandler

message 110: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Yes Samantha, I did found the link to your page, but it has no information on YOU!

message 111: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Chandler (SammieChandler) | 8 comments I am like most people is this discusion group. I have had many years of Bible study, voracious reader of self help God's way, and I am in my 13 reading of the Bible. Nothing prepared me for what I write about in my book. Oh, God did prepare me for the fight to have scripture on hand, but I had never known or read about anyone going through the war I went through. I sat down to write to me, never expecting it to become a book. I needed to understand where God was in all that happened that was out of control in my life and was not anywhere near being normal or fair. I was married 22 years to a souless abusive man with a heart of tar that decided to divorce me by means of destruction. He is the classic pharisee in the Bible. In my book, he is called Darth Vader. If any in this group decides to read my story, I am always curious as to which emotion you had during your read. I have learned, my book reaches people in different ways. One reader wrote and told me that she wanted to love her children in a greater way and another said she wanted to get closer to God.

message 112: by Tifphanie (last edited Dec 21, 2011 11:12AM) (new)

Tifphanie Tucker | 8 comments Good afternoon. I am excited to be a part of the group. I am the author of Women Under Construction released November 2011. My book has received 5 stars on Amazon and Goodreads. I am thankful to God for using me to exhort, edify and comfort women from all walks of life. As seen on Amazon, men will also be blessed and inspired. Please feel free to find out more about me at http://www.womenunderconstruction.com

I blog every Tuesday. My book has been added to our bookshelf.

message 113: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Thanks for joining this group Tifphanie and congrats on your book! I read your bio and visited your website and I must say you have guts :) A woman in the world of construction must stand on solid ground.

message 114: by Paul (new)

Paul | 28 comments Hello, new friends. I'm a second career Lutheran pastor planning to release a book of prayers in the first half of 2012, and a book of guided meditations by the end of 2012. Inbetween, I'll be working on some some creative non-fiction works in progress. I'm new to Goodreads and anxious to learn from you. I blog at http://www.prayingthegospels.com.

message 115: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Hi Paul, welcome to this group. It sounds like you have a lot of plans for 2012, I love that! I checked out your website, thanks for sharing the link. Do you know we have another Lutheran pastor in this group? His name is Luke Brown:
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/59...

Anyway, feel free to browse around the topics or start a new one if you feel the need for it, keep us updated on your work in progress and ask questions if necessary. What is the title of your upcoming prayer book?

message 116: by Paul (new)

Paul | 28 comments Thanks for the welcome, Marja. My book is titled: Praying the Gospels with Martin Luther: Finding Freedom in Love.

I've already found some new leads for reasonable formatting. Does anyone have a recommendation for non-fiction book covers?

message 117: by Marja, Moderator (new)

I'll make this a new topic Paul, since we have quite a number of authors in this group.

message 118: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Hi, just joined the group. I am a mental health worker and an ordained minister and studying for my Masters in Counseling now. To learn more about me my blog is at http://jeffinnc.blogspot.com

message 119: by Paul (new)

Paul | 28 comments Hi Jeff, Welcome - I liked your post on the Ragamuffin Gospel.

message 120: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Hi Jeff, welcome to this group. Thanks for adding your blog to our blog list, we're always looking for interesting blogs. Feel free to tell us about any posts that we shouldn't miss :)

message 121: by Y.I. (new)

Y.I. Lee (YILee) Knowing me, I'm probably writing in the wrong place. I just want to introduce myself and say how pleased I am to be part of this group.
My name is Y I Lee [Yvonne]and I'm a newish author writing Christian fantasy for youth/adult.
Goodreads looks brill, but I'm still trying to get my head round it all. It doesn't help that I'm rather technically challenged, if you know what I mean. :)But I'm loving what I've seen and learned so far and looking forward to making friends.

message 122: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (drasticAli) | 3 comments Hi Yi,Jeff and Paul and Paul, a very big welcome and Happy New Year. Not the wrong place at all Yi, nice to meet you:) Paul I'm looking forward to reading your books. They sound just up my street

message 123: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Hi Yvonne, welcome to this group, we're glad you're here! I noticed you're reading the Divine Conspiracy, I worked my way through that book years ago, I found it difficult to read (I am not a scholar, that is probably why). What do you think so far?

message 124: by Y.I. (new)

Y.I. Lee (YILee) Hi Marja,
Thank you for the welcome, I'm pleased to be part of the group.
I was watching a series of interviews with Dallas Willard. He was explaining the book and I really enjoyed it. So I thought get the book, which I did.
But like you Marja,I confess I'm finding it rather heavy going. I had hoped after hearing him discuss it, that it would be a book to help me improve my relationship with the Lord. Sadly,I have my doubts. I will persevere with it a while longer, who knows I may find a gem in there somewhere.

message 125: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Well Yvonne, I am sure it is a good book for certain readers, but for me... it goes way over my head. I like practical books that speak to my heart and that I can apply in my daily walk. You might finds some interesting books on our group bookshelf. let me know if you're looking for something specific or start a topic if you like.

message 126: by Lori (new)

Lori Kempton | 35 comments Lynette wrote: "Good Morning All, I'm an author as well and my book has been out for a year now but I got very sick the day after it went to the publisher. I spent that next year in and out of the hospital with se..."

I'm glad to see you're well again and working on your book. What is the book called?

message 127: by Lori (last edited Jan 14, 2012 04:59AM) (new)

Lori Kempton | 35 comments Hi Everyone,
My name is Lori Kempton. I am a newer member of the group and am looking forward to getting to know you. I've looked at some of your books and blogs already and am impressed. I recently had my first book come out in December. It is called "Just Trying to Be a Blessing!" You can see my blog at www.justtryingtobeablessing.com where you will quickly get to know me and learn my style of writing. Please check it out and let me know what you think! Here's a link to check out my book as well. Just Trying to Be a Blessing!: Reflections of life's ordinary, revealing the extraordinary

message 128: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Hi Lori, welcome to this Goodreads group and congratulations on your book, great cover! Feel free to add in to our book shelf, to start a new topic if you feel the need to do so. Enjoy!

message 129: by Lori (new)

Lori Kempton | 35 comments Thanks, Marja! I am still trying to figure all of this out, but I think I'm on the bookshelf now. There's so much I need to learn! LOL!

message 130: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Good job Lori, you're doing just fine, glad to see your book on our shelf.

message 131: by Lori (new)

Lori Kempton | 35 comments Marja wrote: "Good job Lori, you're doing just fine, glad to see your book on our shelf."

Sigh...

message 132: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Chough | 18 comments Hi. I'm Vince and new to the group. I wrote my testimony and the Kindle version is FREE through Sunday Jan. 22nd.

I hope it is a blessing to you.

Brave Fish: Identity, Love, Faith

Peace!

message 133: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Hi Vincent, welcome to Goodreads and this group, congrats on your book! LOVE the cover, a personal testimony... we can never have enough of that! Do you have a link to the Kindle version? Please feel free to post it here.

message 134: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Chough | 18 comments You got it Marja.... thanks and blessings to you!

http://www.amazon.com/Brave-Fish-Iden...

message 135: by Cesar (new)

Come Everyone See A Revival Cesar | 13 comments Hi I'm new to this group!!
I'm a writer, my first book was out on Jan 13th
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...
Looking forward to making new friends :)

message 136: by Lori (new)

Lori Kempton | 35 comments Welcome to the group, Cesar and congratulations on your new book! I love your cover and it looks quite interesting. Tell me about your publishing experience. How did that go? Did you self publish?

message 137: by Lori (new)

Lori Kempton | 35 comments Vincent wrote: "Hi. I'm Vince and new to the group. I wrote my testimony and the Kindle version is FREE through Sunday Jan. 22nd.

I hope it is a blessing to you.

[book:Brave Fish: Identity, Love, Faith|13318705..."

Vince,
Your book is going on my must read list. It looks great! I understand your fear of releasing such a personal story. I, too, had those same feelings. It's still hard when someone is talking about my life with someone else. However, I did it for God and if I feel a bit uncomfortable at times, to Him be the glory! Best wishes on your book! It looks like a best-seller to me!

message 138: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Chough | 18 comments Thank you Lori for your words of encouragement. Besides helping lift up believers, I pray that my writing especially helps those who are searching.

Much of my book takes place in the past when I was far from God, so a non-believer will be able to identify and not find anything preachy.

Nice blog you have by the way:)

message 139: by Lori (new)

Lori Kempton | 35 comments That's awesome! Can't wait to read it! Thanks for the compliment!

message 140: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Cesar wrote: "Hi I'm new to this group!!
Looking forward to making new friends :)"

Hi Cesar, welcome to this group and congrats on your book. Can you tell us what makes this book a Christian Non-fiction book?

message 141: by Cesar (new)

Come Everyone See A Revival Cesar | 13 comments Marja wrote: "Cesar wrote: "Hi I'm new to this group!!
Looking forward to making new friends :)"
Hi..."

Well its a book of brand new prophecies about the world > simply called Book of Prophecies...
open to questions about it....

message 142: by Cesar (new)

Come Everyone See A Revival Cesar | 13 comments Lori wrote: "Welcome to the group, Cesar and congratulations on your new book! I love your cover and it looks quite interesting. Tell me about your publishing experience. How did that go? Did you self publish?"

Hi Lori, well yes I self published, I did consider going down the standard route to search for a publisher, but with the content being what it was, I felt that I couldn't really hang around waiting for a contract, if things that were foretold had start to come true in the meantime, then the book would loose all its value!! I did have a huge experience with the publishing process but I have to say I'm fully enjoying it > working on my next projects already lol, but I am also in the middle of a blog tour for book of prophecies.... so its all go :)

message 143: by Lori (new)

Lori Kempton | 35 comments That makes total sense. It sounds like you're doing well! Enjoy!

message 144: by Naty (new)

Naty | 13 comments Welcome to the group Cesar! :)

message 145: by Cesar (new)

Come Everyone See A Revival Cesar | 13 comments Thanks Naty :)
>
Not everything is great, struggling at the moment with finding pre-pub reviewers for my second book!!! but I suppose it is an acquired taste of genre, the search continues lol
My third book, which is YA paranormal I'm sure will be much more popular...anyways....
the mission goes on lol

message 146: by Lori (last edited Feb 03, 2012 05:49AM) (new)

Lori Kempton | 35 comments Cesar wrote: "Thanks Naty :)
>
Not everything is great, struggling at the moment with finding pre-pub reviewers for my second book!!! but I suppose it is an acquired taste of genre, the search continues lol
M..."

There's always going to be something isn't there? Full speed ahead, Cesar! You can do it! Have a great weekend!

message 147: by Cesar (new)

Come Everyone See A Revival Cesar | 13 comments thanks Lori :)
happy friday

message 148: by Marja, Moderator (new)

Cesar wrote: "thanks Lori :)
happy friday"

Cesar, I have deleted the topic you made about your book and moved it to the folder giveaways. Since we already have a folder 'giveaways' there is no need to start a separate topic, if all members would do that it would get out of hand. You can start something like that on your own profile and direct readers there. Hope you don't mind.

message 149: by Cesar (new)

Come Everyone See A Revival Cesar | 13 comments Hi Marja, sorry about that > I didn't realise

message 150: by Ida (new)

Ida Davis | 1 comments hello everyone thanks for letting me join your group. i love reading books about the Amish and other Christians books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Christmas Is about Jesus: An Advent Devotional (other topics)
The Holy Spirit: Amazing Power for Everyday People (other topics)
Hellucination (other topics)
A Love Story How God Pursued Me and Found Me: An Impossibly True Story (other topics)
Just Trying to Be A Blessing! (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mona Hanna (other topics)
Samantha Ryan Chandler (other topics)
Bryan Holmes (other topics)
Jed Gourley (other topics)
Jerry A. Novick (other topics)