Amazon Kindle discussion

Reviewer's Haven > Indie Book Blog

Comments (showing 1-38 of 38) (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) Hello everyone,

My name is Scott and I have been running a book review blog for about 7 months now. I have reviewed about 75 books so far and am always looking for more books to read. I decide what to review on a case by case basis with erotica being the only genre I have no interest in at all. I am also not a huge fan of romance, but will read the samples and decide based on them. I also host giveaways on Mondays and guest spots on Saturdays. Stop by and say hi.

If you would like a review you can leave a comment on my review sign up tab or message me through Goodreads. My reviews are posted on my blog, Amazon, Amazon UK, Amazon CA, Shelfari, and Goodreads.

message 2: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 106 comments Patti wrote: "Hi Scott - you gotta leave your details here so we can find you!

http://paradox-theangelsarehere.blogs..."

The link to his blog is in the text above. I went and looked - looks good :)

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) Anne-Mhairi wrote: The link to his blog is in the text above. I went and looked - looks good :)"

Thanks very much! I wish I had a better eye for color an design, but when I try to get fancy or make it look nice I just destroy it. I am going for content right now and trying my best to write good reviews.

message 4: by Patti (new)

Patti Roberts | 27 comments Anne-Mhairi wrote: "Patti wrote: "Hi Scott - you gotta leave your details here so we can find you!

http://paradox-theangelsarehere.blogs..."

The link to his blog is..."

Thanks Anne-Mhairi, Patti :)

message 5: by Mhairi (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 106 comments @Scott: You're welcome, and it looks fine. Maybe a little on the basic side, but personally, considering it's a review site, I'm more interested in the content than its appearance.

@Patti: You're welcome :D

message 6: by Colin (new)

Colin Taber Hi Scott,

Let me know if you'd be interested in The Fall of Ossard which tells a coming of age tale styled as a dark fantasy. It's more a story of brooding and layers than an action packed adventure.

Most reviewers have been impressed with the world building, main character's development and the unique feel of the story. The Fall of Ossard broke into the Borders Australia top 20 not long after release.

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) Hiya Colin,

I actually already have both your books. Congrats on the high ranking so soon after release. That is a great accomplishment!

message 8: by Colin (new)

Colin Taber Wow.

I didn't expect you'd already have them!

They seem to be going well, both finding their niche amongst the multitude of genres.

Thanks for the kind words.

message 9: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Johns (PJJohns) | 26 comments Hi Scott,

If you're interested in steampunk fantasy, you might like Liberator's Ruin.

It's available on Kindle and Smashwords. Let me know if you're interested in reviewing it, and I'll be happy to send you a copy for review.

Description:
In a world at war, three people will decide the fate of an entire country.

Nathaniel An’Rieyr is the captain of the airship Storm Brother and profiteer extraordinaire. He dreams of making his fortune in the lucrative southern trade routes. But to achieve that, he will need to get involved in a war he has made a career of avoiding.

As the last surviving member of the Illysian Royal Family, the war is all Anna has left. The Rhivellian Empire took her family, her throne and her country. Unable to compete against the might of the Rhivellian war machine, Anna enacts a plan to retrieve a mighty artefact from a long-forgotten time. With it, she will finally have the power to force the Empire from her land; a goal for which she will sacrifice anyone, even her closest ally.

Thomas Ras’Kar, High Inquisitor of the Rhivellian Empire, has been sent to the capital of Illys in disgrace, where he will be forced to contend with the incompetent Thane Charles. Three years of occupation has seen the people of Illum cowed and the Thane’s interest turned to his own pleasures. A fate worse than death for a man of honour and action such as Thomas. But the Princess is returning to Illum, and she may be the key to Thomas’ redemption.

Phill

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) Hello Phillip,

I have to admit that steampunk is a pretty new genre to me, but I am really enjoying what I have read so far. I will check out a sample of the book and let you know for certain about the review. Thanks for the info on the book!

Scott

message 11: by Libby (new)

Libby (LibbyHeily) | 16 comments Hi Scott!

I have a very short collection of flash fiction entitled Twist Turn and Burn. It's less than 20 pages long and I released it as a way of introducing myself to the reading community. I'm working on my debut novel and I post new flash fiction on my blog every Friday. Twist Turn and Burn hops genres and styles. I don't know if this fits the format you prefer as it is a much shorter work and not truly a novel, but I figure there is no harm is asking. I'll leave the link to the free ebook available via smashwords below:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Thanks!

Libby

message 12: by Scott (last edited Jul 27, 2011 07:46AM) (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) Hi Phillip,

Your book looks interesting and I would enjoy giving it a read. My email can be found on my blog or send me a private message on Goodreads and we can get the details figured out.

Scott

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) Hi Libby,

I picked up a copy of your short story collection. I enjoy short stories as they can give me a break from the 600 page novels that I read on a regular basis. It's nice to be able to sit down and knock a book out in a single sitting. I'll let you know when I get to it.

Scott

message 14: by Libby (new)

Libby (LibbyHeily) | 16 comments Thanks Scott! I appreciate it!
Libby

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma Calin (EmmaCalin) | 23 comments I have a short story recently published and wonder if you would be interested in reviewing it. Its what I call 'urban fiction'.

It's available on Amazon ($1.38) but is currently FREE on Smashwords

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

Sub-Prime

Sub-Prime by Emma Calin

I am looking for reviews on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and of course Goodreads - if you have time and interest in this book

Thanks for your trouble,

Emma

message 16: by Scott (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) Emma,

I picked up a copy of your book on Smashwords. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Scott

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma Calin (EmmaCalin) | 23 comments Thanks for downloading it. I would be interested to hear your opinion.

Emma

message 18: by Scott (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) Got reviews posted for several books in the last few days on the various review sites. All of them are scheduled to hit my blog in the near future. Check out Lady of Terras: The Vayde Chronicles: Book 1, Harbingers of Mortality, The Other Side of Life, and Hatter.

message 19: by Editio (new)

Editio  (EditioMedia) | 2 comments I love seeing all these people with great book review blogs. The ones I checked out have really spent some time on them. I have a blog that helps support self-published authors http://editioselfpublishing.com/. We will be doing book reviews soon. I love seeing all these great books reviewed.

message 20: by Michael (new)

Michael Poeltl (mikepoeltl) Editio wrote: "I love seeing all these people with great book review blogs. The ones I checked out have really spent some time on them. I have a blog that helps support self-published authors http://editioselfpub..."

Editio, how do I get my books reviewed on your blog?
Mike

message 21: by Editio (new)

Editio  (EditioMedia) | 2 comments Michael wrote: "Editio wrote: "I love seeing all these people with great book review blogs. The ones I checked out have really spent some time on them. I have a blog that helps support self-published authors http..."

Michael, We have not started that part of our web site yet but feel free to email my team a synopsis of your book to info@editioselfpublishing.com. Make your you title it "Book Review" So that it makes it into the write hands. Then when we get that part up and running we can contact you.

message 22: by Julian (new)

Julian White | 3 comments Hi Scott

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to take a look at my horror novel, The Diviners. It's chunky, multi-stranded and somewhere between Stephen King and Clive Barker -- I hope! I can let you have a Smashwords coupon if you're interested.

Thanks!

Julian

message 23: by Michael (new)

Michael Poeltl (mikepoeltl) Editio wrote: "Michael wrote: "Editio wrote: "I love seeing all these people with great book review blogs. The ones I checked out have really spent some time on them. I have a blog that helps support self-publis..."

Sounds good, Editio. I've sent the request to your email.

Thanks for the opportunity.

message 24: by Kerem (new)

Kerem Mermutlu | 1 comments Hi Scott,
I don't know if you'd be interested in reviewing my YA contemporary novel My Last Summer. On Amazon it's been described as a 'Cather in the Rye for Asia.' Don't know if this would interest you!

description

Really enjoy your reveiws by the way!

message 25: by John (new)

John Zunski (JohnZunski) | 2 comments Hi Scott,

I'm just another clash of cymbals in a long parade - but if you can hear through the noise you may hear music. I have a realistic contemporary entitled Cemetery Street that I would love to have you review. It's a tearjerker. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/... Enter code ng85x for a complimentary copy.

Thanks,
John Zunski

message 26: by Scott (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in responses. I wasn't getting any emails about people posting in this thread. I thought it had died!

John thanks for the coupon I picked up a copy of your book this morning.

Kerem I'll check out a sample of your book ASAP and let you know.

Julian I got a sample of your book as well. I'll try to get a message to you guys by Tuesday at the latest.

message 27: by Chris (last edited Dec 13, 2011 11:42AM) (new)

Chris Parker (ChrisParker) | 6 comments Hi Scott,
If you are interested I would love to get some honest feedback of my first book 'The Vanishing Cyclist'.
It's a suspense / thriller, and you can see a sample from 'search inside' on Amazon. If you like the sound of it you can download for free using the coupon code JF44S on Smashwords, or I can email a copy if that doesn't work.
Thanks,
Chris
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

message 28: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (Barb65) Hi Scott,
I write adult fantasy. Please check my books and if there's anything that you'd like with a price on it, message me and I'll send you a coupon for free download.
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/vie...
Thanks

message 29: by Scott (new)

Scott (Bookblogger) Hi Chris,

I picked up the copy of your book from Smashwords. It will take me awhile to get it read, but I will try to remember to let you know when I do.

Hi Barbara,

I checked out your book listing and you have a ton of books! Which one do you think best represents the land that you have created?

message 30: by Steve (new)

Steve Vernon (SteveVernon) | 8 comments Hi Scott,

I am trying to drum up reviews for my latest release - Two Fisted Nasty

This is a collection of one novella - LEFTOVERS, and three short stories. Each of these four yarns are written in a tough noir/horror style and are definitely NOT for those gentle readers who are easily offended.

The collection is available in Kindle format and I would happily provide you with a review copy if you figure you'd be interested.

yours in storytelling,
Steve Vernon

message 31: by George L. Cook (last edited Jan 08, 2012 11:57AM) (new)

George L. Cook III (glc3) | 43 comments Hi Scott I would like to submit my book for your review

Scout: Survive The Night. The Dead War Chapter 1 [Kindle Edition]

The dead walk the earth. Mankind has begun to fight back and the Dead War rages on. This is the first chapter in the story of that war. One lone scout must fight his way through Newark NJ and deliver an important message to the US Army HQ. It begins as one man alone and ends with a battle at The NJ Devils Arena, The Rock!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RY6JSU

The book is currently free.

message 32: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright Scott thanks so much for offering a valuable service. Bloggers like you are the driving force for indie authors! Thanks!!!

message 33: by Darlene (last edited Jan 18, 2012 06:18PM) (new)

Darlene Jones (Darlene_Jones) | 54 comments Hi Scott,

I'd like you to consider reviewing my book. Here's the link to Amazon and it's also on Smnashwords. http://www.amazon.com/EMBATTLED-ebook...

message 34: by Frank (new)

Frank Mundo | 34 comments It's great to see so many new indie book blogs being published. I'm definitely interested and will check out the ones posted here. Thanks for sharing and best of luck with your blogs!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Scott! I have just released a Kindle novel, Kissing Corpses by Amy Leigh Strickland and would love to get some early reviews out there. If you are interested, let me know and I can email you a gift code for a copy.

message 36: by Mirvan (new)

Mirvan  Ereon (mirvanereon) | 30 comments Hi I can review books too but I also need some reviews. Please see my works if you are interested.

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/vi...

message 37: by Mirvan (new)

Mirvan  Ereon (mirvanereon) | 30 comments Hi I can review books too but I also need some reviews. Please see my works if you are interested.

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/vi...

message 38: by Greg (new)

Greg | 8 comments Hi, Scott. Would you be willing to take a look at my horror novella Lucifer's Sword? It's $1.99 on Amazon Kindle. My pen name is Greg Tom.

When Jesse Knight, his family, and friends go to Intermediate Lake, they expect it to be their usual summer trip, but things aren't at all as they seem. His family encounters several supernatural creatures, and along the way Jesse gains his own abilities. Jesse learns about his family and heritage, discovering that everything he's been told his whole life was a lie. He must find a way to face his fears, while dealing with scuba divers and monsters who are all trying to find Lucifer's sword. If Lucifer's sword is unleashed, it threatens to destroy the entire world, and his group must do everything they can to stop it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Fall of Ossard (other topics)
Liberator's Ruin (other topics)
Sub-Prime (other topics)
The Other Side of Life (other topics)
Lady of Terras (other topics)
More...