The Ancient Lake Clans discussion

NightClan > Forest

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shayla (shaylaalexander) The back of the forest is dense and dark, perfect for late night hunting. The clearing is a great place to prectice fighting when there are no StormClan patrols around patroling the border. The lake in the front of the territory is only crossed by shore to get to the gathering place that is the island.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

"What do you smell?"

Although they were out for a fighting lesson, Pale Sky took every measure to ensure that his apprentice was sharp on her senses. And that included looking for StormClan scent. It was fresh and varied--a patrol had most likely just left the scene.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) Determined to impress her mentor, Stalking Shadow straghtened her posture, and puffed out her chest. She allowed her mouth to open, breathing in the scents around her.

"Well, there's you, um, the marsh, I think I smell a lizard, and something else. Like... trees. But they're not pine. Ugh, what is that?" She wrinkled her nose in disghust.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

"You should have remembered," Pale Sky mewed firmly. They had been near the border only a few times, but he expected Stalking Shadow to recall the musty scent.

"Take a moment to identify the scent. It's StormClan."

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) ((Sorry! I have to get off soon!))

"Sorry, Pale Sky, I'll remeber it this time." With a quick shake of her black coat, she scampered closer to the border, pausing to close her eyes and inhale the musty smell.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

((Aw, okay.))

Keeping his ears pricked for other cats, Pale Sky gave the black apprentice a few moments to take in the scent. "Come now," he meowed, beckoning her with his tail as he padded toward the clearing.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) Stalking Shadow bounced after Pale Sky, eager to participate in whatever it was that her mentor had in mind. She danced around his heels in excitement, sometimes bumping into him. "What are we doing now?" She asked finally.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Battle training." Pale Sky turned to glance at the enthusiastic young cat bouncing around his heels through narrowed eyes. "If you can stay still, that is." Teasing, but still accusing.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) Noticing the accusation in her mentor's voice, Stalking Shadow sat on her haunches. You could see that she was still fidety. Her tailtip was flicking around like crazy, and her whole body thrummed with energy.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"We'll start with defensive moves," Pale Sky mewed, turning around to face Stalking Shadow. A good long training session would be good for the active apprentice.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) "got it," the little black she-cat meowed thoughtfully, crouching down, amber eyes set on her mentor. Even though she wasn't fond of fighting, and absolutely hated seeing it, she wanted to at least try. And defense is a must to learn, Stalking Shadow reminded herself. Because if I run into a fox, I can't be helpless.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 01, 2011 11:42AM) (new)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Attack me."

Stalking Shadow had been training under his supervision for two moons, and she was coming along well as an apprentice. The she-cat didn't seem to like her battle training as much, Pale Sky had noticed. Exactly why he'd focused more on it.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) ((Is this timeskip, or do we still RP?))

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

((Well, we're skipping two moons, so she'd be training for two moons. I could edit my post to make it make more sense, since she would have some battle training.))

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((Aaand, done. :3))

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) Vanster wrote: "~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Attack me."

Stalking Shadow had been training under his supervision for two moons, and she was coming along well as an apprentice. The sh..."

((G2G))

Stalking Shadow studied her mentor through narrowed eyes. Battle training was no fun, at least, she didn't think so, but it was necesary. Finally, she leaped at PAle Sky, intending to fake her attack, then trip him from the back.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

((Aw, bye!))

Pale Sky shot forward, giving Stalking Shadow a headbutt to the chest while she was in the air. It was a light hit, enough to unbalance her yet not harsh enough to knock the breath out of her.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) Stalking Shadow stumbled, but managed to regain her baance. Since she prefered hunting above all else, she had her blance down quite nicely. Even so that it came in handy during battle.

She tried again, but this time, the young black cat pounced on his back, trying to batter at his back legs for loss of balane.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Pale Sky's hindlegs fell first, though he'd dropped himself into a roll the second he realized it, Stalking Shadow clinging onto his back.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) Giving a mrrow of surprise, the black she-cat leapt off her mentor. Whisking back around, she bettered at his stomach.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Pale Sky kicked out at her, his legs aimed at Stalking Shadow's chest. Her blows would have been lethal in a real battle, but she had to learn that in that position she could easily be knocked away.

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) Though the blow didn't cause little to no pain, Stalking Shadow merely rolled away. Scrambling to her paws, Stalking Shadow lunged at Pae Sky, landing a blow to his shoilder without a pause. She knew the basics, which meant she knew that pausing coild result into losing... or worse, if in rea battle.

unread topics | mark unread