The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) The Scorch Trials discussion

Better Character?? Teresa/Brenda??

Comments (showing 1-50 of 262) (262 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Gabi When Brenda was introduced in this book i thought she wouldnt be one of the main characters. I thought teresa was a great character to the book and didnt think the same about Brenda. So far what it seems like is that Thomas is going to fall in love with Brenda since they made Teresa betray Thomas. I really dont like Brenda and was wondering what other readers thought???

BGirl Yes! I agree and I am seriously hoping that Teresa and Thomas will get together b.c. she was just doing what she had to even though it made me soo mad at the time!! I'm totally jacked for the next book though! And any thoughts on whose side Theresa is on? I still think she is on Thomas's side, but now I'm not really sure if WICKED is the enemy or if theres someone else?

message 3: by RP (new) - rated it 5 stars

RP **SPOILERS IN THIS**
I don't think I loved the idea of Thomas+Teressa since the beginning. I know that what she did was because she was forced to do it but if she loved Thomas so much then she wouldn't have beaten him up so much! I mean I would've acted it but i wouln't like beat him up!! And Brenda was talking in his head!! :o I think maybe the connection with T+T is now T+Brenda because Thomas can no longer communicate with Teressa. But yeah definitely waiting for the next book!!

Alyssa Barry Well I loved Teressa! That is until she beat the crap out of him... Now I don't care how much she apologizes I don't trust her. So I like Brenda better at this point.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brenda shes not as helpless as teresa. she can survive while teresa is annoying and needs other people. :)

message 7: by Lire (new)

Lire I love them both, but I can see Thomas with Brenda only.(:

Andrew Hildreth I liked Teresa from the beginning all the way up until she was kissing on Aris and when she beat the crap out of Thomas. Even if all that was for show or an act, I still don't trust her anymore. Like Thomas said: Things will never be the same....

I like Brenda.

Nicholas Alyssa wrote: "Well I loved Teressa! That is until she beat the crap out of him... Now I don't care how much she apologizes I don't trust her. So I like Brenda better at this point."

brenda all the way

Ariana Berry Team Brenda I think Teresa actually enjoyed beating Thomas up

ʙʟᴀᴢɪɴɢʟʏ I kinda' don't like Brenda. And Teresa like-freaking crazy back stabber. So there's like...no way to win.

message 12: by Alya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alya The Maze Runner started out great. I really thought the characters had potential in this series. Then came Scorch Trails which left me confused about which characters I thought had developed well...
And then came Death Cure... WHY JAMES WHY?

Now, I've made up my mind.
Of all the characters in The Maze Runner Trilogy, Teresa is the strongest one. I really hope that the point of view in The Kill Order will be from Teresas POV. She's such a mysterious and confusing character in the Trilogy, so it would be nice to know what goes on in that mind of hers...

message 13: by Tim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tim BRENDA! HUBBA HUBBA!

Crosly Anderson Brenda all the way. i found her a more attaching character instead of Thersa(all WICKED is good. WHAT IS IT WITH HER?) When I use Thersa for my personal mini stories, she's much better of a character. But still BRENDA!

Have I said enough???

message 15: by Tim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tim Jovana wrote: "Brenda all the way. i found her a more attaching character instead of Thersa(all WICKED is good. WHAT IS IT WITH HER?) When I use Thersa for my personal mini stories, she's much better of a charact..."

Hellz ya you said it all :)

Brenda is sexy too. sensual. my kind of girl! haahaha

message 16: by Shawn (new) - added it

Shawn Brenda

Ashley I do not like Brenda and do not trust her at all. Still not sure why. I'm not a huge fan of Teresa either but I'm still not too sure what's going on. I have yet to read the last book.

Jdr1243 i read all of them except kill order of course as much as i love teresa i vote brenda . brenda does the things she does but she doesnt do them blindly i just look from brendas point of view i still like teresa too though but brenda has it a little bit more together

Tina J Funny that you mention actually, because I can't stand Teresa!
There's just something about her that I terribly dislike.
Brenda on the other hand is great. Despite the fact that she's got the Flare, she always seems to make the most worst situations into something more light-hearted.
Like she has the attitude of: Well, it could be worse.
pmsl
And I hated Teresa even more after she 'betrayed' Thomas. I understand that she had no choice, but I fail to see why she even bothered to tell him to 'trust her'. Because she wouldn't have had to lay it on so thick. And kissing Aris? That really did NOT need to happen!
No matter what happens now, Thomas can't really trust Teresa.....and what's a relationship without trust?

But I always love a 'love triangle'. So I look forward to what happends in Death Cure (which I'm currently reading!)

Rosie Tina J wrote: "Funny that you mention actually, because I can't stand Teresa!
There's just something about her that I terribly dislike.
Brenda on the other hand is great. Despite the fact that she's got the Flare..."

I hate teresa too, and i MUCH prefer brenda, but, the only reason teresa did all those things was to protect thomas, and I dont see why thomas wont forgive her, i mean, if she hadnt have done it, he would have died. now im getting realy angry. SHE DID ALL THAT SO YOU COULD LIVE JUST FORGIVE HER YOU SELFISH IDIOT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ANYTHING. IM SORRY IS SHE WAS BEING A MEANY FOR FIVE SECONDS JUST GET OVER YOURSELF AND SAY THANK YOU DONT YOU THINK IT WAS HARD FOR HER TO HURT YOU LIKE THAT? HUH? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caroline I really liked Teresa in the first book and I had really wished that she wasn't "bad". I like Brenda to but for me she was sorta dull. So I kinda like Teresa more

Allison Alyssa wrote: "Well I loved Teressa! That is until she beat the crap out of him... Now I don't care how much she apologizes I don't trust her. So I like Brenda better at this point."

i'd post my own thoughts... but this pretty much sums it up :)

sherisa To be honest, this is kind of what ruined Scorch Trials for me. It may sound stupid, but what really made me dislike the book was that Teresa was one of my favorite characters - a good, strong, lead female character and her whole connection with Thomas seemed genuine. But then the author ruined it for me with the whole betrayal. I can't bring myself to like Brenda.

Janna Brenda

taylor Teresa really annoyed me, tbqh. Even if she did what she 'had to do' she wasn't the least bit likable to me even before the betrayal. Brenda was strong and had a lot of personality. Teresa was always crying and trying to make Thomas love her and forgive her, it feels like. For about all of the Maze Runner and Scorch Trials I was waiting to find out that Teresa was his sister or something. [I haven't quite finished the Death Cure yet.] I dunno, just my opinion. Brenda ftw.

message 26: by Eimy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eimy Brenda.
I don't dislike Theresa. There's alot of things to admire about both of them. But, when it comes to who would be better for Thomas...i think Brenda. In the second book i didn't like Brenda telling Thomas to run away with her because i'm like "who the heck do you think you are?" but there was something fun about Brenda, something i think Thomas needed considiring all the crap he went through. In the third book Brenda becomes a team player by helping out Thomas and the boys. I view Brenda as someone who was put in the story to comfort Thomas and have someone he can talk too.
There's a part in the third book (Pg 97) where she's talking to Thomas and comforting him and just being a friend. WHich for me sealed the deal.

"Minho. Newt. Frypan. All your friends care and worry about you. Even Theresa- she really did do all those things in the Scorch because she had no choice." -Brenda (pg 97) The Death Cure.

I think Theresa was there to add mystery in the first book, and give us hints as to who WICKED is, and to provide drama and tension in the 2nd and 3rd book.
I think their both great and admirable in their own way, and both can kick ass. But for me Brenda and Thomas was alot cuter to read about.

Konstantinos I prefer Brenda, Teresa annoyed me a lot in this book,although i liked her in the first book.

Krysta I actually have no idea who i like better. At first i didn't like Brenda, but then I realized how much Thomas cared for her and how hurt he was. Even if Teresa was doing it on purpose to save Thomas she could have taken it easy on the beatings. I think I wouldn't mind either of them. But I'm hoping he and Teresa will stay friends afterwards.

message 29: by Annabeth (new)

Annabeth I prefer Teresa over Brenda... no matter what she did, I know that every single one of you care for her. Teresa had no choice but to pretend to betray Tom. It's not her fault. It's WICKED's fault.
How can Teresa be annoying? I bet that you liked her in the first book. But if you didn't like her in the second book, it still means that you like her. You probably felt sorry for her when she died.
I personally think Brenda kind of trespassed into the relationship between Thomas and Teresa. Teresa was a friend of Thomas since they were young; then this Brenda girl shows up and snatches Tom from her.
How would TERESA feel? Risks a friendship with Tom to save her life. Dies to save Tom. Apologizes to him like a 100 times, knowing that Tom will never forgive her. And then her best friend/love interest goes away with this girl named Brenda.
I just can't get a picture of Brenda and Tom together. It's Teresa and Tom. They were meant for each other. You can just see it; their ability to talk to each other in their minds.
Brenda may have also been a spy from WICKED sent to spy on Tom. Ever thought of that?
Teresa suffered much more than Brenda, as I've said above. It's not easy to "betray" a friend, you know.
I hope you guys don't misunderstand Teresa. She was the strongest and at the same time, most caring character from the trilogy.

Mandi Friedman I prefer Theresa!!!! I long her as a strong female character. I thought it was amazing that she went through with the betrayal because it was all for him to survive... It was the only way. By her being harsh about it, it allowed everyone else to soften towards him. Brenda just seems a little crazy to me, just out of nowhere, and just seems like she was thrown in there just to have a love triangle. I thought it was weird- only 2 girls (at first) and they both go for THOMAS? A little strange? So I go with the first girl :). The only reason he and Brenda even got close was because they were separated from everyone else.

Rashika (is tired) theresa... i am sad that she was forced to do something she didnt want to do to save someone she loved and in the end he couldnt ever feel the same way about her. Its sad. :/

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Brenda!! she can totally kick ass

Diana ❀ ☺ TERESA!!!

message 34: by Tess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tess TERESA!!!!!!!!

message 35: by Joe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joe Gibson Teresa. I despise that last book and the way Thomas treated Teresa just because she followed the trials like they'd all been doing and lied to him. And although Thomas noted it so many times he couldn't trust her he can turn around to Brenda and trust her after she lied and said she was dying! Talk about the sympathy vote. I hate you Brenda, you ruined a perfect couple.

Karina Zourik Okay, so, for me it is Brenda. (btw, i read up to the second book and like a couple chapters of the third) so here are my thoughts.
At first I was in LOVE with Theresa but only cause I really wanted a romance cause im that kinda chick. But when I read the second book, I immediately knew Brenda would be big (not only cause I flipped some pages at the end to see if Theresa would remember Thomas) but because I usually have a feeling for those kinda things. I think she makes the positive in everything which is just like me and even though asking Thomas to run away with her was kinda weird and stupid, I REALLLLLY wanted Thomas to kiss her when they were dancing in that club. I KNOW he wanted her too! Im praying in the 3rd they have a giant kissing scene or something so I can be like "YES! I love T+B!"
Also, Theresa is seriously pissing me the f off! yes, i did fangirl when they kissed but that was when i liked her. The moment we met Brenda and she kissed Thomas on the cheek, i was like HELL YEAH! BRENDA ALL DA WAY! And Theresa, I understand she had to do that for Thomas but I mean, I don't know, I wouldn't have went THAT FAR! i mean the kiss was too much, u wanted to betray him, not break the guy in a million pieces and make a Crank eat him alive just to be vomited back up (and still alive) to be pricked by Grievers and scratched by those monster bulb thingies and then eaten but Theresa while she's wearing Aris' fave lip gloss of hers. I mean seriously?!
I also thought it was hilarious how she was all 'touchy-feely' it brought some humor to the gour of the Cranks and all. And I think there's gonna be something between them, thomas and brenda, if not in the books then in my mind!

message 37: by Lola (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola Mark Teresa FOR THE WIN

Nadiraalisha i HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE teresa!!!! I dont care that it wasnt her fault!! What she betrayed tom so bad and i cant.take.it.anymore.
Brenda is fun,nice and outgoing,i prefer brenda

Nadiraalisha Karina wrote: "Okay, so, for me it is Brenda. (btw, i read up to the second book and like a couple chapters of the third) so here are my thoughts.
At first I was in LOVE with Theresa but only cause I really want..."

100 percent agree!!!

Rashika (is tired) Joe wrote: "Teresa. I despise that last book and the way Thomas treated Teresa just because she followed the trials like they'd all been doing and lied to him. And although Thomas noted it so many times he cou..."

YES!! exactly. Thomas didn't see how hard it was for her. He only saw that he was heartbroken or whatever.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA BRENDA!

Any day . . .

Jessica Hardy Brenda Brenda Brenda!! Love how direct she is and how she makes the best out of situations. She also doesn't go along with WICKED's plans. Shes a great character and for Thomas shes better because she isn't screwed into his memory like Tereasa was.

Karlee Brenda! Not just because Teresa suddenly turns on Thomas and stuff, but her overall character is more funny, not nearly as annoying as Teresa's, and personally, I felt that you got to know her better

Amanda Brenda! I did like Teresa but she would sometimes get old or get on my nerves, especially in a few part of the 2nd book, The Scorch Trial. Brenda! I love her personality, she's so cool!

Bianca Brenda!! I found her character to be way more appealing. Teresa was too helpless, and a little whiny. Brenda was stronger and less cliche.

Samantha D Brenda. she was more interesting and I never really doubted her.

message 47: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger i loved teresa! i liked brenda too..but teresa was doing what she was supposed to, yes i was mad at her to in the scortch trials, but she really redeemed herself in death cure.

The Half-Blood I hated Teresa, even in the beginning. I liked Brenda. Brenda was interesting and strong, while Teresa was just...not.

Rashika (is tired) The Half-Blood wrote: "I hated Teresa, even in the beginning. I liked Brenda. Brenda was interesting and strong, while Teresa was just...not."

how is teresa not strong.. it's so obvious she is. right from the beginning you can see that. sure she is annoying but as you can see she isn't afraid of getting in trouble for speaking out.

message 50: by Vee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vee Gretzinger Bianca wrote: "Vee wrote: "ya, i like brenda, but teresa... they were best friends! she died saving thomas!"

Whoa... Major spoiler! I read the last book and everything but you might want to cover that up."

OH GOD, I AM SOOOO SORRY! i will, i will

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Scorch Trials (other topics)