Q&A with Eliot Pattison discussion

What is your next release going to be?

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Fran | 3 comments Hi Elliot:
I loved reading both of your novels and I am looking forward to reading Beautiful Ghosts. What is your next novel and which series is it in? Hope to schedule another interview with you in the fall. Fran Lewis

Eliot Pattison | 14 comments Mod
Fran wrote: "Hi Elliot:
I loved reading both of your novels and I am looking forward to reading Beautiful Ghosts. What is your next novel and which series is it in? Hope to schedule another interview with you..."

Fran--Great to hear from you. I plan on sending out a copy of Beautiful Ghosts soon--that was the fourth in the series (six in all). I very much lok forward to another interview in the fall. Eliot

Fran | 3 comments I am creating my fall schedule and I hope to interview you in November. Fran

Fran wrote: "I am creating my fall schedule and I hope to interview you in November. Fran"

Fran--I meant to mention that my next novel will be the seventh in my Shan series.

Eliot

Jan | 1 comments Eliot wrote: "Fran wrote: "I am creating my fall schedule and I hope to interview you in November. Fran"

Fran--I meant to mention that my next novel will be the seventh in my Shan series.

Eliot"

Which map of Tibet do you recommend I use while reading the Shan series?

Jan wrote: "Eliot wrote: "Fran wrote: "I am creating my fall schedule and I hope to interview you in November. Fran"

Eli..."

Jan wrote: "Eliot wrote: "Fran wrote: "I am creating my fall schedule and I hope to interview you in November. Fran"

Eli..."

Eli..."

Asking what map of Tibet to use is a really good question. I have never found just one map that I can use for all purposes. Anything that has been touched by the Chinese government is questionable since their maps go through political censorship and also include primarily the government's Chinese names so that traditional Tibetan names are lost. For example, millions of Tibetans came from Amdo, a province of Tibet, and my characters often speak of that land--but you will never find it on a Chinese map. For general purposes I find the National Geographic maps to be the best. I also have some maps from the 1940's I use.

Eliot

unread topics | mark unread