Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Themes > YA IR Romance?

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Melissa I was wondering if anyones has any suggestions or know of any Young Adult IR romance books??

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 6882 comments Mod
Perfect Chemistry is Latino boy/white girl romance. The second book, Rules of Attraction is as well. I think the third book is both Latino characters.

Delaney Diamond (Delaney_Diamond) | 463 comments Melissa,

Here are a couple:
Forever Mine, by Elizabeth Reyes (WW/Latin male) Forever Mine by Elizabeth Reyes and Sacrifices in the Name of Love by Vanessa Johnson Sacrifices in the Name of Love by Vanessa Alexander Johnson

Also, try this blog. The blogger reads a lot of MC YA, so I'm sure she'll have something you might like: http://blackteensread2.blogspot.com/

She's also on Goodreads, so you can check her shelf.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 6882 comments Mod
Sixteen Going on Undead is PNR, black girl/white guy (not sure of his age though).

Melissa Thank you so much for the recommendations guys! I will put these on my TBR list...I have one recommendation..I read this free book on Amazon called Ain't No Sunshine by Leslie DuBoisand it was AH-MAZING!

Thanks so much for the heads up, Melissa. That sounds really good.

Melissa ^^It was a really great love story with a craaazzzy twist at the end that I was not at all expecting!

Mell McKenzie | 5 comments I am not sure my book classifies, but my heroine is 18 and the guy is well, in his twenties.

It's called Winter Haven: a novel. Check it out here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 9: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (Rae_L) | 1988 comments Mod
It definitely fits, Mell. :-) Sounds interesting btw!

message 10: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle | 2918 comments Mod
I think Tiger's Curse (Tiger Series, #1) by Colleen Houck is a YA IR, but its also fantasy.

I have Tiger's Curse. Just haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

message 12: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I have Tiger's Curse. Just haven't gotten around to reading it yet."

Me too :( We'll get through TBR piles someday....

Yeah, someday!

message 14: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

I think this one may be a YA IR too: Romiette and Julio by Sharon M. Draper

message 15: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Silver Phoenix (Kingdom of Xia, #1) by Cindy Pon ?

message 16: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Vixen (Flappers, #1) by Jillian Larkin

Vixen is interracial? What's the combination?

message 18: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis is another one and it was awesome! I loved it. Can't wait for A Million Suns.

I also enjoyed Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore which had the start of an IR romance which will continue in the second book (can't wait)!

An upcoming Dafina IR YA series was mentioned here I think but I can't for the life of me remember the name or author. :-(

message 19: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Nov 11, 2011 12:00PM) (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Vixen is interracial? What's the combination?"

WW/ BM, it was a surprise to me when I read it.

message 20: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Rae wrote: "Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis is another one and it was awesome! I loved it. Can't wait for A Million Suns.

I also enjoyed Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore which had the start of an..."

Across the Universe is SFR/ YA/IR?! I must have it!!

Troysmom09 | 20 comments These are some YA paranormal IR that I have enjoyed. Asleep (Asleep, #1) by Wendy Raven McNair and
Games We Play  A Novel (The Quall Trilogy) by Toni Westbrooks

Let me know what you think!!

message 22: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Across the Universe is SFR/ YA/IR?! I must have it!! "

Yup! The interesting thing about the book is in the future, the default for everyone is mixed race. It's not clearly defined but their features are dark skin color, rather kinky hair and different shades of eye color. So when the main female char, a redhead, pale, freckle face girl, awakens and wanders on deck, the hero and everyone are a bit shocked because she is so different. I thought it was refreshing to read with that perspective. YA SF is really taking the cake on good stories these days. Hope to find more IR themed ones. If I don't get to write my own first, hehe. :-)

Chianti (chebad) | 1 comments Hello,

I don't know whether this particular forum is still of interest to anyone, but, Gravity by Raven St. Pierre is an excellent book that fits this particular topic. The heroine is African American and the hero of the story is of an Asian descent, both are teenagers. It also speaks to the prejudices that some interracial couples still face and the troubles that they have from families and friends. I will warn that it's a series and the second book has yet to come out.

message 24: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Chianti wrote: "Hello,

I don't know whether this particular forum is still of interest to anyone, but, Gravity by Raven St. Pierre is an excellent book that fits this particular topic. The heroine is African Amer..."

Sounds great. Thank you Chianti!

Raven St. Pierre (raven_st_pierre) | 59 comments Wow, thanks Chianti! I'm glad you enjoyed Gravity! Book two, "Secrets", was actually released April 4th Secrets (Free Falling Series, #2) by Raven St. Pierre and book three: Exposed will be released June 1st Exposed (Free Falling, #3) by Raven St. Pierre

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts on the book!!

message 26: by Alexandria (last edited Oct 06, 2014 05:24AM) (new)

Alexandria | 59 comments Nuit Noire by Carol Robi
A YA fantasy romance

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Perfect Chemistry (other topics)
Rules of Attraction (other topics)
Sacrifices In The Name of Love (other topics)
Forever Mine (other topics)
Sixteen Going on Undead (other topics)
More...