Horror Aficionados discussion

Getting to Know You > What Good Things Happened Today?

Comments (showing 5,301-5,350 of 9,502) (9502 new)    post a comment »

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments I'm too lazy for a dog. Kudos to you.

Jon Recluse | 12283 comments Mod
Thanks.
He's the only thing keeping me moderately sane.

He didn't want to go, either.
He came in and passed out.

Eileen | 4510 comments Tressa wrote: "Eh, it's going. At lunch right now, hiding out in my hamster cage until it's time for me to face the public again."

Did you have anything good for lunch?

Eileen | 4510 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Thanks.

He came in and passed out."

I don't blame him, it's to hot to do anything else.

Eileen wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "Thanks.

He came in and passed out."

I don't blame him, it's to hot to do anything else."

It's unbelievable.
And I'm close to the ocean.
It must be lethal in the city.

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments Eileen wrote: "Tressa wrote: "Eh, it's going. At lunch right now, hiding out in my hamster cage until it's time for me to face the public again."

Did you have anything good for lunch?"

PB&J on whole wheat. Not very exciting.

Can't go wrong with a classic.

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments I'm a creature of habit. I've been bringing one to work for several weeks now.

Eileen | 4510 comments Can't go wrong with PP & J one of my all time favorites.

Good thing, tomorrow heat suppose to end. Only going to be on the eighties less humidity.

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments It's going down in the eighties here, too.

I hope it cools off here soon, without the associated electrical storm.

Tiffany King (Tifking73) | 46 comments Today is my Grandma's 83rd Bday; I've enjoyed spending time with her. I'm getting ready to go to my boyfriend's house for Supper. After that, we might go to watch the new Spiderman movie tonight.

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments Sounds like a great day, Tiffany.

message 5314: by Lee (new)

Lee | 3168 comments 74 degrees and rain clouds movin in.

Tiffany King (Tifking73) | 46 comments Tressa wrote: "Sounds like a great day, Tiffany."

Yes it is! Thanks, hope yours is great too!!!

message 5316: by Kasia (new)

Kasia S. (Kasia_S) | 2268 comments Hot and muggy here.. so I'm making an orange and chocolate cake from one of my many many cookbooks here, if all goes well it will be a good thing in deed :)

message 5317: by Jason (new)

Jason (Darkfiction) | 4545 comments Good luck, Kasia. Remember to send me a piece. :)

message 5318: by Kasia (new)

Kasia S. (Kasia_S) | 2268 comments Jason wrote: "Good luck, Kasia. Remember to send me a piece. :)"

I will send everyone a virtual slice, I love baking on the weekends because it feels so fun and stress free.. it's how I find my favorite recipes :)

Who said cake?
I like cake!

message 5320: by Kasia (new)

Kasia S. (Kasia_S) | 2268 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Who said cake?
I like cake!"

Fingers crossed that it comes out good, but the kitchen does smell like Christmas exploded in there lol( chocolate and orange) so should work out okay!

I like the sound of Christmas exploding!

message 5322: by Kasia (new)

Kasia S. (Kasia_S) | 2268 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "I like the sound of Christmas exploding!"

I agree haha and so far the crumbs taste delicious.

I'll just sit here quietly and drool..... :P

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments Tiffany wrote: "Tressa wrote: "Sounds like a great day, Tiffany."

Yes it is! Thanks, hope yours is great too!!!"

I had to work, but Jon was nice enough to keep me company today.

Tressa wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Tressa wrote: "Sounds like a great day, Tiffany."

Yes it is! Thanks, hope yours is great too!!!"

I had to work, but Jon was nice enough to keep me company today."

It was my pleasure. ;)

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments I think Kasia's culinary mysteries keep her hungry and busy baking in the kitchen. I made some delicious chocolate zucchini bread the other day, but the bottoms stuck. Going to get some new bread pans next time I'm at the store.

message 5327: by Kasia (new)

Kasia S. (Kasia_S) | 2268 comments Tressa, so you're home free, let the relaxing begin.

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments *sob* I gotta do it again tomorrow from 1-6! *weeeeeh*

message 5329: by Kasia (new)

Kasia S. (Kasia_S) | 2268 comments Tressa wrote: "I think Kasia's culinary mysteries keep her hungry and busy baking in the kitchen. I made some delicious chocolate zucchini bread the other day, but the bottoms stuck. Going to get some new bread p..."

Ooo that sounds so good, I find that those fancy and heavy non stick pans work best, otherwise I line everything Apocalypse style.

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "It was my pleasure. ;) "
..."

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. Look forward to discussing current events with you, lol.

Tressa wrote: "I think Kasia's culinary mysteries keep her hungry and busy baking in the kitchen. I made some delicious chocolate zucchini bread the other day, but the bottoms stuck. Going to get some new bread p..."

I found some really nice bakeware for my sister super cheap at a local Corningware outlet store.

Kasia wrote: "Tressa wrote: "I think Kasia's culinary mysteries keep her hungry and busy baking in the kitchen. I made some delicious chocolate zucchini bread the other day, but the bottoms stuck. Going to get s..."

Apocalypse Cake?!?

I'll take two!

Tressa wrote: "I think Kasia's culinary mysteries keep her hungry and busy baking in the kitchen. I made some delicious chocolate zucchini bread the other day, but the bottoms stuck. Going to get some new bread p..."

That's sounds so good.
My neighbor used to make zucchini bread that was wonderful.

Tressa wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "It was my pleasure. ;) "
..."

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. Look forward to discussing current events with you, lol."

Anytime, Tressa!

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments Zucchini bread is good, but after you've had chocolate zucchini bread with chocolate chips in it you won't ever go back.

Kasia, you should join the FB recipe group I'm in. Angie (Stephen King) started it, and some other girls from here belong to it. We share recipes and review them and compile them in a document area. Let me know if you want an invite.

Only one baker in my family, Tressa, and she was trained by Duncan Hines......

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments She's easy, too.

Okay....

message 5339: by Kasia (new)

Kasia S. (Kasia_S) | 2268 comments Yes please I would love to join in! My cake was surprisingly good, most intense chocolate and orange cake - or flavor - I have ever eaten, thanks Tressa!

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments Jon Recluse wrote: "Okay...."

Hmm, that joke fell flat. Guess I was thinking of Mrs. Betty Crocker and her easy box cakes. Still, tastes just as good.

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments Kasia wrote: "Yes please I would love to join in! My cake was surprisingly good, most intense chocolate and orange cake - or flavor - I have ever eaten, thanks Tressa!"

I'll send you an invite, Kasia.

Tressa wrote: "Jon Recluse wrote: "Okay...."

Hmm, that joke fell flat. Guess I was thinking of Mrs. Betty Crocker and her easy box cakes. Still, tastes just as good."

Gotcha! ;)

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments It's hard to make sense when you're doing five things at the same time!

It's hard enough when you're not.....

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments You got that right.

Been there, done that, got lot's of t-shirts.... ;)

Gatorman | 9456 comments Enjoying the start of my vacation at the lake house. Sorry you have to work this weekend, Tressa.

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments Glad you're all having a good time, Gator. I really don't mind working weekends too much. I do get a four day weekend the following week. I'm going to do something fun with Lucas and paint my kitchen.

Gatorman | 9456 comments Nice. What color are you painting it?

Tressa  (MoanaLisa) | 23307 comments Some shade of lighter blue to contrast the darker blue floor tiles. I bought it so long ago I can't even remember the color. I just refuse to paint unless I'm by myself, and I haven't had a day off alone in forever. Painting is very therapeutic to me. I put on some music and let my mind wander to any subject that pops into my head.