Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) Crescendo discussion

Questions (for those who have read the book):

Comments (showing 1-50 of 100) (100 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

sofia This is a discussion section where anyone who has read the book are able to ask questions and discuss topics freely surrounding details of the novel.

My question is:

Could somebody tell me the reason why Patch would let Marcie kiss him? (I know he was assigned to her, but still.. why did he let her toy with him?)

Thanks!

Rebecca Probably to show the angels watching him and Nora that he does not ae any feelings for her

sofia Zool wrote: "Thats actually a really good question. Patch, being one of my favorite YA characters, I hate to think that Patch is anything but loyal to Nora. But really Patch is a player, I can't really think of..."

I feel the same way about Patch.
The thing was that I kinda got pissed off that he never really explained that part to Nora. I felt like she (and the audience) did have a right to know, after all, and because it wasn't explained well enough, well... yeah.
And I also know for a fact he had no feelings for Marcie. (But I still wanted a verbal verification just to make sure, hahah)
I am so glad this did not come off as stupid! I'm so happy this qualifies as a good question! haha(:

sofia Rebecca wrote: "Probably to show the angels watching him and Nora that he does not ae any feelings for her"

You have a point there..
did he ever say that though?

Marian Rebecca wrote: "Probably to show the angels watching him and Nora that he does not ae any feelings for her"

I totally agree about this statement. Patch was watched and he just wants to play safe. It's for the both of them, so really, Nora should understand.

Charlene I dont totally agree I mean he probably did do it because of the angels but he didn't know that Nora saw or was going to see becuase she saw it through by a touch of his back. I think he did it because he was feeling low and by kissing Marcie he knew that their was no strings attached. Even Nora figured out that when he is in a relationship he is in one that dosen't really require him to love the other person back or to give much of himself. In Nora's case he does love her but he made a bad and I mean really bad decision into letting Marcie kiss him.

Michael Moore to make the angels watching think he not interested in nora

Karli I think another reason why Patch let Marcie kiss him was the same reason why Nora let Scott kiss her. Revenge. They were both feeling heartbroken, so they went for a rebound kiss.

Erin Rebecca wrote: "Probably to show the angels watching him and Nora that he does not ae any feelings for her"

So true, maybe to throw them off their track a littel :D

message 10: by ♥ Erika ♥ (last edited Jan 25, 2012 12:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♥  Erika  ♥    To make Nora hate him. Patch probably thinking it was the only way to protect her. I think also to show the angels that he is not interested in Nora romantically any more. Maybe then he can become her guardian angel again without her knowing it?

Fallon Farmer ♥ Erika ♥ wrote: "To make Nora hate him. Patch probably thinking it was the only way to protect her. I think also to show the angels that he is not interested in Nora romantically any more. Maybe then he can become ..."
I think that is a good answer to that question. He loves Nora but does what has to be done to get to be her Guardian Angel again!! Good answer! :)

Elena I think he did because Becca Fitzpatrick didn't structure well her series. ;D

message 13: by Tezy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tezy Solis I read he kissed her because he could. and to get "tension" out beacuse he couldnt with nora with out getting sent to hell forever.

Morgan I think he was doing that to TRY and forget about Nora, but other than that I have No idea why! :)

Maria I was more curious at the end where Nora learned who her father was and why Marcie was never harmed in the fist place. Nora was in danger but not Marcie.. HMMM i guess the 3rd book will tell all.

Shazina To be honest that is the same thing that i thought. fair enough he was being watched, but that doesn't mean messing around, making the girl that he supposedly loves jealous... but Patch may be a player, but he may have done all of the above just to make Nora hate him, so she can move on, just so she doesn't hurt or suffer more than she already has.. :)

Emily I have a question. Now that Hank is dead and Nora has to lead the army, what will happen?

Shazina Emily wrote: "I have a question. Now that Hank is dead and Nora has to lead the army, what will happen?"

Is this from Silence #3?? :S

Emily Si. It is from Silence. I don't want to spoil it for you.

Shazina Emily wrote: "Si. It is from Silence. I don't want to spoil it for you."

oh, guess i'll have to read it soon then.. :)

Emily Yep. Sorry!

message 22: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy Rebecca wrote: "Probably to show the angels watching him and Nora that he does not ae any feelings for her"

Perfect answer Rebecca I think he explains that to her at the end of the book....he let's her to punish himself for letting the angels see Nora and him falling in love :-)

Sarika Sofia wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Probably to show the angels watching him and Nora that he does not ae any feelings for her"

You have a point there..
did he ever say that though?"

I like to think it was implied :)

Chloe Rebecca wrote: "Probably to show the angels watching him and Nora that he does not ae any feelings for her"
yes, i would probably say the same. and it was all for fun as Marcie said. Nothing serious. soooo. yeah.

message 25: by Essz (last edited Feb 20, 2012 01:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Essz It killed me when he did kiss her.. But he does answer her question "What do you expect of a relationship with Marcie?" and he says "Not love"..

So maybe it was all about sadisfaction..

Even though i kind a agree with Rebecca about the archangels watching him..

Kathleen Rebecca wrote: "Probably to show the ARCHANGELS watching him and Nora that he does not have any feelings for her". I extremely agree to this. But I hate how Nora does to Patch. :|

Stephanie Marian wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Probably to show the angels watching him and Nora that he does not ae any feelings for her"

I totally agree about this statement. Patch was watched and he just wants to play safe. ..."

I can see the fact that she should agree, but did he ever actually explain that to her? And, I would still have problems with it, just because that's me! lol

Nikki Patch is one of my fav ya book characters, but that thing with Marcie in Crescendo had really pissed me. He could have pulled away from her. i get that he was her guardian and he did it to show the archangels and all, but still, he should have thought of Nora for once. or if we see it the other way, he was actually doing it Nora, doing the right thing. if he had pulled away, the archangels would have probably thought that he loves Nora.

Alisha I Think he might have done that because he knew the archangels were watching his actions and he knew Nora was in danger otherwise so by kissing Marcie it through them off, and even though it hurt Nora he was doing it to protect her. So he may seem like a player but i also see a hint of loyalty. :)

message 30: by Olivia (last edited Jun 03, 2012 09:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olivia i think he was just playing with marcie since they dont have feelings for eachother

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood Eevee-I think another reason why Patch let Marcie kiss him was the same reason why Nora let Scott kiss her. Revenge. They were both feeling heartbroken, so they went for a rebound kiss.

maybe it's because scents they were fighting at the time ( i think) to show Nora she wasnt the only one he could be with and he didnt have to be with her if he didnt want to in the end. (even though we all know they end up back together in the end) scents she was doing the same to him with Scott.

Karli Yeah, and we all know Patch wanted Nora. He was just trying to prove a point to her and himself.

Destinyclaire Duncan Great question and i have no answer for it but i was mad about for sure! But maybe he was just sad over Nora so he was ok with kissing marcie?

message 34: by Essz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Essz Yearh thats why they got back together at the end of the book - 'cause they had both kissed other people?.. i dunno.. i just like Patch way more in Silence - that's where he finally prove how much i loves her, and the other way around..
Im seriously obsessed with this story, and I can't wait for Finale to come out.. god.. :(

Destinyclaire Duncan i agree with both of you! i dont want it to end though!!

Saara I agree too! I love the books so much! I hate the fact that Finale is the last one :(

Destinyclaire Duncan It better end really well though or im going to be soooooo mad

Meagin SofiaJeane.♕ wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Probably to show the angels watching him and Nora that he does not ae any feelings for her"

You have a point there..
did he ever say that though?"

exactly...did he ever say it? no so you dont know for sure which kills me! I personally think its what you notice in most YA characters who are in love with someone and its forbidden. They try to stay away and find someone new. Seriously though has anyone else noticed that in most YA books thats what the second book focuses on? the boy thinkin he'll be a gentleman and leave the girl for her own good because he loves her and its forbidden and stuff. Correct me if im wrong but you have to admit there is a defenite pattern there.

Libby I think the angels watching over him and Nora should go take a lunch break and let Patch and Nora have some...frisky time ,':) lol. Not to sound totally perverted. :)

Rachel My question is: When is the last book going to come out????? I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood um......... october 6th i think. caz its around my birthday some time.

Annie Probably he kissed her because he wanted to show the angels that he didnt love Nora so they wouldnt send him to hell. Even though he really did love nora, he had to pretend he didnt.

message 47: by Karli (last edited Jun 07, 2012 10:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karli The fourth book comes out October 23rd.

message 48: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Im so excited!

Karli Me too! I need to reread the series again before finale comes out.

message 50: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Wow! I reread the series randomly! I mostly just read Hush Hush and Silence over

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Crescendo (other topics)