UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Meet the Authors > Nick Spalding - New short story 'Dogs Of War' out now! Free until Sunday!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 115) (115 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Nick (last edited Dec 15, 2011 05:16AM) (new)

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Hello there,

For those that haven't had the dubious pleasure of my cyber-company over at the Amazon forums, I'm a humour author, currently with a contemporary fantasy out called The Cornerstone, two comedy autobiographies Life... With No Breaks & Life... On A High, and comedy horror short stories Spine Slaughter, I,Zombie, Feedback & Dogs Of War.

You can find out more about me and my books at my pages here:

Amazon UK

Amazon US

Smashwords

All the best,

Nick

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4563 comments Hi Nick, I was beginning to wonder if we were not good enough for you ;)
Welcome to the group. I expect there will be an orderly queue forming to talk to you.....

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Aw shucks, you're more than good enough for the likes of me Highway :)

This group's a really nice idea - let's hope lots of people join. I'll bung an advert on Spalding's Racket for it later.

Am happy to answer any and all questions, proving they don't leave me open to libel, or the anger of my friends and loved ones.

Karen (Kew) | 4038 comments Good to see you here Mr Tiggywinkle!

:0)

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) See how I now embrace the nickname in a probably futile attempt to take away its power and thus stop people using it?

Geoff (G. Robbins) (The noisy passionfruit) (Snibborg) | 5103 comments Well, there goes the neighbourhood.

Jax | 15 comments Great to see you here Nick, I'm currently reading The Cornerstone - An Urban Fantasy and would like to say I am thoroughly enjoying it so far!!

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Geoff wrote: "Well, there goes the neighbourhood."

Oh hell yeah!

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Jax wrote: "Great to see you here Nick, I'm currently reading The Cornerstone - An Urban Fantasy and would like to say I am thoroughly enjoying it so far!!"

Thanks Jax. Glad your liking it :)Let me know what you thought of it when you're done.

Jax | 15 comments Hiya Nick

Absolutely loved it! Adore Max and really hope that we will be able to follow his adventures more in the near future PLEASE! :)

I have left a review on Amazon (not very good at writing reviews but hope it comes across that I really enjoyed the book)

Shelagh (shelaghwatkins) | 82 comments Hi Nick,

Anything new in the pipeline to tickle our fancy?

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Thanks Jax! Review was great. Much appreciated :)

Shelagh: Yep - I'm currently working on a book about love and relationships. Same kind of tone and humour as in the two Life... books, but it's a fictional story. About 30,000 words in and looking at atotal of about fifty when I'm done. Hoping for an early September release, drafts and editing allowing :)

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 4335 comments Hi Nick,

I've just finished cornerstone and loved it.
I will put a review up soon and am looking forward to your next one.
Welcome to our club.

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Thanks Vanessa. As ever, I'm always very grateful when somebody takes time to leave a review for one of my books. They're invaluable.

Aside: I notice White Fang's the book being read by the group. Anyone's who's read Cornerstone will know I'm a big Jack London fan, so it's a great choice! :)

message 15: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Aug 01, 2011 10:53AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41786 comments Irk. Guess I'd better admit that I've not read Cornerstone yet. Sorry.Glad to know you'll be joining in with the group read, though!

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) No worries Patti. There are a lot of books out there after all :)

Karen (Kew) | 4038 comments Just seen that UK Daily Cheap Reads is featuring Life on a High today!

:0)

message 18: by Geoff (G. Robbins) (The noisy passionfruit) (last edited Aug 08, 2011 02:29AM) (new)

Geoff (G. Robbins) (The noisy passionfruit) (Snibborg) | 5103 comments Dammit Tiggywinkle, will you stop doing this to me. I now have a subliminal one-click for anything Spalding.

Aaaaargh.

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 4335 comments Hi Nick,
Just started Life on a High this morning when I woke up.
Just a few pages in and I nearly wet the bed laughing.
In future I'm going to have to make sure I "go" before I start reading!

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 25611 comments Vanessa wrote: "Hi Nick,
Just started Life on a High this morning when I woke up.
Just a few pages in and I nearly wet the bed laughing.
In future I'm going to have to make sure I "go" before I start reading!"

TMI alert!!

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 4335 comments Sorry, bit slow today...what's TMI?

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41786 comments Too Much Information, I believe. :D

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 4335 comments There was me thinking it was something something incontinence.
I'll say no more...lol
;0)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 4560 comments Hi Nick,
What a coincedence I just finished Life...With No Breaks this morning my back is still sore from sitting up with you all night,and I am not too sure about that chicken you fed me !Seriously though one of the best books I have read in ages and a great laugh.I have already downloaded Life...On A High but will wait till my sides stop aching before I read it. Thanks for joining us.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41786 comments I started Cornerstone last night, Nick. Very entertaining! Thanks!

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Thanks all :)

I'm going to be an unashamed self publicist at this point and ask that if you guys have time and don't mind doing so, would you stick up a review at Amazon for me? Positive word of mouth is about the only effective way of promotion for us indies!

I'm glad you're enjoying my stuff and hope you'll like the new one once it's out as well :)

Wendy | 15 comments I've just finished reading The Cornerstone this morning (in the car park at work!) & would like to say that I enjoyed it. I hope you're going to do that follow-up as mentioned at the back???
I've already reviewed The Cornerstone on Amazon & have now downloaded Spine Slaughter to give that a go.

Lisa (LisaS161) (LisaS161) | 8 comments Am about to start Spine Slaughter and have already one-clicked The Cornerstone.
I'm a bit of a scaredy cat though so wondering if reading SS at bedtime is a good idea? lol Don't want to be having nightmares about hedgehogs or hubby might end up in trouble.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (The noisy passionfruit) (Snibborg) | 5103 comments You have a husband who's a hedgehog Lisa?

Lisa (LisaS161) (LisaS161) | 8 comments Geoff (G. Robbins) wrote: "You have a husband who's a hedgehog Lisa?"

Well, he can be rather prickly at times Geoff.

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 8999 comments mwahahahaha!

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 4335 comments Nick, it is you who likes Batman isn't it...are you going to see Batman Live at the O2 ?

message 33: by Geoff (G. Robbins) (The noisy passionfruit) (last edited Aug 17, 2011 04:47AM) (new)

Geoff (G. Robbins) (The noisy passionfruit) (Snibborg) | 5103 comments So, Mr Tiggiewinkle, you've tried changing your name before, eh?

Clive Bonnet? Is that a frilly bonnet?

I've downloaded I, Zombie BTW.

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Vanessa wrote: "Nick, it is you who likes Batman isn't it...are you going to see Batman Live at the O2 ?"

Nope. Not really my thing. I'm strictly a dark, brooding, gritty Batman kind of guy. I think any live show is going to be far more like the old sixties TV series!

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Geoff (G. Robbins) wrote: "So, Mr Tiggiewinkle, you've tried changing your name before, eh?

Clive Bonnet? Is that a frilly bonnet?

I've downloaded I, Zombie BTW."

It makes more sense if you read The Cornerstone! The story is featured in it :)

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Lisa (LisaS161) wrote: "Am about to start Spine Slaughter and have already one-clicked The Cornerstone.
I'm a bit of a scaredy cat though so wondering if reading SS at bedtime is a good idea? lol Don't want to be having ..."

It's far too silly to be scary Lisa, don't worry :)

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 4335 comments Ah, it must be Darren that likes Batman.

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Vanessa wrote: "Ah, it must be Darren that likes Batman."

Oh no, no...it is me who loves Batman... just not the funtastic stage show version! :)

Nick Spalding (NickSpalding) Hi guys,

Just a quick post to let you know I have a new book coming out in September.

Visit my blog for more info :)

http://spaldings-racket.blogspot.com/...

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 25611 comments I'll have to save that for when I go on holiday - just the thing for a flight to america...

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41786 comments When do you go, Gingerlily? To Miami, yes?

Vanessa (aka Dumbo) (VanessaAKADumbo) | 4335 comments Nick wrote: "Hi guys,

Just a quick post to let you know I have a new book coming out in September.

Visit my blog for more info :)

http://spaldings-racket.blogspot.com/......"

I'll be buying it when it comes out...looking forward to it!

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 25611 comments I head off on the 3rd of October, visiting Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Kansas City and Miami. I have friends in all those places so am really looking forward to it.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41786 comments That sounds lovely and hopefully the weather will be great. Shouldn't be too hot nor too cold. You've heard about the earthquake, I'm sure. Astounding! Some of my family near Toronto felt the earth move yesterday!
Aw, I'm feeling a bit homesick. I haven't been home for a visit in three years...
Please have pancakes with maple syrup for me while you're there, Gingerlily.

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 25611 comments Pancakes with maple syrup - I can nearly taste them already.... (sorry.. I was away by myself for a few moments there..) My friend in Cincinnati posted on facebook that she felt the earthquake, and I told her it was because the country knew I was on the way! (.. just thinking about cinnabon now.......)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41786 comments CINNABON!!!!

That was so totally unfair!!!!

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 25611 comments They had one in the new Milton Keynes shopping centre last time I was there. Complete and total diet killer so I will have to keep away from them...

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41786 comments I'm resisting googling the recipe. I'm sure I couldn't make 'em as nice, anyway.

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 25611 comments I might allow myself 1 small one while I am at the airport. But after all my hard work (hoping to reach the 4 stone mark on saturday) I really don't want to put on loads of weight while I'm away.

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 41786 comments I read somewhere recently that the average Brit gains 10 pounds when on holiday in the States...I'll have a google later and see if I can find the report again...

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Cornerstone (other topics)
Dogs of War (other topics)