Terminalcoffee discussion

Rants / Debates (Serious) > What do you think of the PMS milk ads?

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://blogs.forbes.com/marcbabej/201...

I cannot believe that anywhere, along the way, someone didn't say "you know, these ads might not be such a great idea."

And really, they're not even funny.

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Not funny at all.

message 3: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Nope, not particularly funny. I’m sure there would have been a better way to market milk as an aid to alleviate PMS. Those are just annoying.

message 4: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments I'm looking forward to the ads that trumpet the magical powers milk has in combating male pattern baldness and small or floppy dicks.

message 5: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11395 comments I used to use floppy dicks in my old IBM PC/XT.

Oh, wait. Typo.

Nevermind.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) The old floppy d.

message 7: by Brittomart (last edited Jul 24, 2011 12:12PM) (new)

Brittomart Women have women parts that make them go all crazy in the head once a month! That's it! Let's go sell us some milk, boys!

Really? Please.

message 8: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6836 comments Yes Britt, that is why we can not elect a woman president of the USA. And that Michelle Bachman gets those wicked migraines. No way, no how.

message 9: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 22176 comments Makes you wonder if any woman saw the ads before they were approved.

message 10: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Sexist. I find it demeaning to not only women but to men. It simlifies PMS into a joke that can be solved by a few sips of milk. Sexist, silly, stupid.

message 11: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Helena wrote: "Nope, not particularly funny. I’m sure there would have been a better way to market milk as an aid to alleviate PMS. Those are just annoying."

It isn't being marketed to alleviate PMS, really. It's being marketed to help the poor, beleaguered husbands/boyfriends/sons of the crazy, head-spinning, pea-soup-barfing harpies that make them miserable once a month.

I've never understood "Got Milk" advertising in the first place. Who, aside from vegans and the lactose intolerant, doesn't buy milk on a fairly regular basis?

message 12: by Annie (new)

Annie (agrunwell) I don't buy milk regularly. I just don't like it.

message 13: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Annie wrote: "I don't buy milk regularly. I just don't like it."

Some people don't, which I perfectly understand. I just don't think advertising milk with celebrity images or ads like these will prompt more people to buy it.

message 14: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6836 comments Lots of children don't drink enough milk. Or else they drink only chocolate milk--good for athletes but lots of sugar.

message 15: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl | 22176 comments I only buy milk if I'm buying cereal, and I don't eat much cereal.

message 16: by Karen K. (new)

Karen K. Miller (KarenKM) | 140 comments I can't drink milk or lactaid without getting gas pains that feel like labor pains. However, no problem eating ice cream.

message 17: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11395 comments A friend of mine recommended almond "milk." I haven't tried it yet, but she loves it. No lactose, no cholesterol.

message 18: by Lila (new)

Lila | 146 comments I think we have been fooled into thinking we need milk...

message 19: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments From The Blogess:
http://thebloggess.com/2011/07/i-will...

Also, if you haven't read her entry on Big Metal Chickens,
I urge you to.
http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-th...

unread topics | mark unread