Dark Dudes & Spunky Chicks Book Club discussion

What Else Are You Reading? > What are you Reading Now!

Comments (showing 1-36 of 36) (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sandra Rosa (Escalla) I just started Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready
the whole concept is rather silly but i'm enjoying it a lot!

message 2: by Oriana (last edited Sep 26, 2008 07:19AM) (new)

Oriana I'm reading: Twilight Fall: A Novel of the Darkyn by Lynn Viehl.

So far so good. I noticed you already read it, Kay and give it 4 stars.

I need more details, Sandra!:P Why is the concept silly? I hope it's not one of those TSTL heroines...

Sandra Rosa (Escalla) i finished it and i loved it.
it's silly 'cause the initial concept sounds forced, and it is a bit at the beginning at least, but did i say i loved it, because i really did.
you guys have to read it now, it has a bunch of cool themes, the Vampires, the way radio is so commercial these days and unbearable these days, grifting and rock n roll.
it's different in tone from most of the genre, and the heroine was independent without being TSTL, although she may be a bit Mary Sue, i'll have to wait on your opinion on that one

Florbela (Flor) I just finished Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward and I loved it. The best book in this series until now.
Now, I'm just starting Rachel Caine's Midnight Alley.

Sandra Rosa (Escalla) Flor i have the 4th already, all saved up for you! :)
Just finnished The Smoke Thief, highly recommend it!
I'll start Lord of the Fading Lands today since it seems it's going to be one of the winners, so we need moderators for the book discussion?
any volunteers?

Oriana Lover Awakened and The Smoke Thief are such good stories!:) I'll have to read the new Kleypas tomorrow (can't wait!) but after that The Lord of the Fading Lands will be waiting for me.
Btw, the second book for October is Demon Angel?

message 7: by Sandra (last edited Oct 01, 2008 02:51AM) (new)

Sandra Rosa (Escalla) New Kleypas? (isn't a wallflower christmas out in the 14th?)

Oriana Yep but Seduce Me at Sunrise is already out.;-)

message 9: by Ana (last edited Oct 01, 2008 03:46AM) (new)

Ana (Virgulina) I'm reading two at the moment, The Rest Falls Away at work and By Design at home.

Florbela (Flor) Me wants Seduce at Sunrise :-)

I would offer to moderate a discussion, but I don't have time right now, and besides, I don't think I would be very good at it :(
Sorry Sandra :(

Maybe some other discussions ahead

message 11: by Oriana (last edited Oct 01, 2008 12:41PM) (new)

Oriana LOL If you want I'll send it to you right after I'm finished.:)

Oriana Right now I'm rereading this:

The Game of Kings: First in the Legendary Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett

A must for anyone who likes good historical fiction.:)

Ana (Virgulina) You are? I so want to read the series, yet it's so long that it scares me!

I'm just finishing Lord of the Fading Lands and will start Hood by Stephen Lawhead afterwards.

Florbela (Flor) I have this series and another one called Niccolo on my TBR pile. A lot of my friends love both series :-)
Maybe I'll start this one too, that way I can discuss the books with you :-)

Oriana I would love some company, Flor! Ana O. do you want to start the series after the Stephen Lawhead? Or you are going straight for the next C. L. Wilson?;-)

Ana (Virgulina) Definitely the new C.L. Wilson, if they don't arrive tomorrow they have to get here on Monday or I'll murder someone at the post office. :-P

Ana (Virgulina) It's here! It's here!

Oriana LMAO!!! I guess that's also a "See you all Monday!".;-)

Sandra Rosa (Escalla) lol
yeah i have that series in my TBR list, but everybody keeps telling me the books only get good by the 3rd, and i'm not sure i can do that kind of commitment right now...

Florbela (Flor) oh! :( i also want to read the C.L. Wilson 's books :( But since I'm waiting for them, I'll think I'll start with the first of the Lymond Chronicles.
Maybe we can start a new topic here: Other book discussions

Oriana I can only agree!:)

message 23: by silvia (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:17AM) (new)

silvia I'm starting breaking dawn tonigth. whish me luck.

cant wait to be free of the twiligth curse

message 24: by Sandra (last edited Oct 20, 2008 02:56AM) (new)

Sandra Rosa (Escalla) i added a topic on this folder.
i was wondering can non-moderators create topics?
if not, just pm or something for a new topic :)

Florbela (Flor) yes they can. I created one :-)

silvia I've meeted my goal to read BD during the weekend. It was my favourite book of the series...I was surprised. i actually think I liked this one. The others just played on my SM vein

slayra Well, this comes a little late, but I'm new here (*grins*). I am reading "Underground" by Kat Richardson. It's been okay so far. ^__^

Emily | 14 comments :)
I'm starting the book, All together dead (the 7th of the sookie stackhouse series)
and going to be starting Sunshine by Robin McKinley today

Florbela (Flor) Right now I'm really into The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. I'm just finishing the last book of the series published.
I must say that the books are geting better everytime :-)

Calamity (CalamityJane) | 3 comments Hi! Being new to this group I thought I should start posting asap ;)

Right now I'm reading The Cell by Stephen King. It isn't on the Paranormal Romance category but I've made a point of showing my book wishlist to everyone I know so I'm expecting some urban fantasy goodies for Christmas =D

Sandra Rosa (Escalla) Welcome Maria, this book club was created with the purpose of sharing the books we enjoy with others and also find new ones together!
If you have any doubt at any time just please contact me :)

Calamity (CalamityJane) | 3 comments Hi Sandra and thanks. I shall keep that in mind =D

Emily | 14 comments I am reading From Dead to Worse in the Sookie Stackhouse series,

I'll be starting Sunshine by McKinley this evening!

Artemisa (ArtemisaShort) I know it was the group reading from October, but I finally started Lord of the Fading Lands.
I actually started to read the Lady of Light and Shadow, I read almost 2 chapters before I realise that book was the second one...

Thank for lending me the books bnoir :D

silvia your welcomed

I wasnt able to read almost nothings from the 3rd book. Actually I cant read nothing these days. I've started on the country of last things by paul auster he is one of my favourite writers and always grabs me. still nothing. I just dont have time to read

Ana (Virgulina) I'm starting Hood by Stephen Lawhead, so far so good, the author introduces a couple of nice changes in the story.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wicked Game (other topics)
Twilight Fall (other topics)
Lord of the Fading Lands (other topics)
The Smoke Thief (other topics)
A Wallflower Christmas (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jeri Smith-Ready (other topics)