Urban Fantasy discussion

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS > Looking for Recommendations: Similar to Richelle Mead's Dark Swan Series

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey all! I absolutely adore Richelle Mead's "Dark Swan" series. I'm looking for more snarky, sarcastic, all around bad-ass female protagonists like Eugenie. I'm into anything PNR/UF so any reccomendations are welcome!

Other books I've read and love:
The Stormwalker Series by Allyson Noel
The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Strange Angel Series by Lilith Saintcrow

message 2: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jul 23, 2011 12:06AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Have you tried Richelle Mead's other two series Georgina Kincaid and Vampire Academy (and soon to be spinoff Bloodlines)? All 3 of her series are different story wise, but if you like her writing style in one series, you might enjoy it in another.

I like all of her series, so chances are if you liked Dark Swan, you might like her other books as well. Mead as an author likes to write very spunky heroines. Georgina from Georgina Kincaid is not bad ass like Eugenie, but she's very independent and sexually aware/confident (being that she is a soul stealing succubus after all). Rose from Vampire Academy is in training to be a warrior guardian, so she is very kick ass and tough.

If you want a different author, you could try Night Huntress by Jeanine Frost. There's quite a bit of snarky humor in that one, and the female protag is a vampire hunter.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Stacia ~ tuned out wrote: "Have you tried Richelle Mead's other two series Georgina Kincaid and Vampire Academy (and soon to be spinoff Bloodlines)? All 3 of her series are different story wise, but if you like her writing ..."

Yeah, I've read Vampire Academy and am in the middle of Georgina's tale. I've heard about the Night Huntress series... I'll give it a look. Thanks!

message 4: by Betelgeuze (last edited Aug 12, 2011 05:13AM) (new)

Betelgeuze | 112 comments The Elemental Assasin series by Jennifer Estep has a female assassin as the protagonist:

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) by Jennifer Estep Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4) by Jennifer Estep

Kate Daniels is more ruthless than most female leads in UF:
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Spider's Bite (other topics)
Web of Lies (other topics)
Venom (other topics)
Tangled Threads (other topics)
Magic Bleeds (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jennifer Estep (other topics)