Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (new)

M Inspired by the quote below, I have created a new topic:

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Andersen, writer

2. Idea:
The idea I thought of, looking at this quote, is:
Group members may discuss songs which match a book (or a specific scene in the book) because of the lyrics, or because of an amazing rhythm.

3. For example:
The book: The Hunger Games, Katniss' constant thought about Prim and how she should keep her safe for the rest of the days, if she wins
The song: "You've Got A Friend"
Sang by: Carole King

This is not the perfect lyrics, I know, but I would liek to refer to a couple of verses:

"When you're down and troubled
And you need some loving care
And nothing, nothing is going right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night

Ain't it good to know that you've got a friend
When people can be so cold
They'll hurt you, and desert you
And take your soul if you let them
Oh, but don't you let them"

message 2: by Danyelle (last edited Jul 29, 2011 11:14AM) (new)

Danyelle (Danyellegilbert) | 4 comments New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer

Before Your Love by Kelly Clarkson

Bianca | 5 comments Interview With the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice
Uninvited by Alanis Morissette, this song is so perfect for this entire series it hurts. Perfectly moody and mysterious, it fits the perspective of both the vampire and the victim.

Braden (DCBoy) | 1 comments Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling

I think that Hero By Skillet would be good for this book because Harry basically is a hero

Teresa | 5 comments Thinking of You by Katy Perry - Frostbite of the Vampire Academy series. :)

Ally (Tennis_Reader) | 10 comments Have you heard "Safe & Sound" by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars? It was released for the Hunger Games movie soundtrack. I think it's perfect!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

yep!! I loved it!! can't wait for the movie!currently reading the book (:

Kenna.  (ily2themoon) | 6 comments Ally wrote: "Have you heard "Safe & Sound" by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars? It was released for the Hunger Games movie soundtrack. I think it's perfect!"

That song is so BEYOND perfect for the movie! I wish it was out earlier so I could have listened to it while reading the books!

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) Gallagher Girls Boxed Set (Gallagher Girls, #1-3) by Ally Carter

Secrets by One Republic

Katie The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins, Rue's death
If I die Young, Lady Antebellum. In my mind, the chorus fits perfectly.

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (Appsl) | 20 comments Kenna. wrote: "Ally wrote: "Have you heard "Safe & Sound" by Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars? It was released for the Hunger Games movie soundtrack. I think it's perfect!"

That song is so BEYOND perfect for the..."

True! This song rules!

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (Appsl) | 20 comments Safe and Sound Rules!!!!!!! And it fits like nothing else.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Kait wrote: "The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins, Rue's death
If I die Young, Lady Antebellum. In my mind, the chorus fits perfectly."

That song is by The Band Perry.

I LOVE Safe and Sound SO much!!

type95 Coldplay's song Viva La Vida always reminded me of this book.

Cast A Bright Shadow

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) In harry potter, in the seventh one, when he is about to kill voldemort, It reminds me of the Final countdown.

Daphne Delacroix You know the song 'Heart Of The World' by Lady Antebellum? I think it perfectly portrays Abby and Travis' relationship in Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

New Moon (other topics)
Interview With The Vampire (other topics)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (other topics)
Gallagher Girls Boxed Set (other topics)
The Hunger Games (other topics)
More...